[CRIMINAL] COMPLAINT by: PaulWallLibertarian42

Name of Complainant: PaulWallLibertarian42 / The Democratic States of LibertarianLand

Name(s) of Accused: nassckonia
/
quesnelia

Date(s) of Alleged Offense(s): May 9th, 2014

Specific Offense(s): Fraud

RelevantExcerpts from Legal Code or other Laws: 12. "Fraud" is defined as an intentional deception, by falsehood or omission, made for some benefit or to damage another individual. *Emphasis mine

Summary of Events (What happened, in your own words):
About 3 days ago a nation by the name of nassckonia came on the Regional Message board of The North Pacific claiming they were running as Delegate of TNP and for Nations to endorse them, as a Citizen in good standing, a member and Deputy Speaker of the Regional Assembly and powers vested in me by being appointed a Co Election Commissioner during the May 2014 General Elections I took it upon myself to inform this nation that in order to run for delegate he must have been a member of the RA and declared candidacy during the nominations period, but I applauded his enthusiam and encouraged him/her to get involved in the local regional government and try again next election.

The nation then Telegramed me asking how they could run for delegate. On the persumption they were new to the region and interrested in regional politics. I explained the process and again invited them to get involved for next time.

Subsequent to that I saw McMasterdonia had posted on the "Amusing TGs" thread on the "Delegates Government" Subforum that this Nation had sent him a TG disrespecting him and declaring "war" on McMasterdonia. I then shared the TGs the nation sent me via quote as the Attorney Generals office can see if they bother to check the thread. The Offending nation then contacted me asking if I would be their ally. I responded not until they aplogize to McM. (I shared that exchange via quote on the Amusing TG thread as well) the nation asked how I knew they had sent that TG. I did not respond and instead ignored them.

Today, I came to the Regional Message Board (RMB) after IRL(In Real Life) Work today to find a quesnelia whom I feel to be the same offender as above due to similar posting style and identical nation motto, was spreading falsehoods about me on the RMB, saying I sent harassing and threatening Decleration of War TGs to the first named nation nassckonia. By spreading falsehood about me by making a horrible fraudulent attempt at quoting a TG I allegedly sent which I never did, and telling people on the RMB that I sent them, they are damaging me by attempting to ruin my reputation and good standing in the TNP community. If I really said those things I challege the above named offender to produce an actual NS generated TG from my Nation and a Screen shot that shows I did. In the mean time I submit this complaint as well as all evidence to the contrary for review by the office of AG.

-PaulWallLibertarian42 /The Democratic States of LibertarianLand - to the best of my ability and recollection I swear all info provided in this complaint is true.

Evidentiary Submissions:
The Delegates "Amusing TGs" Thread - Here.

Screen captures showing the above named nations same Motto and residing in the region of The North Pacific

Falsehood Fradulent comments by the offending nation

The Original RMB post where they claimed they were running for Delegate + my original response:

Screencaps of original TG between the offender and myself:

Comments:
I am also not sure if they could be considered committing "Election Fraud" by claiming to be running for delegate when they have no legal standing/challenge to run for Delegate in TNP.

And though to my knowledge neither nation name has applied for citizenship or participated in the regions offsite forum I would hope the AG would have jurisdiction over other areas of TNP owned Entities including the Regional Message Board (RMB)

Thank you to the AGs office for reading this complaint and asociated evidence.

This complaint is now being considered, with a view to filing an indictment with the court, for the commission of fraud and electoral fraud, which are both offences under the criminal code of TNP.

e.t.a. the AG's office will get back to you early next week. If you have any concerns please feel free to contact me directly.

It has been a month and The AGs office hasnt updated this filing or contacted me. As the victim I am just curious the AGs opinion? Honestly at this point I am not overly concerned and I feel this person was just a troll. And even though I do not think the RMB comments were taken seriously from other nations on the RMB I still don't/didn't appreciate falsehoods being made about me there. Thanks.

Edit:

Apparently Quesnelia CTE'd june 10th, however it was clearly the puppet account of the The Nassckonia which is now in TSP.

Results
Former nation Quesnelia
Founded: Tue May 6 2014
Ceased to exist: Tue Jun 10 2014
Population: 153 million

I did contact you, and I left messages for you with FriarTuck, and I asked people why you weren't on IRC, I got no response. You may note that I asked you to contact me if you have any concerns, you didn't contact me until now.

I'm currently on sick leave from the RA until the end of June, but we ought to have a conversation about the case.

Pragmatically, you have to consider what is the aim of a prosecution. If convicted, Quesnelia would have his freedoms curtailed by the court. I doubt this will make any difference if he is already dead.

I'm willing to work on this if it is going to serve some purpose.

I havent had any concerns. I submitted everything to the best of my ability. Im sure the guy was just a troll. Just got to me a bit. Like I said I don't like lied about.

I dont know how an AGs investigation works or If I were needed beyond making my original conplaint and submitting my "evidence".

I was just curious what the status was. If anyone investigated or contacted the nation in question. At this point as one Puppet CTE'd and the other resides in The South Pacific I am not sure what it would do except give the AGs office some work. If they ever came back to TNP im sure they would be subject to whatever penalty the court would potentially lay down.

I havent been on IRC just because IDK I havent really felt like it other then being ordered to by the NPA. I generally like the forum better and am available thru PM or a TG in game. Im not a fan of IRC chat. Plus it drains my phone battery quick so I only get on if nessicary. I dont have access to a PC or laptop at the moment. If you are interrested in prosecuting this case if You think it is important I will make myself available to get on IRC when you or an assistant is available to pursue the case. I submitted the complaint because I dont like lied about on the RMB. But I respect your ultimate authority on if The AGs office feels its worth seeking an indicment and it wont just waste the AGs or courts time in a frivolous case against a random troll nation.

Back