Assistant AG Application.

In my previous campaigns one of the things I said I would do would be to open up an application process for anyone that is interrested in being an Assistant AG may express intrest and have their application taken seriously. Newer and older players alike. So if anyone is interrested in arguing criminal cases in front of the court of the North Pacific and looking into complaints and assisting the AGs office to the best of their ability -- Pick up an application, fill it out and post it here. If you are not comfortable for any reason to post it here you may inbox the application to my PMs Thank You.

I am looking for 2 maybe 3 players with a knack for arguing and a workable grasp of the Criminal code to help process complaints and to work with me to be a top notch Prosecution team.

Assistant AG Application

Forum Name:

TNP Nation Name:

How long have you been a member of TNP:

Do you participate/hold office in other regions:

Have you ever been convicted of any crimes by the court of TNP:

Do you currently hold any other positions in the region:

Do you have previous experience in the Judical of TNP (Justice, AGs office) Briefly explain:

Why Would you make a good Assistant AG:

I personally do not think I would have an issue with it if that person was in good standing in the community. I would have to research any applicable law.

If this is your way of saying you would be interested - Ive witnessed you demonstrate a keen knowledge of the law and if I am not mistaken have served in the judicary in the AG office and on the courts before - as such your experience would be invaluable and I would greatly and seriously consider such an application. I would like my office to be open and inviting to all who value the constibillocode and enforcing the laws of the land in our constitutional court of law.

I've been the AG twice. The first time was relatively successful by AG success standards. The second was less so but equal to the recent past AG's.

I was CJ too which was a tumultuous time, a roller coaster. I would be interested in doing background research although my desire to be in the courtroom is a not quite there.

I think there should be a number of assistant AGs.

I'll apply.

Assistant AG Application

Forum Name: Romanoffia

TNP Nation Name: Novare Res

How long have you been a member of TNP: I've been in TNP exclusively in one incarnation or another since The North Pacific came into existence.

Do you participate/hold office in other regions: No. I'm exclusively a TNPer.

Have you ever been convicted of any crimes by the court of TNP: No.

Do you currently hold any other positions in the region: Security Council.

Do you have previous experience in the Judical of TNP (Justice, AGs office) Briefly explain: Four Terms as a Justice (first term about 4 or 5 years ago), Chief Justice.

Why Would you make a good Assistant AG: I know how to dissect laws and arguments. I'm one Socratic SOB when you get right down to it. I know every dirty trick in the book that can be tried to skirt the law, and how to stop skirting the law. I know all the dirty tricks people pull to muddle up court proceedings and being forewarned is to be forearmed. Having worked silently and privately on more than a few defence teams in the past in terms of constructing arguments, I know exactly how a defence team works, and therefore, how to thwart their efforts in terms of how a prosecution should be conducted. Oh, and did I mention that I am capable of being a really sneaky bastard if needs be?

Thank you Mr. Roman for your intrest. I will review your application and let you know in the upcoming days ideally Id enjoy to have a few applications to vet - I'd like to pride myself on being an open Attorney General and give younger talent a chance to shine. The veterans are awesome and all but sometimes you gotta let the rookies tote the rock a couple times. Ideally Id like a healthy mix of veteran experience and newer eager players who want to prosecute and investigate complaints.

Punk D - I have looked thru the legal code concerning deputy AGs and only prohibition I have seen is one cannot be a Justice or a THO while serving as AAG. So with your experience. I'd love to bring you on board as an Investigator since you said you werent sure if you wanted to prosecute in court. I could certainly use a top notch investigator. So if you are interested feel free to fill out and submit your AAG application and I will review it and get back to you the same as with Mr. Offia

Assistant AG Application

Forum Name: HuAt

TNP Nation Name: Hudaman

How long have you been a member of TNP: A little over a month (about 42days)

Do you participate/hold office in other regions: no

Have you ever been convicted of any crimes by the court of TNP: no

Do you currently hold any other positions in the region: I am an RA member, Home Affairs members, and NPA

Do you have previous experience in the Judical of TNP (Justice, AGs office) Briefly explain: Aside from delving through the records of the court and AGs office, no.

Why Would you make a good Assistant AG: Law is something that I am very passionate for. I am an award winning debater in Judicial debate and have attended national conferences to improve my skills. I would absolutely love the opportunity to try to improve my skills, even if just in a game, by practicing in front of an "actual" court. I would love to get advice from other players and take the direction of the AG when arguing and researching, in hopes of representing. TNP to the best of my ability.

Thank you for your consideration.

PaulWallLibertarian42:
Punk D - I have looked thru the legal code concerning deputy AGs and only prohibition I have seen is one cannot be a Justice or a THO while serving as AAG.
Sorry to burst your bubble. :console:

Constitution:
2. Government officials are the constitutionally-mandated elected officials, any officials appointed by them as permitted by law, and members of the Security Council.
[...]
6. All government officials, with the exception of members of the Security Council, must maintain membership in the Regional Assembly while in office.

Because deputy AGs are appointed by AGs, they're government officials in the judicial branch, and have to be RA members.

I was at IRL work on a break. Checked the legal code for any applicable statutes - it was a preliminary and cursory response. I had intended to check into it further when I arrived at home. Though thank you for saving me time in bringing it to my attention sooner. At this point I am simply trying to ascertain intrest and gathering applications of any parties interested and then plan to look thru them later to pinpoint potential candidates or discard those ineligible.

But thank you for your comments.

Democratic Donkeys:
Whew, dodged a bullet on that one.
Actually, not quite. PD could function as an investigator for the prosecution without being an assistant AG. :P

I hope you keep your feathers numbered. :P

SillyString:
PaulWallLibertarian42:
Punk D - I have looked thru the legal code concerning deputy AGs and only prohibition I have seen is one cannot be a Justice or a THO while serving as AAG.
Sorry to burst your bubble. :console:

Constitution:
2. Government officials are the constitutionally-mandated elected officials, any officials appointed by them as permitted by law, and members of the Security Council.
[...]
6. All government officials, with the exception of members of the Security Council, must maintain membership in the Regional Assembly while in office.

Because deputy AGs are appointed by AGs, they're government officials in the judicial branch, and have to be RA members.
So those citizens appointed to Executive Staff positions that are leaves in the hierarchical tree of government officials of the North Pacific are, by the above definition, government officials. This explains why the TNP's ambassadors to foreign regions must be Regional Assembly members. And it explains why Lord Nwahs is presently looking for an Official Cartographer; now I feel a bit less slighted (by Lord Nwahs -- I now realize I'm getting the shaft from the body politic instead.)

I suppose Punk D and I can each work in our respective areas (provided that there is no oversight.) After all, neither of us is bound any longer by any oath to be responsible members of the TNP's society. So Punk D can investigate on his own and I can map on my own, each in our own irresponsible fashion.

The new AG should have a field day investigating all those citizens currently serving on the executive staff that are not members of the Regional Assembly. The law is the law, after all, and must be obeyed.

The only question I have is -- if one is (or becomes) a member of the Security Council, is it possible to be appointed to a lesser governmental post like Official Cartographer without having to join the Regional Assembly?

>^,,^<
Alunya

Alunya, I don't know why you could not be cartographer. Those that join the executive staff technically are not government officials. What allowed me to serve as Deputy Speaker and a Deputy Home Affairs Cabinet Minister was the fact that while The Speaker is an elected position and therefor a "government offical" and by proxy any deputy they appoint is also a government offical...the Deputy Cabinet Minister is not considered a government offical because they are not appointed by an elected offical. The full ministers ARE government officals due to being appointed by the chief of the executive, however, as they are not elected, anyone they may appoint cannot be considered a government offical.

Delegate ---> Minister (and there are only a few "manitory ministries" I.E. Foreign Affairs and Defense -- every other ministry is technically at will and at the discretion of the delegate)

Speaker ----> Deputy Speaker

Attorney General ----> Assistant Attorney Generals

Technically a Justice is a government offical they were elected..they do not have any deputy court clerks..but if they did they too would be considered government officals since they would be appointed by an elected offical.

A Cabinet Deputy would technically be considered a "Deputy Deputy" persay. While the Minister would be a government offical as they were appointed by an elected offical --- since they were not elected themselves anyone they appoint to be a cabinet deputy or work in that department would not be considered a government offical and therefore not bound by the law to maintain RA membership requirements.

That is why a new nation to the forum may apply for the executive staff right away without need of first being accepted to the RA.

As to the issue of why Lord Nwahs is not picking you to be cartographer ---- that is a personal discussion between the two of you.

Back