Candidacy withdrawal announcement

Lennart

TNPer
I'm sorry to announce my withdrawal from the race for the delegacy. I won't have the time, and maybe not even the energy, for the task in at least two months. As I want the best for TNP, I decided to give up this time.

This is a bitter-sweet announcement.

Bitter because I wanted to be delegate, a good delegate, and also because now that Roman aligned with Tyr's hand party, I, will probably abstain from voting. This is kinda sad, and I even was about to ask my "supporters" to vote for him instead. Of course I will change my mind if Roman steps back in that matter. for now, I call for abstention.

Sweet, because the reasons behind that lack of time and energy are positive and rewarding changes in my real life.

This doesn't mean I won't be active. I will, but not as McM is, not as I would want to be. I will keep being around, but TNP deserves more than just that being around.

Finally I want to apologize to all people who showed support and interest in my failed campaign. I will never forget that, you're the best. I hope you are still there in four months. Thank you. You guys are amazing.

That's a shame. Although I suspect you would not have won, it would have been a richer race with you in the field.

I share your sentiments about roman. He lost my vote when he sucked up to try's hand.

Lennart:
Sweet, because the reasons behind that lack of time and energy are positive and rewarding changes in my real life.
I'm sad to see you withdraw, but glad to hear that it's for happy reasons and not sad ones. Best of luck with everything! I hope you'll toss your hat in the ring again in the future.

Lennart, you were my candidate for change. I really wanted you to see you in the delegate seat and you have created a major confusion on who we should vote for now. People like me, who is not a government official, or administrator, or is not well know, or just vote in laws; ordinary people, we wanted you. Im sad to see you leave the race, and come back the next four months we will vote for you then.

I share your concerns, Lennart -- and I do wish you lots of happiness. (And you can always get a cat, too.)

Abstention in a general election (which has no requirement for a quorum) only serves to mark the Regional Assembly member as present at the vote. There is another method of expressing dissatisfaction with the remaining slate of candidates if one so chooses. I have excerpted the relevant section of the Legal Code of The North Pacific:

Codified Law of The North Pacific:
Chapter 4: Election and Appointment Procedure

Section 4.3: Overall Election Law

12. "Reopen Nominations." Ballots for general and special elections shall include the option to reopen nominations. Should this receive a majority of votes, a further 48 hours will be provided for declarations of candidacy. Candidates whose names appeared on the first ballot will retain their candidacy unless they choose to withdraw. During the second round of voting following this period, the option to reopen nominations shall not appear on the ballot.
13. The option to reopen nominations shall appear on the ballot as a separate question for each race.
14. Should a majority vote to reopen nominations for a given race, a further 48 hours will be provided for declarations of candidacy.
15. Candidates whose names appeared on the first ballot will retain their candidacy unless they choose to withdraw.
16. A second round of voting shall follow, and the option to reopen nominations will not appear on the new ballot.

>^,,^<
Alunya

Offical nominations dont start til the 1st. So who knows who the RA will wind up Nominating, Roman, Kiwi, Lennert, and Mall were the only four so far to come out and express intrests. With Abacathea expressing the only VD intrests so far. And Zyvet hasnt yet expressed intrests in seeking another term as speaker either.

So come the first when we officially take up nominations, who knows what we'll end up with. RA nominations are like a box of chocolates to paraphrase Forrest Gump quoting his mommy.

flemingovia:
That's a shame. Although I suspect you would not have won, it would have been a richer race with you in the field.

I share your sentiments about roman. He lost my vote when he sucked up to try's hand.
Sorry that you feel that way, Flem. I just happen to agree with the principles of Tyr's Hand as far as the defense of this region is concerned. Sorry that you think agreeing with something is some how sucking up.

But back on topic, Sorry to see you bug out, Len.

Thanks everyone for your understanding.

Yes, it's because of happy reasons in RL. In NS, I started to feel frustrated as I almost missed the flag day anniversary completely, and couldn't participate too much anyway. In fact I could have had problems to continue with my own campaign (which was going to be awesome by the way, but I keep most ideas for next election), and I realized it's not the right moment.

If I were you I would consider endorsing another candidate. You could wait until the nominations are opened to have a clearer view of the field or alternatively you could advocate for a reopen nominations vote. I think your support is significant - particularly with RA members who frequent the RMB, the newer players to the region and some of the "old guard". Throwing your support behind another candidate could have a significant impact on the outcome.

mcmasterdonia:
If I were you I would consider endorsing another candidate. You could wait until the nominations are opened to have a clearer view of the field or alternatively you could advocate for a reopen nominations vote. I think your support is significant - particularly with RA members who frequent the RMB, the newer players to the region and some of the "old guard". Throwing your support behind another candidate could have a significant impact on the outcome.
*waves* I agree, absolutely.

I'm sad to hear about your pulling out Len, I know from working and talking with you recently that you would of made a good delegate. I look forward to seeing you run in the future. ^^

Back