Map Claims Thread

New Haven:
Helgraf:
actually alunya after i sent the message new haven america kinda offered co ownership of the port so that doesnt matter anymore also catnip is not illegal here.
The name of the port stays btw. (I happen to like the name *Nod*)
Okay, I'll leave it as is then. I like the name too, but the credit goes to you.

Konoha:
Thanks Alunya for information.Wow I don't know in my country I have catfish.
You don't have to have catfish -- it is your country after all!

>^,,^<
Alunya

I would like the spot on the big island around the small rivers that join together and flow into the ocean.

The reason for being that Tourism is Tenebritia's leading industry. Therefore, it makes sense that she would have a port city with easy access to the ocean, at least by navigable river, to allow for not only immigration but also tourists from cruise lines. And in fact, we do have a port city: Mizuno City, home of the Tenebritian Football League's Sailor Scouts.

(It should also be noted that with a population as of this posting of 99 million people, Tenebritia is large enough to have at least 8 major citiies. Please take that into consideration when defining claim size.)

shadowbird712:
I would like the spot on the big island around the small rivers that join together and flow into the ocean.

The reason for being that Tourism is Tenebritia's leading industry. Therefore, it makes sense that she would have a port city with easy access to the ocean, at least by navigable river, to allow for not only immigration but also tourists from cruise lines. And in fact, we do have a port city: Mizuno City, home of the Tenebritian Football League's Sailor Scouts.

(It should also be noted that with a population as of this posting of 99 million people, Tenebritia is large enough to have at least 8 major citiies. Please take that into consideration when defining claim size.)
Tenebritia, I'm not quite sure where your claim is located. Could you look at the Political Map and specify your claim in relation to some of the nations already extant?

I don't consider claim sizes on in-game population. Some of the oldest nations in existence in-game have populations three times greater than that on the entire planet earth. The in-game mechanics are not realistic in terms of population size and growth rates. I do try and be fair with sizes, but there has been more creep towards larger sizes in players' demands for larger territories or additional territories. At some point I'll have to rein those tendencies in, but I'm more inclined to get folks placed first to add to the overall sense of community. Just be reasonable in your claim!

The Spokesman of Eumenor:
Alunya, sorry to bother you again, but how would I realistically go about counting pixels?
I'll see if I can come up with a rough approximation first, and, time permitting, a detailed count later. Keep in mind that you'll find ridiculously high densities in the long run. Unless you want your own planet, that is...

>^,,^<
Alunya

Okay, looking at the updated map, it seems that the spot I'd initially wanted is taken. So instead, I would like the strip of land around the river that is southeast of Legington. If I had to estimate, I'd say the strip should be about 150 pixels wide and 300 high.

Something akin to Gambia, yes, but a bit wider. Stretching a bit into the mountains on the big island near that river. About half as wide as it would be long, if possible.

Could I have a part of the southernmost island?Any part, preferably including that small western peninsula, but really any part.

Name:The United Federation of Alamo

Thanks.

New Map

shadowbird712:
Something akin to Gambia, yes, but a bit wider. Stretching a bit into the mountains on the big island near that river. About half as wide as it would be long, if possible.
Done!

mralexgamingstrategy:
Could I have a part of the southernmost island?Any part, preferably including that small western peninsula, but really any part.

Name:The United Federation of Alamo

Thanks.
Done!

Eumenor; I haven't forgotten the pixel count -- it isn't as easy to do as I initially thought, so it may take me a while.

>^,,^<
Alunya

Alunya:
fullMETAL:
Thanks Alunya! Is there a way I can get a vector of my little chunk of the North Pacific dream?
In short, no. You are welcome to do your own vector graphics. I can supply an enlarged pixel image of your nation if you wish.
Alunya
Yes, I would like that very much. Thanks!

(just posting this again so Alunya can see it)

On second thoughts could i expand territory to include the third river - extending from the fork to the coast?

Hi there, Alunya, I love the new map and updates! Can I have some land?

And if I can, can I choose the shape (it would be a small island)?

Thanks in advance

The Spokesman of Eumenor:
I was going to say, Alunya, counting pixels sounds like a gargantuan task! If you don't have time, please don't worry. Thanks, though!
I'm a bit busy at the moment, so I really do appreciate your willingness to let me pass on this one. I reserve the right to revisit it and do it later, however.

fullMETAL:
Alunya:
fullMETAL:
Thanks Alunya! Is there a way I can get a vector of my little chunk of the North Pacific dream?
In short, no. You are welcome to do your own vector graphics. I can supply an enlarged pixel image of your nation if you wish.
Alunya
Yes, I would like that very much. Thanks!

(just posting this again so Alunya can see it)
I haven't forgotten this. The Skoggkat Canal made it a bit more complicated, but following any territorial claims, this will be the next immediate project.

Leadan:
On second thoughts could i expand territory to include the third river - extending from the fork to the coast?
Your claim is noted, including the expansion. Expect to see it online late Monday, Sept. 22nd.

Lennart:
Hi there, Alunya, I love the new map and updates! Can I have some land?

And if I can, can I choose the shape (it would be a small island)?

Thanks in advance
Unless you specify otherwise, I shall use the map on your factbook, sans the descriptive titles. Your green area will encompass the land; I shall use its outer edges for mudflats and beach sands in conformance with the TNP map. As it is an island, I can easily move it if you do not like its location -- but bear in mind that there is a tectonic map, which I shall be trying to avoid for you. I don't recall Avalon having volcanoes and being racked with earthquakes. Expect this also late Monday.

Merconitonitopia:
Oh nice, a new map. Put me next to Olvey and LL. Make my nation fairly big (we are an empire, after all), but not ridiculously big.
Why does everyone seem to think size matters? I'll do what I can (it'll be fairly big), within reason, and I've got your location in mind. I'll look to your flag for colors (I usually do). Again, expect this late Monday.

Oh, and I'm supposed to put some sort of badge somewhere in my signature now. I'll do this after I finish the map claims mentioned above.

>^,,^<
Alunya
(Just a cat.)

Thank you for the early response, Alunya!

Yes, I want that shape you can find on my Factbook, no big deal if it's not 100% the same. The size should be smaller than Malvad and as you've done a good job with the outer edges and sands for everyone I guess Avalon will look amazing too ^^.

The location is not so important, but I first thought it would be fine to be south-southwest, like near our friendly nation Archegnum, but I get the tectonic stuff, and yeah, Avalon should have a peaceful nature and geology. Wherever you decide will be fine.

Thank you again!

Sorry, but could i also get the territory that stretches as far east as the eastern tip of the mountain range, as far north as the border with san martin de porres and as far south as the coast and as far west as my current border?

Pretty please?

Thanks in advance.

mralexgamingstrategy

mralexgamingstrategy:
Sorry, but could i also get the territory that stretches as far east as the eastern tip of the mountain range, as far north as the border with san martin de porres and as far south as the coast and as far west as my current border?

Pretty please?

Thanks in advance.

mralexgamingstrategy
That is an awful lot of territory! How about a counter-offer?

I've noticed that your factbook entry about your flag says, "The blue represents the sea, which was very important in the first days of our nation due to the fact we had a strong navy and our waters contained many fish, which represented the main course in many coastal cities during The Embargo of 1743 and the subsequent famine."

Ignoring for the moment that Queen Valeria of the Kingdom of Alunya ordered the Royal Alunyan Navy to assist in blockading your ports in 1743, it seems that the treaty which ended that tragic conflict left you still in possession of territories across the straits to your northwest.

That is, would you find it acceptable to take a portion about half your current size directly opposite you on the northwest, and furthermore a very small port (like a Gibraltar) directly north? This would give you three (3) ways for your powerful navy to patrol a vital waterway.

More importantly, it gives additional borders for you to interact with other nations. (It also gives others a greater opportunity to interact with you -- a two-way street, so to speak). Large contiguous territories tend to mitigate against this unless everyone of your neighbors is small. I really don't want two large neighbors against each other if I can help it.

Is this okay with you?

>^,,^<
Alunya

I don't mind taking up more land. Basically the "uncolonised" land between Olvern, Zombie Bikers and Merconitonitopia.

New Map

mralexcamingstrategy (United Federation of Alamo), you now have territories to your northwest and north.

Lord Nwahs (Olvern), you got almost all that territory. I left a small microstate, like a Liechtenstein, to your east, so you can have a fourth neighbor.

plembobria (Kingdom of Plembobria), you are situated between Axeia and Flutiestan.

Kire:
Just noticed that Olvern is the only country in the map who doesn't have sea. Poor Olvern :(
Yes, but he had asked to be land-locked. And no one would say the Swiss are insignificant as world players; Olvern is highly respected.

fullMETAL (Adovion), I've sent your personal maps to you by personal message (PM). They are raw terrain maps with national boundaries in black, sizes 370 x 360 pixels and 740 x 720 pixels. Have fun!

>^,,^<
Alunya

New Haven:
Alunya:
New Map

Nasania, you now are on both sides of the river with land extending north to a small west-to-east ridge of mountains (not shown), a small archipelago off your east coast (shown), and an island dependency south of you in the seas between Gladio and Conoha (also shown). Good luck defending the latter!

Axeia, I think the new location is more what you were seeking. It was difficult to make this particular correction, so this is where you are going to be unless you can find a new player to adopt your territory in exchange for a location to be named later. It is far easier to erase a name than a nation. You had better have some interesting cat species in Axeia!

Conoha, you are now on a new continent, between Franconia and Gladio, per your request. You also have Nasania as a neighbor both to your northeast and southeast (offshore).

I am aware that the Kingdom of Airella, our westernmost nation, ceased to exist on Friday, July 25th, 2014. If s/he does not resurrect by Sept. 25th, and I still happen to be map-making, I intend to remove him or her from the map at that time.

>^,,^<
Alunya
If Airella doesn't come back could I get a chunk of the area they currently have?(Preferably an area stretching from east to west, with a coast on both sides). Please and Thank you.

Though if I don't get it I completely understand. :yes:
And seeing how today is the 26th, may I now get part of Airella's old claim?

Please and thank you.

hmmm now that airella is gone can i also get part of the old territory?not the rest of it but a bit of it and enough for another nation.If thats ok Alunya

Kire:
Just noticed that Olvern is the only country in the map who doesn't have sea. Poor Olvern :(
We do have river access and some damn-fine military-grade patrol boats over the River Olvern.

New Haven:
And seeing how today is the 26th, may I now get part of Airella's old claim?

Please and thank you.
Helgraf:
hmmm now that airella is gone can i also get part of the old territory?not the rest of it but a bit of it and enough for another nation.If thats ok Alunya
New Haven (New Haven America), you already have three (3) territories on three (3) other continents plus the canal zone around part of the Skoggkat Canal and Port Kosen Gira. Through that canal you have access to the sea both east and west.

Helgraf (Norway XXVIII), your nation is large enough.

I'm going to reserve Airella's former territory for new additions to the map instead of additional claims by current occupants. I figure I can put two, maybe three, nations in that space, which was rather large to begin with.

Additional territories ought to add some interest to possible role-playing scenarios. Enclaves, exclaves, tiny colonies, a negotiated spaceport, canal zones, a strategic Gibraltar, a demilitarized zone patrolled by a neutral, or a joint jurisdiction like Andorra (real life) or The Democratic Union (The North Pacific) are some examples of interesting territories. None are large; claiming a Belgian Congo-size territory for resources, especially as the map will later fill out, isn't quite so appropriate anymore. Please be mindful of this when asking for more territory, and understand that your request may not be met.

>^,,^<
Alunya

Alright, in the interest of a couple tiny colonies near other nations to hopefully be interesting territories, could I have that little island north of Archegnum's southern part there? The tiny unclaimed island next to Aurora Orb, and the little island of the SW coast of Demescia?

Hello! I would like to request this swath of land.

j7qclu.png

Would it be possible to get size statistics? (square kilometers and the like) I would also like to know what the elevation increments are in the physical map are, if at all possible.

Thank you for your time.

New Map

Important Notice:
Nonsensecial has Ceased-To-Exist (CTE'd) on Thursday, August 21, 2014 and shall be removed from the map on Tuesday, October 21, 2014 if they do not return to The North Pacific.

Oqoyscana has Ceased-To-Exist (CTE'd) on Saturday, September 13, 2014 and shall be removed from the map on Thursday, November 13, 2014 if they do not return to The North Pacific.

Yrkidding:
Alright, in the interest of a couple tiny colonies near other nations to hopefully be interesting territories, could I have that little island north of Archegnum's southern part there? The tiny unclaimed island next to Aurora Orb, and the little island of the SW coast of Demescia?
Done, though only the island off of Demescia is an actual island. I count the mud flats and sand as land. I've added borders to delineate your territory from theirs except where an island is involved.

Scandigrad:
Hello! I would like to request this swath of land.

j7qclu.png

Would it be possible to get size statistics? (square kilometers and the like) I would also like to know what the elevation increments are in the physical map are, if at all possible.

Thank you for your time.
Done. The scale is four square kilometers per pixel, or a pixel is 2 kilometers by 2 kilometers. Gradient shading is merely representative of more steeply rising terrain. As such, the peaks of some white-colored areas may be lower in elevation than green terrain located elsewhere which can rise gradually to great heights. This is an equal area projection centered around the coordinates (2500, 2500) and is not to be used for navigation because it does not accurately convey directions, distances or elevations.

Perhaps more importantly, I'm trying to avoid specifying elevations, latitudes and climatic zones to allow each player the greatest possible freedom in determining their own environment. The map is probably best suited to giving one an idea as to who the neighbors are. I hope that helps!

>^,,^<
Alunya

Back