Welcome to the Newsroom!

Discord
COE#7110
Welcome! You are viewing this forum because you are a member of the Communications team, responsible for writing and publishing the newspaper of The North Pacific. The Wire is going away, and being replaced by something much more awesome, which will be unveiled with the first issue, which will hopefully come out this weekend. While the branding of the new newspaper will remain secret until then, I am happy to share some of my vision for the Ministry of Communications with you:

In addition to myself and my deputy, I am aiming to have 10 staff writers: 4 reporters (who report on events that happen within TNP), 4 correspondents (who write about global events that may concern TNP), and 2 columnists (who write opinion pieces). Six of those positions have already been filled.

Each of these staff writers (with the exception of columnists) is assigned to a specific content area (e.g. judicial reporting or WA events) and will be expected to write approximately 1 article/week, of no more than 400 words. Long articles are impressive, but no one ever reads them. Short and interesting are the watchwords of this paper. Also, you are not responsible for writing headlines for your own articles. That's traditionally an editor's responsibility. You may suggest one if you wish, but realize that it may change before publication. Once again, columnists are an exception to that.

We will be publishing to primarily a non-TNP audience, through our embassies, the NS dispatch system, and the Gameplay forum. Articles written by reporters and correspondents should be factual, and written from a global perspective. TNP is a very interesting place (if you know what I mean) and we want to share that with the world!

There will be no public publication schedule. We will publish an issue when I feel like we have a good collection of material for one. I hope to publish at least twice a month, but that is a target, and not a system of deadlines.

This paper is the property and the voice of the TNP government. That means that unless you're writing an opinion article (which, if you are a reporter or a correspondent, you may only do if your factual reporting is on schedule) you will need to make sure that your reporting consists entirely of facts and meaningful analysis, not conjecture, opinion, or speculation. This isn't The Rejected Times, ya'll. The delegate himself will be taking responsibility for everything you publish - everything you write will be considered the official stance of the TNP government. That means that the delegate will need to approve your articles before publication, because you say something diplomatically stupid it's his neck on the line.

That being said, your name will be on every article you write. Once again, this isn't The Rejected Times - we expect you to stand by your own words.

I've spoken with most of you about when I would like to see your first article. For most of you, it's May 17th. When you're ready to submit, post your article in The Editor's Desk forum, located within the Communications forum. Once it's posted, keep checking that thread - there is a very high chance that I will be giving you helpful feedback, and or recommendations for revising your article. Don't take offense if I tell you to change something. Part of the point of this whole project is to help us all become better writers.

Please post in this thread to introduce yourself to your colleagues and say a bit about what your role in this project will be. Let's write a paper, people.

Boo. I'll be writing articles on the Court when I get the chance, mainly after June 10th after my university term ends. I believe I'm to be sharing this role with someone else, COE?

I guess I should point out that I'm a former Justice, Chief Justice and Attorney General and know far more than I should about how our Courts operate...

Correct, but you won't so much be *sharing* it - we'll simply have two Judicial Reporters will less strict submission guidelines. The second judicial reporter is one of the ones that I haven't filled yet, by the way.

Im PWL42. N00bish yet ambitious. I generally like to write satire articles about evil government corruption and occassionally post updates for my Nations LNN (Liberty News Network) Coe has asked me to write FACTUAL articles about the happenings of the GCR-Region side and RMB. I am a Frequent RMB poster, Rules Lawyer, Pest, RA Arguing son of a gun. Currently I am serving as Deputy Speaker of the Regional Assembly under the great Zyvetskistaahn, a former Election Commissioner of the May 2014 General Elections, and a Newly promoted Corporal in the Service of the NPA. I am also president of the Rand Paul Fan club and enjoy long walks on the beach by the moonlight.

Nice to meet y'all. :)

I'm McMasterdonia. Introducing myself because I was asked to ;)

I will be on the editing team and I am very excited to see this venture move forward. I am delighted to be working with such an excellent team.

Hey all, I'm in this thing too. I'll be doing legislative affairs reporting, as well as an advice column if there's enough interest in it. I'll also be doing all of the graphic design work for this shindig. ^_^

I'm r3n. I will be editing your articles, and will be contributing some myself, primarily on diplomacy.

We have a great team here. I am looking forward to the results of our collaboration!

Oh, oh! I should probably chime in too. I've been asked to report on the happenings of the NPA as well as any pertinent global military shenanigans.

Oh... and I be Kiwi :)

Hello, I too will be writing stuff and things, mostly opinion bits.

On a side note, I find all of COE's choices to be both shallow and pedantic.*

*LOL, I R G00D RIGHTR, I US BIGEST WOORDS.

I'll be here reporting on foreign affairs events across NationStates. ;)

Hello everyone!
I will be here working as a Game-side Correspondent.
Looking forward to working with everyone.

~Tomb

Charles Kensington:
Hi, just looking to help where I can. Would prefer to cover military actions around NS, or as a columist

Here is a link to my last piece of work - http://pastebin.com/XT3MMP8w
Hey Charles Kensington! Welcome to the Ministry of Communications! I hope to work with you soon on the next edition and I will find a good military article for you!

Back