NOMINATIONS: SPECIAL ELECTION FOR JUSTICE

Abacathea

TNPer
ec-seal.png

The North Pacific will be electing a Court Justice, to serve until the next election beginning in July. Any Regional Assembly Member is eligible to run.

To run, one must either accept a nomination or simply declare candidacy in this topic. Nominations, acceptances of nominations, and declarations of candidacy must be posted in this topic to be valid. Acceptance of a nomination is understood to also constitute declaration of candidacy (you cannot take someone off the ballot by removing your nomination of them at the last minute). This allows for transparency and clear record keeping. All nominations, declarations of candidacy, or acceptances of nomination are legally required to be posted during the nomination period, which is from 12:45 June 5th until 12:45 June 10th.

This topic is intended for nominations and may not be used for campaigning. Please keep in mind that lying about the election is election fraud, and that lying for any purpose is fraud.

Eligible to be nominated: All Regional Assembly members.

Justice

Accepted
Lajikstan
Treize_Dreizehn
Neirr
Blue Wolf II
PunkD
Kiwi
Romanoffia
PaulWallLibertarian42

Nominated
Former English Colony

Declined
Flemingovia
Mall
Gracius Maximus
Grosseschnauzer

I thank Romanoffia for the confidence he places in me, and the endorsement implicit in his nomination, but I decline the nomination.

I'd like to retract my acceptance of my nomination and second the nominations of Treize and Nierr.

Mall:
... I nominate Romanoffia.
Ahaha!

Somehow I expected you do do that! :lol:

And you know what? Just to be a pain in the arse and to cause a series of run-offs...

WTF.

I Accept the nomination!

You know, just to be a schmuck.

I have carefully considered the nomination for the special election, and I have thought seriously of accepting. But what could be accomplished for a two week term (which is will be by the time voting ends with the regular judicial elections coming at the start of July.)
It is something I have to consider given my prior service on the Court, four terms, including being the founding Chief Justice of the Court. I have decided however that if I am to provide anything meaningful and legitimate, both of which of necessary at this stage of the Court's existence, two weeks is not enough time.
Therefore, I will not be a candidate in the special election. However, I have not ruled out standing for election to a full term in the elections coming in July because some reforms are needed to simplify some aspects of court procedure, and to put real teeth into place into the Court rules to address the issue of decorum in court trials. I believe that I have something to contribute where updating the rules are concerned, and now that there has been more experience with a trial process than there was at the time of my last term on the Court, it should be possible to make theo rules more practical and effective so that trials take place expeditiously.
So this isn't the last word from me. Stay tuned.

Back