How to Deal with the Doubting Thomas's and Non-Believers

To paraphrase Galileo Galilei:

"I do not feel obliged to believe that the same Flemingovia who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use."

Also Thomas Jefferson:

"Question with boldness even the existence of a flemingovia; because if there be one he must approve of the homage of reason more than that of blindfolded fear."

-Thomas Jefferson, letter to Peter Carr, August 10, 1787

My dear Flemingovians, please listen. I do not feel that the non-believers intend to be disrepectful to the Flem-god. Every religion needs a doubting Thomas. The Non-Believers have just been voicing their concerns, their concerns are based upon reason I am assured rather then that of blind folded fear.

Isaac Bashevis Singer: "Doubt is part of all religion. All the religious thinkers were doubters."

The Buddha: "Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said it, no matter if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense."

My fellow Flemites I do not beleive Our Brother and Sister TNPers should be belittled or rediculed for their beliefs or lack there of nor do I feel they should be punished for their stories. Rather, we should seek to empathize and understand the non-beleivers. It strengthens our faith in the first born of Max when we are able to take Critism and use it to understand the flaws in our philosophy. We can then strengthen our resolve and our understanding to come up with counter arguments to bring those lost sheep into the fold. I am a uniter not a divider. To be combative and dismissive of the unbelievers does not help our cause. It makes my fellow flemites look like bullies. We are not bullies. We are a religion of love. All we want to do is worship the god of TNP and Nationstates in peace and harmony with our fellow TNPers. And let those who do not want to participate live in peace and harmony. And if they have something critical to say let us listen rather then be dismissive and punish them. Let us learn what we can do better.

The Book of Flemingovia Ch 12 verses 14-21

14Bless them which persecute you: bless, and curse not.

15Rejoice with them that do rejoice, and weep with them that weep.

16Be of the same mind one toward another. Mind not high things, but condescend to men of low estate. Be not wise in your own conceits.

17Recompense to no man evil for evil. Provide things honest in the sight of all men.

18If it be possible, as much as lieth in you, live peaceably with all men.

19Dearly beloved, avenge not yourselves, but rather give place unto wrath: for it is written, Vengeance is mine; I will repay, saith the Lord.

20Therefore if thine enemy hunger, feed him; if he thirst, give him drink: for in so doing thou shalt heap coals of fire on his head.

21Be not overcome of evil, but overcome evil with good.

The Book of Flemingovia Ch 7 verse 1-3

Judge not, that ye be not judged. For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye meet, it shall be measured to you again. And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother's eye, but considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye?

Our lord Flemingovia, First born of Max who thou art in The North Pacific,Hallowed be Your name.

Your kingdom come. Your will be done.On Nationstates as it is in heaven.

Give us this day our daily bread.
And forgive us our debts, As we forgive our debtors.

And do not lead us into temptation, But deliver us from The Rejected Realms.

For Yours is the kingdom and the power and the glory forever.

Flemen!

I spy with my li'l eye another doubtin' Thomas non-believer.

I have absolutely no doubt at all. That would clearly exclude me from being a Doubting Thomas on two accounts: I have no doubt and my name isn't Thomas!

t1l.jpeg

Back