Dispensation, por favor

punk d

TNPer
-
-
Well folks, as I suspected my involvement as a full-time member of the RA has injured my admin abilities. I have always felt a good judge of my strengths and weaknesses. I have no desire for the RA. Some of you may say, "well you post there" and this is true. I have opinions on a great many things, but as a member of the RA I feel obliged to participate and try to contribute - so I speak.

Unfortunately, that doesn't give me enough time or energy for my admin duties with my present work/school/life/interest situation. My interests really lie with being an admin and helping to run this board effectively and not with the gaming side. From time to time, I might be inspired by something interesting but RL is sapping most of my energy.

So I'm asking the 23 people who signed a petition to remove me as admin because I wasn't a member of the RA for dispensation. I have no problem being a "citizen" but I just don't have the energy to be an RA member and admin and I would much rather be an admin. I was doing a pretty good job & I was having fun. I didn't read threads where my non-admin masking didn't allow me, and that was bliss because I had no reason to form opinions on the many goings-on in the region.

I believe in accountability and I believe admins are accountable to the people of the region. I am making this request so that I can get back to being a really good admin and add value where I believe I will be most effective. If I was a younger dude or had the drive for the game I once had, i'm sure i'd be effective at both. That isn't the case, I can only be effective at one. So, what do you say TNP?

Wasn't one of the 23 but I've no problem with it. Hell I didn't have any problem with it in the first place.

I find it hard to believe that maintaining RA membership is such a burden. Abstaining in one voting thread once a month is all it takes.

I think you may have missed what I was saying r3n.

Consider an alcoholic, around drinks that person has a hard time controlling themselves. It's not that for a reasonable person it's not hard, but for an alcoholic it is. For me, I can't not have an opinion on RA matters...and that takes time and energy. While I was not in the RA I had tons more energy and time for other things. I hope that makes better sense.

Nierr:
Wasn't one of the 23 but I've no problem with it. Hell I didn't have any problem with it in the first place.
^this.

And also a big thank you for your honesty and service.

Lennart & Nierr, thank you.

I will also state, that now that Eluvatar has returned to his admin role, I hope the 23 will hold him to the same standard they sought to hold me.

I would just like to say that PunkD has proved to be a real asset to the admin team over the past few months.

A lot of admin stuff is behind the scenes, and so some users may not be aware how active and helpful PunkD has been. in the time he has been admin he has performed some 224 admin tasks plus moderation tasks. That is far more than some other admins - myself for example!

Many of these duties have been the routine grunt work of administration. In addition we have come to value his insight and advise during admin deliberations.

This may not mean much to some, but I thought it needed to be said.

I am opposed to all things which stand a chance of stabilizing TNP, so I continue my protest of having Punk on the admin team.

Yes, I wish more took Mall's approach to things, the world world would be a better and less stable place. hehehe

Who me? It was a joke.

Probably in all seriousness I wouldnt mind some seperation of powers. Forum administration is a whole seperate thing and part of OOC RL internet stuffz. I wouldnt mind if Admins were exempt from participating in IC regional goings including legislative proposals. And just let them OOC Admin and do the admin job.

Maybe it isnt a problem. But with all the latest drama. It is hard to know what is IC and what is OOC and if admins were free to just Admin OOC and sort of 3rd party observers...idk. even though admin hat is supposedly kept seperate from regional happenings. No matter who you are I dont think you can keep both totally seperate. So really I wouldnt mind giving all admins dispensation. But until that is agreed upon. It should be they all participate in the RA or none of them do. *shrugs*

With Elu returning and unless I missed it not a member of the RA - I think I may become a citizen.

:)

Any legislative body isn't the same without a Punk D in its halls.

punk d:
With Elu returning and unless I missed it not a member of the RA - I think I may become a citizen.

:)
Elu is kind of a case by himself. Given the various technical offerings he makes available even when he's halfway across the world for months on end ( <_< ), I think it's safe to say that we would fall flat on our faces if everything of Elu's disappeared on us. :P

As a supporter of the original petition, I think you've done an admirable thing by posting this thread. A lot more things would run a lot more smoothly if people worked toward consensus, and I really appreciate that you've approached us with an open mind and not with hostility. I for one can see that you've listened to our concerns and want to alleviate them - and that you hope we'll understand your own time and energy limits after putting in a genuine effort as an RA member.

So... no objection from me. :)

punk d:
I think you may have missed what I was saying r3n.

Consider an alcoholic, around drinks that person has a hard time controlling themselves. It's not that for a reasonable person it's not hard, but for an alcoholic it is. For me, I can't not have an opinion on RA matters...and that takes time and energy. While I was not in the RA I had tons more energy and time for other things. I hope that makes better sense.
Fair enough. Your original post seemed to say that maintaining membership by itself is an unbearable burden, but I see what you mean now.

For the record, if you recall from when you asked me during the election why I signed the petition, I said that just citizenship would be perfectly fine as far as I am concerned.

Punk D, I've worked with ya in some capacity or other from your early days in TSP through TWP and NSR 'til now, and, even though I've disagreed with ya in almost as many points as I've worked with ya, I've always known ya to throw yourself sincerely and wholeheartedly in almost every endeavor ya've committed yourself to, and I was saddened when ya felt the need to withdraw from the world at large to concentrate on TNP, but, seein' ya here, I hope they realize the same things I have almost a decade later.

flemingovia:
Something worrying is happening. I am getting to like Mall more and more.

I want to have his children.
A perfectly understandable reaction to my natural charm and wit.

Back