Finding Justice

So it is time for a special election of a new Justice! The secret bullying ten percent, led by our God Flemingovia, has successfully brought down Justice Romanoffia because he would not immediately convict JAL, or something. With that resignation-before-removal, we're in election season with a slate of candidates I wish I had anything much to say about. :)

Oddly enough, Romanoffia is on the ballot. As if to prove some point that is apparent only to him...

Nierr, aka Madjack, is the strongest contender, as he called "dibs" long before any of the other potential candidates. I would enjoy his presence on the bench because he actually fact-checked a list of quotes Romanoffia posted to support some point in a long post (sorry, couldn't read the whole thing, my brain was overheating, working on getting that fixed). If Nierr has the energy to do that, then I think he could definitely look up laws and check to make sure they are real, which would be a marked improvement.

Our favorite illegal RA member is making a run for the seat, but he won't get it. Need I say more?

Punk D. Heh.

PaulWall42 is running. Basically a Romanoffia fanboy, so there's that... :unsure:

And lastly is Lajikstan. I appreciate his confidence, and hope he will win office in the future. But some friendly advice, you don't want your first office to be as a Justice, that just sets you up for long term political failure.

What else?

Who else is upset by basically being slapped in the face (figuratively) with the paucity of campaign promises in these threads? That really irks me. These threads are so poor you don't even have two paragraphs to rub together. Tell me how you're going to do the best ever at Justicing!

I will be the best ever at justicing because I am dibs anointed.

The only difference is im not obsessed with cheese, have no real life judging experience unless you count judging peoples outward appearances. And I dunno. I wouldnt let things get to me too badly. I would like to see some reform and going to the court of TNP to be a little less this:

prepare_to_be_sued_in_internet_court_trollcat.png

And a little more this:
judge-judy-zip-it.jpg

I realize this is not a campaign thread. I just felt the commentary on my candidacy was a bit lacking. Thx.

As far as being paucitic or insufficent. No one has really asked me any questions or commented in my thread. I didnt want to just be rambling incoherently to myself. But I saw flems comment there and made an attempt to tell you how I will be super awesome at Justicing. If you'd like to read.

Democratic Donkeys...Looking for Justice in all the wrong places. :lol:

Face it, nothing is going to change because in TNP, you can't get anyone to agree on which direction is up and which direction is down without someone's bladder and colon exploding all over the place.

Anyone seeking Change, Justice, or Reform will be beat to a pulp for attempting to do so. It's TRADITION!

Give up your Quest for Justice or you will ultimately get an ulcer or at least severe case of bleeding hemorrhoids for your efforts. :lol:

[bgcolor=#000]

Welcome to The System.

Abandon all hope ye who enter here.

(If you have already abandoned all hope,
Then please disregard this notice.)

Romanoffia:
[bgcolor=#000]

Welcome to The System.

Abandon all hope ye who enter here.

(If you have already abandoned all hope,
Then please disregard this notice.)

[/bgcolor]

I heard the system is down.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TmpRs7xN06Q

I'm not taking this election too seriously anyway, because just what the heck can happen in a half-month term? Remember the time Leekem was Justice?

PaulWallLibertarian42:
No i dont. I wasnt there. What did lekeem do? I havent seen him much. He should have tossed his hat into the fray. Id vote for him.
Nothing!

(At least I think he did nothing. People who worked with him can feel free to correct me on that one)

Lajikstan:
I want to know what you think the best position to be elected to first would be?
Justice is one of those positions where no matter what you do people will be unhappy. I don't think it necessarily sets you up for political failure though - unless you have an explosion or leave without notice! :P

Elected positions - Vice Delegate, Speaker possibly. Vice Delegate might be hard for a newcomer but if you make a good impression in the region it's definitely possible.

There are appointed positions in the executive and some deputy positions in the Attorney General's office and in the Speakers office. Those would be a good place to start I think!

mcmasterdonia:
Vice Delegate might be hard for a newcomer but if you make a good impression in the region it's definitely possible.
Case in point, McMasterdonia and Abacathea.

You geniuses, you.

mcmasterdonia:
Lajikstan:
I want to know what you think the best position to be elected to first would be?
Justice is one of those positions where no matter what you do people will be unhappy. I don't think it necessarily sets you up for political failure though - unless you have an explosion or leave without notice! :P

Elected positions - Vice Delegate, Speaker possibly. Vice Delegate might be hard for a newcomer but if you make a good impression in the region it's definitely possible.

There are appointed positions in the executive and some deputy positions in the Attorney General's office and in the Speakers office. Those would be a good place to start I think!
Personally, I think Deputy Speaker is an excellent place for anyone to start out. But then, I might be biased. :P

Looks like we're headed for a run-off, and a very very short term as Justice for whoever wins either way.

HERP DERP CONGRATS KIWI. HAVE FUN.

#mostuselesselectionever

Back