TNP Nation
Olvern
Discord
lordnwahs
moce-seal.png
The Ministry of Culture and Entertainment presents​
Regional Identity Crisis​
Nominations for Regional Animal​

Hear ye, hear ye! What be your favourite animal? Is it one of the nautical beasts of legend? Is it a great bird soaring in the clear blue skies? Or is it one of those pests that sent the health authorities after the Thai restaurant just opposite the Regional Assembly Building?

Whatever it may be, the Ministry of Culture is looking for a Regional Animal! Unleash your favourite animals ((bad) pun intended) and may the best animal win!

Nominations begin now and end on the 1st of August, 2014, 0700 UTC. Only nominations posted on this thread will count. Once again, each nation (puppets don't count) can only nominate once.

HOLY FISHCAKES SHAWN YOU RUINED EVERYTHING

And just since I feel like it I'm going to nominate the obvious one...

A McMasterdonian Lion!

The Republic of Nonscensical nominates it's own state animal, the One-eyed, One-horned Flying Purple People Eater!

r3naissanc3r:
I nominate two species of wolf, the blue wolf and the evil wolf.

I also nominate the turtle.
What part of nominate once do you not understand, Mr Delegate :(

OK, I need to watch "contact" again

I don't want to make the poll look like a detailed catalogue instead of a list but I think the logical choice for a region like TNP should be a sea creature... And as we love wolves and lions, Sea Wolves and Sea Lions would be just right. But in English you seem to give both names to the same animal... Or maybe not, I don't really know, I'm not a biologist and they all look like freaking seals to me.

Long story short; if I can nominate two animals, then: Sea Wolf and Sea Lion, if I can't I'd go with Sea Lion that sounds more McMasterdonian and more British too.

Lennart:

I don't want to make the poll look like a detailed catalogue instead of a list but I think the logical choice for a region like TNP should be a sea creature... And as we love wolves and lions, Sea Wolves and Sea Lions would be just right. But in English you seem to give both names to the same animal... Or maybe not, I don't really know, I'm not a biologist and they all look like freaking seals to me.

Long story short; if I can nominate two animals, then: Sea Wolf and Sea Lion, if I can't I'd go with Sea Lion that sounds more McMasterdonian and more British too.
Sea Lion it is.

I'm not even sure if a Sea Wolf is a thing, it's literally the first time I've heard of something called a Sea Wolf. When I googled it, all ll I can find is some indie band in California, and... the Seawolf-class submarines in the USN. Huh.

I think I will have to compress nominations for similar species (the various wolves for example) into a single one. Regional polls can only have up to 12 choices, and we're already at 17.

r3naissanc3r:
I think I will have to compress nominations for similar species (the various wolves for example) into a single one. Regional polls can only have up to 12 choices, and we're already at 17.
Well that's a good point. We may just have to end this sooner than I initially thought I would have to.

The alternative is to have two rounds of polling. A qualifying first round of two polls, lasting 1 day each. The top-6 choices in each of these polls move to the second and final round, which has one poll lasting for the standard 3 days.

Goodness, this one has had a lot of nominations! If you guys decide to have two qualifying rounds, I'll add a nomination: the orca. If you guys decide not to have qualifying rounds, you can ignore my nomination.

r3naissanc3r:
The alternative is to have two rounds of polling. A qualifying first round of two polls, lasting 1 day each. The top-6 choices in each of these polls move to the second and final round, which has one poll lasting for the standard 3 days.
I think we'll go with that.

I nominate the tardigrade, or "water bear" for it's survival skills and the mouth that looks like a camera.

Lord Nwahs:
Lennart:

Sea Lion it is.

I'm not even sure if a Sea Wolf is a thing, it's literally the first time I've heard of something called a Sea Wolf. When I googled it, all ll I can find is some indie band in California, and... the Seawolf-class submarines in the USN. Huh.
Well if it doesn't exist then it's even better.

But yeah, Sea Lion wins this time, I guess.

Nominations have closed.

The first round of voting is now underway. This round will have two polls, each with 10 options and lasting for one day. The top six options in each poll will qualify to the second round. The second round will have a single poll of 12 options, lasting for three days. The winner of the second poll will be declared the official regional animal.

Back