Any intrest in a TNP Fantasy Football League this fall?

I know it is way early as kickoff 2014 is not until September 4th so four months away, but I saw there was a Fantasy F1 league and so I was curious if anyone would be interrested in joining if I started a #TNP Fantasy Football League ( I know a lot of people are outside the U.S. so to be clear, It will be based on American Style Professional NFL)

I have played fantasy football for about the last 5 seasons now, and even was a league owner and commissioner of a 16 team league with work collegues and friends last year. I find it is a lot of fun, and I even enjoy football more rooting for indivdual players, or even better when you are in multiple leagues and own a player in one league,but then Vs. Them in another league by-way of your opponet owning them. It has became a real hobby of mine the last few years. And I'd be willing to create and host a league for TNP if I had enough people interrested in it.

I was thinking about it today when I realized the real NFL draft is tomorrow, and made my heart skip a beat -- all I could think of was Fantasy season is fast approaching.

If people have experience that is okay, never tried it before? That is okay too. Playing for your first time can be exciting.

There are different ways to play and draft based on the indivdual league settings. Id pick basic settings so it is inviting for a new player as well as experienced ones.

I personally like Auction Style drafts as I feel it is more fair and everyone has a chance to bid and get the top players and picks not be subject to getting a good spot in the serpentine standard style draft and hope you get a good draft number. --- however Standard serpentine drafting is good for beginners.

As I said, this is just to test the waters to see if anyone was interrested. If enough people are I will create a league in the end of june - beggining of July. And give people about a month to join (I perfer Yahoo Fantasy Sports myself) and hold the draft sometime around mid-end of August before the season kicks off.

What do you say TNP? Some fantasy Sports to go with your fantasy Politics?

I also had an idea in my head to ask the culture ministry if TNPU could have some 'official sports' i.e. Fantasy leagues of different varieties (F1, Nascar, Soccer, Football, Baseball, Basketball.ect) that TNPers could participate in....but that is a pipedream random idea that popped into my head. I dont even know how that would be practical. I havent fleshed the idea out.

Anyway, enough of my day dreams.

Would anyone be interrested in starting and playing in a TNP Fantasy Football league with me this fall?

This would be my fourth season. Last season I was even commissioner of a league of coworkers.

Sweet. I usually do good in the regular season then get knocked off in the playoffs :( last year in the 16 team league I ran I was #1 through the regurlar season then played the 8th seed in the playoffs and got knocked out because they had Jamaal Charles who had that monster game week #15 :( on the positive they went on to win the league. So at least they didnt knock me out then get knocked out themselves.

If it wasn't for money, that's a good mentality to have, but we had a $100 buy-in in one of the leagues I played in last year. No amount of rationalization is able to make yourself feel better 'bout losin' that. Trust me.

I usually play for fun. I dont like to gamble a whole lot. The most I have done had been like $10-$20 buy in.

Do you listen to any fantasy experts? I ? Matthew Berry (Hail to the Redskins!) And ESPNs Fantasy Focus. Though over the years I have learned they offer good advise but ultimately you have to make your own gut decisions and not just base it off "well this column says this" plus matthew berry is entertaining.
I kinda envisioned the mans league when i did my league last year. 16 team PPR Auction League.

I usually play in more then one league. And usually they are 8-12ppl. I wanted to do something different last year.

Last season I played in three league: an 8 man, 10 man and a 12 man, and I also ? Matthew Berry.

Yeah i would hope for a 10-12 league as well, however it would be pretty crazy to have more like you mentioned. I have never done an auction league before, but it sounds intriguing...as you mentioned seems to be more fair for everyone to have an equal shot at each player.

Yeah how an auction works is everyone has a set number of fantasy/faab points and the computer randomizes the nomination order. And then when its your turn you throw out a player to nominate and a timer starts and everyone has a chance to throw out bids. At the end of the timer whoever bids the most is awarded that player and the points are deducted from your points.

Last year in my 16 team league on yahoo I made it a bit challenging and added strategy. I made it where it was worth it to you not to blow all your points. At the end of the auction whatever points you had left over I went in and manually adjusted the faab (free agency auqusition budget) to that being your faab points for the season. (But then to counter balance I gave every team with the highest score everyweek 25 faab points as a reward).

Most of the leagues I played in on yahoo included the faab system where your standing determined your waiver priority but also you were able to use the faab points to blind bid on a player. The person who bid the highest got them. I dunno if you guys ever played with faab points or not or what site was used. Ive found its either yahoo or espn.

I would be all for an auction league if there was enough interest in that particular setting, regardless, I hope we get enough interest!

I have played in ESPN, Yahoo, and NFL.com leagues and each has it's own quirks of course that make them unique from the others, but I haven't decided which one I prefer.

I'd be interested. First attempt, so I'd appreciate a relatively simple rule set.

My experience has been that you end up with about half the sign-ups actually being active.

Ive used both. I havent tried to online draft on ESPN. Any ESPN leagues ive been in have been IRL live drafting. I do like yahoos smartphone app better. I think ESPN needs work. They focus on the desktop and forsake the Fantasy players on the go I think.

Idk. In a perfect world id like to take yahoos aesthetics and page and app design and merge it with the content from ESPN. The sports writers on ESPN know what they are talking about whereas I think the columnist on yahoo do a line of coke before making crap up.

That's how to truly enjoy fantasy football...With cocaine. Do ya use the Android or iOS ESPN Fantasy Football app? I've used both, and they're far more different than ya'd think.

ARE YOU READY FOR SOME FOOTBALL!?!?!?

Dear TNPers. I have made a #TNP fantasy football league. I have chosen Yahoo over other platforms. I like yahoos set up and they have fun things such as weekly recaps on matchups. Also I do not have access to a PC at the moment and Yahoo lets you draft from the APP.

If you are interrested you need to have a Yahoo.com account or create a new Account and PM me your e-mail so I can send you an invite.

Also, If you want to play but dont feel comfortable PMing me your Email I think I saw a setting where I can copy/Paste you the invite link!

New to Fantasy Football and Sports in general?
Check these links out:

New to Fantasy Sports? Need a Refresher? Fantasy Football on Yahoo! Yahoo Fantasy Help!

Check out these other links of intrest:

Espn Fantasy Football - read articles by the Sport and Fantasy experts.

Fantasy Football on Wikipedia

The Weasel Dome - Home of Matthew Berry and the Fantasy Focus Football Podcast

Also go to Stitcher.com or download the Stitcher radio app on your Smartphone from the google play or Apple IOS APP store and search for "Fantasy Football"

Constantly on the go? You can take Fantasy sports with you on the go and check your roster and team and league news whereever you go.

Go to the IOS App store or on Google Play and search for "Yahoo Fantasy Sports"

Any more questions? I am available to answer your questions as well as the other fantasy players interrested.

------------------------------------------

The set up I am gearing it towards new players and seasoned players alike.

The Draft will be a Standard Online draft August 26th Tuesday at 8:30PM Eastern USA time.

Two months from now.

The season starts Thursday September 4th.

If interrested comment and PM me your email so I may send you an invite.

Below are the Settings and Scorings.

Scoring & Settings

League ID#:131891

League Name:#TNP Fantasy League

Draft Type:Live Standard Draft
Draft Time:Tue Aug 26 8:30pm EDT [ Add to My Calendar ]

Max Teams:16

Live Draft Pick Time:2 Minutes

Scoring Type:Head-to-Head

Start Scoring on:Week 1

Can't Cut List Provider:Yahoo Sports

Max Acquisitions for Entire Season:No maximum

Max Acquisitions per Week:No maximum

Max Trades for Entire SeasonNo maximum

Trade Reject Time:3

Trade End Date: November 21, 2014

Allow Draft Pick Trades:No

Trade Review:League Votes

Waiver Time:3 days
Waiver Type:FAAB w/ Reverse order of standings tiebreak

Weekly WaiversGame Time - Tuesday

Post Draft Players:Free Agents
Invite Sharing Tools:Enabled

Playoffs:Week 15, 16 and 17 (6 teams) Note: Week 17 runs 6 days from Dec 23 to Dec 28

Playoff Reseeding:Yes

Divisions:Yes (2 divisions)

Playoff Seeding Options:Division winners awarded top playoff seeds

Lock Eliminated Teams:Yes
League Pickem:Yes

Roster Positions:QB, WR, WR, RB, TE, TE, W/R, W/R/T, K, DEF, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN

Fractional Points:Yes

Negative Points:Yes

Make League Publicly Viewable:Yes

Roster:

1 starting Quarterback

2 starting Wide Recievers

1 starting Runningback

2 Starting Tightends

1 Starting Wide Reciever/Runningback Flex position (Pick either a Wide Reciever or a Runningback to start)

1 starting Wide Reciever/Tightend/Runningback Flex Spot (Pick Either a Wide Reciever, a Runningback, or a Tightend to start)

1 starting Defense/Special Teams

1 starting kicker

8 Bench Player positions (back up starters/bye week replacements/ roster depth)

Free Agency Aquisition Budget (FAAB)

Every league I have ever played in has used FAAB. I will give each team 250 FAAB points for the year. In order to add/drop/pick a player off the waiver wire you will use these points to submit a blind bid. At the end of the wavier period whoever bids the most gets the player. In case of tie the computer will use Reverse Order of Standings to grant the team the player selected.

Scoring

I have tweaked the scoring to make it custom. However this should not interfere with a new player being able to play. And it should not be too confusing. Below are the games default computer scoring.

Passing Yards 25 yards per point

Passing Touchdowns 4

Interceptions -1

Rushing Yards 10 yards per point

Rushing Touchdowns 6

Reception Yards 10 yards per point

Reception Touchdowns 6

Return Touchdowns 6

2-Point Conversions 2

Fumbles Lost -2

Offensive Fumble Return TD 6

Kickers

Field Goals 0-19 Yards 3

Field Goals 20-29 Yards 3

Field Goals 30-39 Yards 3

Field Goals 40-49 Yards 4

Field Goals 50+ Yards 5

Point After Attempt Made 1

Defense/Special Teams

Sack 1

Interception 2

Fumble Recovery 2

Touchdown 6

Safety 2

Block Kick 2

Kickoff and Punt Return

Touchdowns 6

Points Allowed 0 points 10

Points Allowed 1-6 points 7

Points Allowed 7-13 points 4

Points Allowed 14-20 points 1

Points Allowed 21-27 points 0

Points Allowed 28-34 points -1

Points Allowed 35+ points -4

And here are the Leagues Custom Scoring:
Offense

Passing Yards:
25 yards per point

Passing Yard Bonuses:
5 points at 200 yards; 10 points at 400 yards; 20 points at 500 yards

Passing Touchdowns 6

Interceptions -1

Sacks -1

Rushing Yards
10 yards per point

Rushing Yard Bonuses:
5 points at 200 yards; 10 points at 250 yards

Rushing Touchdowns 6

Receptions 1

Reception Yards
10 yards per point

Reception Yard Bonuses:
5 points at 100 yards;
10 points at 175 yards;
20 points at 200 yards

Reception Touchdowns 6

Return Yards
25 yards per point;

Return Yard Bonuses:
10 points at 100 yards;
15 points at 200 yards

Return Touchdowns 6

2-Point Conversions 2

Fumbles -2

Fumbles Lost -3

Offensive Fumble Return TD 6

Pick Sixes Thrown -6

40+ Yard Completions 6

40+ Yard Passing Touchdowns12

40+ Yard Rushing Attempts 6

40+ Yard Rushing Touchdowns12

40+ Yard Receptions 6

40+ Yard Reception Touchdowns 12

Kickers

Field Goals 0-19 Yards 3

Field Goals 20-29 Yards 3

Field Goals 30-39 Yards 3

Field Goals 40-49 Yards 5

Field Goals 50+ Yards 6

Field Goals Missed 0-19 Yards -1

Point After Attempt Made 1

Point After Attempt Missed -1

Defense/Special Teams

Sack 1

Interception 2

Fumble Recovery 2

Touchdown 6

Safety 2

Block Kick 2
Return Yards 25 yards per point

Kickoff and Punt Return Touchdowns 6

Points Allowed 0 points 20

Points Allowed 1-6 points15

Points Allowed 7-13 points10

Points Allowed 14-20 points 5

Points Allowed 21-27 points 2

Points Allowed 28-34 points 0

Points Allowed 35+ points -5

4th Down Stops 1

Defensive Yards Allowed -Negative Yards 25

Defensive Yards Allowed 0-99 Yards 20

Defensive Yards Allowed 100-199 Yards15

Defensive Yards Allowed 200-299 Yards 10

Defensive Yards Allowed 300-399 Yards 5

Defensive Yards Allowed 400-499 Yards 0

Defensive Yards Allowed 500+ Yards -5

Three and Outs Forced 3

* BOLD = Custom League Scoring changes

Again I know the season is still a few months away but I'd like to jump on this early. PM me with your email to be invited or otherwise let me know you are interested thanks.

Draft Scheduled for Tuesday August 26th 2014 8:30PM Eastern United States Time.

The computer will set the drafting order randomly before the start of the draft.

Please make every effort to be there. If you can't be there for the draft the computer will auto pick for you based on best available player from the expert sports writers rankings.

THE ESPN DRAFT DAY DRAFT KIT & CHEAT SHEETS:

Used by experienced and novice players alike, use this to familarize yourself with the top NFL players and which fantasy studs to target early in the draft. Updated throughout the Pre-Season by the ESPN Fantasy Guru's so be sure to check often for updates as news and circumstances change.

ESPN Fantasy Football 2014 Draft Kit

*EDIT: ADDED LINKS FOR NOVICES/NEW PLAYERS AND A REMINDER ABOUT THE SCHEDULED DRAFT TIME.

** EDITED THE CUSTOM SCORING PLEASE SEE THE CUSTOM SCORING FOR THE LEAGUE. LET ME KNOW IF THERE ARE ANY ISSUES. THX.

PaulWallLibertarian42 (League Commissioner)
Team Name: The Fightin Deputies

God-Emperor
Team Name: God-Emperor's Fish

Sauceistan
Team Name: Sasdidly Squids

Elkhorn_6
Team Name: The White Walkers

Rom(Invite sent)
Team Name:TBD

Marnip - *From Europeia (Invite sent)
Team Name: TBD

Notolecta - * From Europeia
Team Name: Notolecta's team

Ive updated the post with helpful links for beginners. Im at work now and my battery is about dead. I've recieved a few PMs and will send invites out and tweek the custom scoring when I get home this evening and get a charge.

Thanks to everyone interrested so far.

Know anyone else in TNP? Direct them here.

Also, If you want to play but dont feel comfortable PMing me your Email I think I saw a setting where I can copy/Paste you the invite link!

First two invites sent out. So that is 3 of us so far.

We do need even number to join. And still two months to recruit ha.

But id like to get at least 8. But preferably 10-14. 16 could be fun if there is that much intrest.

ESPN's 2014 Fantasy Football Draft Kit and Positional Cheat Sheets now available. CHECK EARLY AND CHECK OFTEN AS INFORMATION AND CIRCUMSTANCES CHANGE THROUGHOUT THE PRESEASON.

Still taking TNPers intereested for sign ups. Let us know if you're interrested.

I did my first mock draft and tight ends went way too early. Just a heads up.

I did 2 mock drafts today. I didnt save my 1st results though b/c yahoo used to email them to you. OF course I was using the App. - so I guesd they dont do it anymore. But I did save my 2nd results. And took screenies.

Mock Draft 2014 Results:

Just did a Yahoo Fantasy Mock Draft. Yep in June!

Drafting 3rd and 6th out of 8 teams:

1st rnd Adrian Peterson - RB

2nd rnd Aaron Rodgers - QB

3rd rnd Julio Jones - WR

4th rnd Giovanni Bernard - RB

5th rnd Pierre Garcon - WR

6th rnd C.J. Spiller - RB

7th rnd Jason Witten - TE

8th rnd Torrey Smith - WR

9th rnd Julian Edelman - WR

10th rnd Joique Bell - RB

11th rnd Marques Colston - WR

12th rnd Jordan Reed - TE

13th rnd Russell Wilson - QB

14th rnd Chicago D/ST

15th rnd Blair Walsh -K

Quick Poll! I know its still early on in the recruitment we dont need to panick til like August 15th haha.

But lets say we are the only 4 who sign up in TNP?

I put feelers out about doing another league in another area I am in. Or the possibility of doing a multi-regional league to instill comradery and what not. They seem game.

What is everyones opinion? Like if we cant get enough TNP players to take like 4 folks from a couple different regions. Try to get 2-3 more regions of 4 players each to participate like 12-16 players total and doing a cross regional rivarly thing

I did a TSP-Euro league a couple years ago, and it was fine. We had TSPers in one division and Europeians in another.

Sign me up! I am a Fantasy Football junkie. :P

Bump! So new forum members have a chance to see this. Draft is in like 5 weeks. So time to be researching and coming up with a draft strategy especially if you are new to the game. Or not - wing it whatever.

If interrested get at me.

If not enough TNP intrest im probably going to see if there are fantasy players interrested in other regions to fill the field of players out. Thx.

I would suggest that you move away from the live draft - if anyone forgets or RL intervenes it f**ks things up. If you really feel you must, then please be aware that 8:30PM Eastern USA is in the wee small hours in Europe.

The only way to do it is either a live draft or offline in person lol and i dont think that option is on the table what with this being an online forum and internet community and all.

Back