Church of The Flying Speghetti Monster

Romanoffia

Garde à l'eau!
No, really. WTF?! :blink:

Church of The Flying Spaghetti Monster

24zgpl1.jpg

Have you been touched by his noodly appendage? :blink:

Democratic Donkeys:
I'm a pretty big fan of Orthodox Iconography, and I appreciate this homage to Christ Pantocrator.

Contrary to what most people think of you, you actually do show signs of actually having a brain at times! :clap: :worship:

God-Emperor:
Ya can call it Christ Pastacrator...

Ah! I see you have been touched by The Flying Spaghetti Monster's noodly appendage!

4h8vgn.jpg

PaulWallLibertarian42:

Hehehehe!

How dare you talk to our PhD-History-Professor-at-several-well-known-Universities in such a manner?

Contrary to what most people think of you, you actually do show signs of actually having a brain at times!
Contrary to what most people think of you, you actually do show signs of actually not being a loony at times! :w00t:

I just see FSM as secular version of Discordianism.

In reality once you get past the satire, FSM was meant as a satirical criticism of teaching Intelligent Design in schools as an alternative to natural selection/evolution(Darwinism)/big bang.

I used to argue and debate philosophy and religion back in the day. And used to love debating my fundamentalist Philosophy of Religion Professor back in college.

But Roman you're about 10 years too late. I was being touched by FSMs noodly appendage and being an avid Pastafarian in 2005.

As a person with religious beliefs I always enjoyed the humor in the FSM satire.

Honestly on a more serious note I don't understand why Science and Religion must be at odds with one another. I always thought Science explained the technical aspect the HOW (Darwinism/big bang) and the flowery philosophical language in religion explained the WHY. I am not a scientist so I only know what I was taught in public school. But I take science at face value at their word of a high probability their theories are mostly right. But as a personal belief I don't feel the big bang just spontaneously occured and we are here out of random chance. I think something of a greater mystical cosmic force had a hand in it's starting. As I said I feel science explains the how it all happened and religion the why. And I don't think Science and ID should be at odds with one another. I feel the big bang and natural selection and evolution help explain the process of how things came into being. And religious text explain in flowery poetic philosophic language the how. I do feel some cosmic universal diety or dieties set things into motion. However I do not take a literally mainstream fundamentalist approach that it happened in a litteral 7 days. Unless the Christian God's 7 day period is billions of human years that is ;) I mean it doesnt say exactly how the process occured just on "X day god did this and it was good." Maybe the big bang and darwinism/natural selection/evolution was the process? You dont know you werent there man!

FSM touched the world with his noodly appendage and it was good.

Democratic Donkeys:
How dare you talk to our PhD-History-Professor-at-several-well-known-Universities in such a manner?

Contrary to what most people think of you, you actually do show signs of actually having a brain at times!
Contrary to what most people think of you, you actually do show signs of actually not being a loony at times! :w00t:
Hey, pal, I work hard at being a loony.

Being a history major, you will appreciate this loony comment I made one time during a lecture on Napoleon.

Student asks me: "How do you think world history would have been different if the assassination attempt by a bomb had actually killed Napoleon?" [the 'Infernal Contraption" bomb plot]

Me: "Well, I suppose that if the bomb plot had actually worked then Napoleon would have gone down in history as Napoleon Blown-apart."

I gave a lecture on Canadian History a couple of months ago at a local university and started the lecture with the line, "Canadian History is rather problematic. There is no real thread to it. In other words, Canada is a nation in search of coherent History. It has no real History in the conventional sense." And the only people who got the joke and thought it was funny were the Canadians in the crowd. It was hysterical (as far as the type of sense of humour historians generally have). :P

Lord Nwahs:
Are you currently still lecturing history? Or have you moved on to other pursuits?
I still lecture History and have a number of books on certain subjects that are published on the matter of History. Some are used as university and college text book at this time.

God-Emperor:
Snare, snare, high hat.
[flash]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9CdVTCDdEwI[/flash]

I just thought of a really whacky idea - 'audible emoticons' that link to a sound effect which is activated by a mouse-over. :lol:

On second though, no. :facepalm: :cheese:

Back