Administrators carry guns

Assumin' the weapons are properly secured durin' the school day, I'm for it.

Yes, let's bring weapons into the school. That's the right idea.

You really think any of these shootings would have been prevented if someone had a shotgun in the head office? I rather doubt it.

God-Emperor:
Assumin' the weapons are properly secured durin' the school day, I'm for it.
And what will secured weapons be able to do when some criminal idiot with a gun comes in and finds unarmed victims to duck-shoot?

On that note, I would like to mention that the administrators at the school who choose to carry sidearms should be well trained on the proper use of such weapons.

I have a CCW (Concealed Carry Weapon) permit. I had to pass a background check and take a very well designed course in order to get the permit which I had to pay a lot of money for. Hell of a thing, paying money to exercise one's right to bear arms and self defence. Go figure.

I can also list a number of incidents in which my life and the lives of others were saved by the fact that I had a weapon on me. Had I not had a CCW permit, there would have been a lot of dead unarmed victims.

But then again, most professors at colleges are flacid touchy-feely types who would rather get a bullet in the head while trying to 'understand' a gun wielding maniac hell-bent on murder than to actually grow a pair and stop a criminal shooter in his tracks before he can kill. :P

Never had a gun, never seen a gun, never needed a gun. Somehow me and my loved ones have survived unscathed. Of course we don't live in some violent backwater.

Ya don't havta live in a violent backwater to need a gun. Ya can live in most major cities in the United States or most third world countries. Most people are quick to point out that most first and second world countries are excluded from the need for guns in their country, but most first world countries have lived throughout modern times without a serious need for weapons, and most citizens in second world countries have been killed by state sponsored violence which possibly could have been avoided by a right to bear arms which has always been denied them.

Some cops, who have more training and experience, don't properly react to a shoot-don't-shoot situation. So I, for sure, wouldn't trust teachers who only have a 16 hour training course to react properly. If anything it could result in more injuries or deaths during a school shooting rampage. I'd rather have armed policemen or security at every school than train teachers to carry a gun.

I think administrators SHOULD carry guns, definitely.

that way instead of raising the warn level we could just shoot the b*s*a*ds.

Back