TNP Nation
Olvern
Discord
lordnwahs
moce-seal.png
The Ministry of Culture and Entertainment presents​
Regional Identity Crisis​
Nominations for Regional Book​

We all like reading a good book. Be it a novel illustrating the miseries and the joys of the human condition, or the enlightening dialogues of great men and great minds, or the instruction manual for the washing machine, man has come to rely on books to be informed, to be educated, and to be entertained.

Now, the Cultural Minstry calls upon everyone to choose a book, so wonderful and so great, it can only be Regional Book of The North Pacific.

Nominations begin now and end on the 23rd of June, 2014, 1600 UTC. Only nominations posted on this thread will count. Once again, each nation (puppets don't count) can only nominate once.

Current List:
Harry Potter (Series) - J. K. Rowling
24/7 - Jim Brown
The Book Thief - Markus Zusak
Atlas Shrugged - Ayn Rand
The Book of Flemingovia - Flemingovia
Catcher in the Rye - J. D. Salinger
2001: A Space Oddysey - Arthur C. Clarke
The Stranger - Albert Camus
Go the F*** to Sleep - Adam Mansbach
The Little Prince - Antoine de Saint-Exupéry
Northern Lights - Philip Pullman
Jennifer Government - Max Barry
Awoken - Serra Elinsen
Rainbow Six - Tom Clancy
EndWar - Tom Clancy
The Alchemist -Paulo Cohello
Coup d'etat: A Practical Handbook - Edward Luttwak
Composting for Dummies - Cathy Cromell and the National Gardening Association

24/7 by Jim Brown, about a Big Brother-like TV series set on an island that goes horribly wrong.

I'm going to say Atlas Shrugged, not because it has any merit to it, but because Romanoffia has been going on about it for a while now and I wouldn't want him to think he is banging his head against a brick wall.

:headbang:

Like that!

I had some other ideas but they are all either less popular than HP or less relevant than AS.

Twilight Series? In all seriousness, Catch-22 is my favorite book. Got a couple catch-22s in NS so why not

Egalotir:
Twilight Series? In all seriousness, Catch-22 is my favorite book. Got a couple catch-22s in NS so why not
So is that the Twilight Series or Catch-22? :P

Romanoffia:
Belschaft:
The Stranger by Camus.
Oh, yeah!

I have new respect for you after seeing you nominate this particular book! :clap:
Had you not noticed what - ot rather who - my avatar is?

The Stranger is my favourite book, depressing though it may be. I identify with Meursault, and recognize in him myself.

...and Northern Lights is by an author called Philip Pullman.

No relation to Bill Pullman, but makes it easier to remember.

Chasmanthe:
...and Northern Lights is by an author called Philip Pullman.

No relation to Bill Pullman, but makes it easier to remember.
I sort of figured out that you were talking about that book, but the Wiki claims there are more novels called "Northern Lights" by different people and I don't really want to assume stuff.

The Alchemist by Paulo Cohello, probably my favourite author. Read many of his books now (relatively).

r3naissanc3r:
Looks like we'll have to use a qualifying round for this as well.
Preferably 2 rounds of Top 3 this time, doesn't seem to be that many stuff going on.

Lots of people can't read dates. Nominations has ended about 8 hours ago :P

Thanks Giancarlo, I'll add Aowu's nomination.

Back