five days

Flemingovia

TNPer
-
-
OK folks, I have had enough. Roman is gathering support behind the scenes, but rather than seeking to repeal the Flemingovian law, or accepting the democratic vote, Roman is seeking to hound me, and others like Falaptorius and Elgalotir are piling in behind him,.

It's bullying. It has been going on for weeks now. and I have had enough of it.

In five days I go away for a long weekend. If this has not finished by then I will be quitting TNP and, probably, Nationstates altogether. That is how long I can take it.

Please dont say anything like "rise above it". I have been doing that for days now. please don't say "take a brief break". If I am bullied out of this game it will be for good, not just for a short break. I could not bring myself to come back.

Sorry this has been a rambling post, but i am seriously at the end of my tether here.

I havent really seen it as bullying. He is writing his news articles. Let him write his news articles in peace. Its the same as unibot writing in the rejected times.

I dont know whats going on behind the scenes. But from what I hear it goes both ways. A 20% warn level for writing satire articles?

I just shared a Sermon on bother Romans latest article about listening and being respectful to the non beleivers to empathize with them so we may bring them into the fold perhaps you should read it.

I think flemingovian is a neat Idea. RP religion is fun. I think people like roman do not have an issue with flemingovianism just it being an official state religion. Those are legit concerns. I was reading old threads and roman commented positively on a lot of the hymns.

If there is going to be s RP state religion then by all means non-believers should also have the right to voice their displeasure. After all the TNP Bill of Rights still grants free speech. You have a right to say what you want, as do I, as does Roman, as does any TNPer. Its not the right to say something as long as I agree with it.

If hes really OOC bothering you. Idk. But from an outsider observer I feel it has been really tame in comparison. And youre not getting 20% warn posts for posting your satire religion threads. Like I hear some people got for posting a satire news piece. Whats good for the goose is good for the gander. Like I said i dk whats really going in behind the scenes. But I feel both sides are twisting and trying to manipulate things.

I enjoy participating in flemingovianism. Hopefully calling out both sides equally isnt going to affect my ability to minister to the lost troopers at home and deployed abroad.

All I know is im not likeing all this behind the scenes stuff that I hear going on. Part of RPing a game is not everyone is going to agree and there is going to be some RP opposition.

I think both of you should cool it really. And admins should not be punishing people. Or perceived to punish people for voicing concerns one way or the other.

Anyway I said my piece. I couldnt keep my tongue bit. Lets see how quick I find myself on someones bad side now. I really wish ALL this "behind the scenes stuff" would stop. And I DO MEAN ALL of it. That is whay is leavjng a bad tastes in players mouthes. Not any of this RP or RP Opposition stuff. But the fear of reprisal for not coming down on a certain side of the issue.

Like I hear some people got for posting a satire news piece.

I do not know who you have heard from, or what, but i think you have got the wrong end of the stick as to why Roman was warned.

for the record, I have never known an increase of the warning level to be implemented after so much debate, both in admin land and mod land. The decision was made by admins who have not entered into this issue at all and was supported by people (like GBM and FEC who was a game forum mod) who are well known for their wisdom. that ought to give you pause for thought.

Perhaps you have not seen it as bullying because you have not been in the firing line yet? One day your turn may come.

I just take any critism as they are playing a part. So maybe thats why I dont get it? I was told awhile back to assume everything in IC. So that is what I have tried to do. (Though lately I have been having issue trying to discern what is IC and what is OOC - on both sides) So I just take it as IC opposition.

And yeah. I have been catching wind of rumors from time to time. And it is 100% possible im not getting the whole story. All I see is people posting satire Religion posts or Satire news articles in opposition on the satire religon. Then occassionally a little birdie will tell me "this is happening" i have no way to know if that is the case except the birdies have not given me a reason to mistrust them. I have a rule. In RL and on herem i am everyones friend and take everyone at face value until I am given a solid reason not to.

Idk. What to say. I dont know you IRL OOC but Im sure you are a swell bloke. IC I respect you. You havent given me a reason not to.

Personally I am uneasy about State Religon IRL and possibly in RP. I think that is the issue a lot of people are having.

Though I think Flemingovian is an intertesting concept. Or any RP religion for that matter.

There needs to be a happy medium somewhere.

I am not trying to cause you undue stress IC or IRL. I am sorry if this whole thing is causing it. I just dont know. I want to be peacemaker a uniter.

I consider everyone in TNP a friend. Rather a Flemingovian or not. And I just want to find a way where Flemingovians can practice in peace and harmony. And the non believers can do whatever they do in peace and harmony.

Paul Wall, let me be clear the warning was not issued because of the newspaper Roman started and its articles. Nor was it based on legitimate legislative sarcasm.

But it was issued for specific recent instances of abusive posting behavior that continued even after Roman was publicly cautioned about his recent posting behavior. (And for your information, Elu came back and reviewed the numerous threads and agreed with the planned admin action and wrote the message to Roman and delivered it himself.)

If Roman continues the abuse after the 20 percent warning, then admin will review the matter and if warranted in our collective opinion, it will be increased, no differently than we would with any other user.

IMHO, I think all of the other admin have bent over backwards to try and give Roman every opportunity to stop his abusive behavior, but I think we've also have had enough. We are going to follow board policy on warnings, and if Roman continues the way he has been continuing, I would expect admin and moderator concurrence to increases in the warn level, It is all up to Roman at this point.

Thanks for the Admin clarification. I am just a peon and not prvvy to behind the scenes events. So I only see the Public Satire Articles. And I don't feel personally or even if I were looking at is as an outsider the satire articles as abusive. All I have to go by is what I publicly see. Or what little birdies drop by me to see. (Rather true or twisted). So I concede there must be something else besides the satire articles I am not seeing. Because The satire articles I dont read as an issue. It comes acrosd to me as an IC Character thing.

So again thanks for the clarification.

Grosseschnauzer:
Paul Wall, let me be clear the warning was not issued because of the newspaper Roman started and its articles. Nor was it based on legitimate legislative sarcasm.

But it was issued for specific recent instances of abusive posting behavior that continued even after Roman was publicly cautioned about his recent posting behavior. (And for your information, Elu came back and reviewed the numerous threads and agreed with the planned admin action and wrote the message to Roman and delivered it himself.)

If Roman continues the abuse after the 20 percent warning, then admin will review the matter and if warranted in our collective opinion, it will be increased, no differently than we would with any other user.

IMHO, I think all of the other admin have bent over backwards to try and give Roman every opportunity to stop his abusive behavior, but I think we've also have had enough. We are going to follow board policy on warnings, and if Roman continues the way he has been continuing, I would expect admin and moderator concurrence to increases in the warn level, It is all up to Roman at this point.

To be clear, I used a draft that had been prepared by Kiwi for the official mod message to Romanoffia, and tweaked it slightly. I didn't come up with it myself.

I was entirely in agreement with its content, obviously, however.

flemingovia:
OK folks, I have had enough. Roman is gathering support behind the scenes, but rather than seeking to repeal the Flemingovian law, or accepting the democratic vote, Roman is seeking to hound me, and others like Falaptorius and Elgalotir are piling in behind him,.

It's bullying. It has been going on for weeks now. and I have had enough of it.

In five days I go away for a long weekend. If this has not finished by then I will be quitting TNP and, probably, Nationstates altogether. That is how long I can take it.

Please dont say anything like "rise above it". I have been doing that for days now. please don't say "take a brief break". If I am bullied out of this game it will be for good, not just for a short break. I could not bring myself to come back.

Sorry this has been a rambling post, but i am seriously at the end of my tether here.
I was thinking saying something, but I promised to everyone to be civil for obvious reasons.

I am exchanging ideas on how to gather support by presenting arguments in a coordinated fashion. That is legitimate game play. No one is trying to bully you out of the game. We have just arrived at a common platform in support of a Proposal you have yourself submitted to the RA.

If my force of argument and the support of others who agree with my IC position is sufficient to get the State Religion law repealed, then that is the 'will of the RA' as you put it and not a reason for you to request administrative action to alter game play to prevent that part of game play from legitimately occurring.

Note to admins:

I also would like to have the admins take a look at this particular thread: State Religion Repeal.

Notice how this thread in its initial post targets me specifically and that it is my belief, considering the nature of the first post, that it is intended to target me specifically and not the subject of Repeal of State Religion.

You will also notice that I have been nothing but civil in this thread. I, however, appear to be the one being "piled-on". The very wording of the thread's initial post is evidence of that fact.

I would also like to add in my defense that at no point had a bullied or had anything against Fleming himself. I even went as far as sending him a PM stating how none of it was personal, I was just against the state-religion bill and all my efforts will show that I didn't cross those lines.

Roman just happened to be on the same side.

Romanoffia:
I, however, appear to be the one being "piled-on". The very wording of the thread's initial post is evidence of that fact.
Yes, it's certainly "piling on" for a whole lot of people to agree that your behavior is out of line. :shrug:

SillyString:
Romanoffia:
I, however, appear to be the one being "piled-on". The very wording of the thread's initial post is evidence of that fact.
Yes, it's certainly "piling on" for a whole lot of people to agree that your behavior is out of line. :shrug:
That was an unnecessary comment on your part.

And it will not garner any response beyond that.

SillyString:
Romanoffia:
Exactly SS, exactly.

It would be sad to see anyone leave the forums over this.

Romanoffia:
SillyString:
Romanoffia:
That was an unnecessary comment on your part.

And it will not garner any response beyond that.
Unnecessary?

Pot calling the kettle black on that one.

If Flemingovia calls me a "Thug"' one more time, I am going to call him a naughty name.

But seriously, I resent his constant attempts to make everything about me as openly admitted here: http://forum.thenorthpacific.org/single/?p=8148173&t=7209482, and considering the OP of this thread: http://forum.thenorthpacific.org/single/?p=8147916&t=7209482, it is clearly an admission, I believe, to troll me or otherwise attempt to get me to respond in an untowardly way.

I would also like to note Silly String's post here: http://forum.thenorthpacific.org/single/?p=8148270&t=7209716 as evidence of an attempt to demand administrative action for an IC game position in an attempt to thwart legitimate game play; and this: http://forum.thenorthpacific.org/single/?p=8148286&t=7209716 as a clear attempt to troll and an additional personal attack against me that is essentially an intimidation should I not back off on an IC issue, and attempts, once again, a threat of administrative action for opposition to an IC position.

Since being warned, I have done nothing that warrants threats of Administrative action for an IC position, or anything else for that matter, yet I am now getting clear and unveiled threats of such action over an IC issue. And this is all in posts in which Administrators of this forum are mixing threats of OOC administrative action in direct relation to IC positions which are entirely legitimate, and these have now become incessant personal attacks of identical nature that are spreading throughout the forum.

Now, I ask you, who is being the thug?

I am rising above this and suggest others choose to do the same thing before they get hoisted on their own petard.

If admins cannot remove their OOC forum duties from their IC positions and characters. I suggest giving them all Dispensation Por Favor and not just Punk D from IC regional governmental banter ;) my :2c:

Romanoffia:
I would also like to note Silly String's post here: http://forum.thenorthpacific.org/single/?p=8148270&t=7209716 as evidence of an attempt to demand administrative action for an IC game position in an attempt to thwart legitimate game play

If I were deluded enough to demand the admins do anything, I would have the nerve to actually, you know, demand it. :eyeroll:

I was merely pointing out that continuing unacceptable behavior - like, for example, obliquely threatening to violate forum rules - can result in escalating punishments, which can eventually serve as the ultimate solution for that behavior.

PaulWallLibertarian42:
If admins cannot remove their OOC forum duties from their IC positions and characters. I suggest giving them all Dispensation Por Favor and not just Punk D from IC regional governmental banter ;) my :2c:

PWL, exactly what evidence do you have of members of the admin team failing to separate their admin duties from their government roles? Unless you've got something concrete, this is nothing more than insinuation.

It was more of an aside general blanket statement I guess.

I just find it hard to believe it has never been an issue before. I know id probably at one point or another have issue doing OOC work and maintaining an IC position probably. But im still newish to the game and also not an admin. I was it was a what if kind of thing. Maybe if admin operated totally outside of IC RP. Just quietly admined as 3rd party observers. There wouldnt be cause for people to say :they're picking on me for my IC Positions: not that that has actually happened or will happen. I was just talking out of my bum mostly. As most things I say. I type whatever pops in mt head and dont think too much about it.

TNP's admin team has a sterling reputation for conscientiously carrying out their duties regardless of any in-game disagreements. It's rather a point of pride for them, and for the region.

PaulWallLibertarian42:
It was more of an aside general blanket statement I guess.

I just find it hard to believe it has never been an issue before.
You may find it hard to believe, but it has not been an issue before, and it is not an issue now.

At a time like this can I suggest that just typing whatever pops into your head, as you put it, without knowing the facts may not be the wisest course?

Romanoffia:
If Flemingovia calls me a "Thug"' one more time, I am going to call him a naughty name.

But seriously, I resent his constant attempts to make everything about me as openly admitted here: http://forum.thenorthpacific.org/single/?p=8148173&t=7209482, and considering the OP of this thread: http://forum.thenorthpacific.org/single/?p=8147916&t=7209482, it is clearly an admission, I believe, to troll me or otherwise attempt to get me to respond in an untowardly way.

I would also like to note Silly String's post here: http://forum.thenorthpacific.org/single/?p=8148270&t=7209716 as evidence of an attempt to demand administrative action for an IC game position in an attempt to thwart legitimate game play; and this: http://forum.thenorthpacific.org/single/?p=8148286&t=7209716 as a clear attempt to troll and an additional personal attack against me that is essentially an intimidation should I not back off on an IC issue, and attempts, once again, a threat of administrative action for opposition to an IC position.

Since being warned, I have done nothing that warrants threats of Administrative action for an IC position, or anything else for that matter, yet I am now getting clear and unveiled threats of such action over an IC issue. And this is all in posts in which Administrators of this forum are mixing threats of OOC administrative action in direct relation to IC positions which are entirely legitimate, and these have now become incessant personal attacks of identical nature that are spreading throughout the forum.

Now, I ask you, who is being the thug?

I am rising above this and suggest others choose to do the same thing before they get hoisted on their own petard.
He took a bloody long post to tell us he was rising above it, didn't he?

:lol:

I think he plans to take a brief break and rise above it. :P

Seriously Romanoffia, suck it up. You post your complaints and prognostications all over the place about something (TNP religion), then have the temerity to object to being called a bully or a thug in a NS game forum?

Give me a frickin' break.

It's in a NS/TNP context. Aside from the absurdly mild name calling, EVERYTHING aside from the thug would have no objectionable part even if it wasn't in a game context.

And if you think Asta has any power to threaten you with administrative action, you need to back off the paranoia and truly "rise above it."

I'll tell you what, folks. I'll make you an offer you can't refuse. :lol:

4hbl14.jpg

If the Repeal Bill passes in the RA and is signed into Law by the Delegate, I will give you all a vacation, for one week, and not make a peep for one week's time, except to cast votes in the RA (and I will not comment on anything there as long as it has nothing to do with an official state religion in any way, shape or form) and to manage the FSM related threads in the Agora and legitimate business in the Security Council thread or where my presence is legitimately demanded.

Two additional conditions:

1.) Flemingovia must not bug out of the forum for anything not RL related, and

2.) And no one mentions my name in any form or veiled reference for that one week period of time.

Any takers?

And look how low this bully and thug will go. Trying to hold the region to ransom.

Oh, please.

Politics is all about getting what one wants in exchange for something else of value. Where have you been?

We can settle the matter easily this way. Everyone gets what they want. I shut up about State Religion and State Religion gets repealed once and for all.

You have something I and others want, I have something you want. I find this quite an equitable deal and exchange of value for value.

And I'm actually holding Flemingovia for ransom because I think he is basically a good guy whom I would hate to see leave the region because he was so inflexible.

Don't pretend to give a shit about Flemingovia, this region or anything else but yourself. You've already shown that.

Nierr:
Don't pretend to give a shit about Flemingovia, this region or anything else but yourself. You've already shown that.
I've been in NS and TNP longer than you have probably been alive in RL. :P

I actually like Flemingovia and I wish he had properly answered my PM concerning this matter because with proper OOC conversation, this would have turned into a lot of fun instead of demented chess game in which certain people wanted to use their given abilities to knock the chess board on the floor because they were out-played. I've got a whole IRC log that demonstrates my point.

I care about this region, especially when I have IRC logs that show that certain admins are talking about bending the rules to go after one forum member. And that is the factual record.

At any rate, foul language and scatological terms doesn't bolster your argument.

Back