Favourite memories of TNP

mcmasterdonia

Just like a queef in the wind, so is life
-
-
-
TNP Nation
McMasterdonia
A thread for people to share their favourite memories of TNP...

Where to start... there are so many great memories for me and I have not even been here for that long. One of my favourite moments in TNP was when I was appointed Minister of Defence by then Delegate Blue Wolf II. This was a tremendous opportunity for me and took me into my first major experience of GCR political drama. Forming the NPA and getting the relevant laws passed was a tremendous battle for me both in the dark and smokey rooms of the cabinet and in the public forums of the regional assembly. I think it was this experience that helped prepare me to become Delegate and helped me to win the respect of the community here.

I'll elaborate on other memories later :)

Blue Wolf II:
Those times I got to ban Gov from the region. Was the tops.
Oh, how I envy you...

My favourite memories are, limited. I can't lie. Having been active for a few weeks I can feel them coming, but they haven't arrived yet.

Though I can certainly say the welcome I received was great. ^_^

Blue Wolf II:
Those times I got to ban Gov from the region. Was the tops.
Watching him getting banned from Balder was one of the most satisfying moments of my NS life. :P

Shame I wasn't the one pressing that button.

In fairness, though, the NS Monopoly collaboration as a gift for Max was pretty cool. It was also fairly neat to team up with folks to buy some wonderful things for Neenee's child.

A Thel sighting cool. Didn't realize your post count was so low on the forums...

I think my favorite TNP memory was the successful Puppetmaster. I was amazed at the level of coordination and thought that went behind it.

Another thing I really enjoyed was all the rage surrounding BWII changing the flag, adding nyan cats to the links and general good fun that occurred at the time ;)

Getting a mention in the Rejected times my first couple weeks on the forum, getting a military ribbon from Gladio, Being appointed Deputy Speaker ;) hopefully more good times to come.

mcmasterdonia:
Another thing I really enjoyed was all the rage surrounding BWII changing the flag, adding nyan cats to the links~ and general good fun that occurred at the time ;)
Even better if you were browsing NS during class and hit the link withouth having the speakers muted :ph43r: .

Former English Colony:
Getting rid of The Minister's Gov't.

Bunnies raining down on the forum :bunny:

Using Bunny comics in the pursuit of political justice! :bunny:

Meeting lots of people from TNP has also been great. :)
I am fairly certain that only The Minister got rid of his government but I could be mistaken - perhaps you can show me the point at which he was forcibly removed? ;)

punk d:
A Thel sighting cool. Didn't realize your post count was so low on the forums...

I think my favorite TNP memory was the successful Puppetmaster. I was amazed at the level of coordination and thought that went behind it.
And I think my favorite was the failure of 'Puppetmaster II: the Wrath of Ivan'. It is amazing was a few dozen bannings can accomplish in a couple of minutes.

My favorite TNP memories were almost entirely during the pre-coup, pre-constitutional era of the region in the first half of 2004. There was an energy and a camaraderie here that was simply unbelievable. Everything was new and exciting and it felt like anything was possible.

r3naissanc3r:
mcmasterdonia:
Another thing I really enjoyed was all the rage surrounding BWII changing the flag, adding nyan cats to the links~ and general good fun that occurred at the time ;)
Even better if you were browsing NS during class and hit the link withouth having the speakers muted :ph43r: .
Heh. I did that once. It was really awkward.

Favorite memory? Probably all the fun times on the RMB, making fun of various things.

Blackshear:
My favorite TNP memories were almost entirely during the pre-coup, pre-constitutional era of the region in the first half of 2004. There was an energy and a camaraderie here that was simply unbelievable. Everything was new and exciting and it felt like anything was possible.
Me too.

We adopted the constitution with the best motives, seeking to remove legitimacy from any potential rogue (it is hard to paint someone as a lawbreaker if there is no law for them to break), but the constitution has proven to be a strait jacket, stifling our regional life and constantly standing over us with a big stick.

When we cannot even correct a simple numbering error without pages of debate and numerous new laws, then situation has transcended farce.

Sadly, most people here have only known the constitutional era, so cannot imagine any other system.

The region pre-constitution was a bit more "wild west", but it worked fine and was a lot more fun. And that's what this game is supposed to be? yes?

What were the rules surrounding banning when you first started playing the game? It sounds like the Delegacy was simply passed around before the laws or anything else was in place. I am curious how the Delegacy passing from person to person happened - simply whoever had the most endorsements and nobody would get banned?

Back