Aba for Vice!

Abacathea

TNPer
Greetings TNP Voters,

After much consideration, pensive alone time, and being paid off by big oil, I have decided of my own free will (please ignore the man behind me, and he assures me it's not a gun, he's just happy to see me) to make a run for the office of Vice Delegate in the coming elections.

In order to provide the best campaign platform, I took to the streets and vox popped a few people to see what they would want of a vice delegate, so on a sunny day, I took my recorder, and hit the sunny streets of Dublin. Here's how things progressed!

• Who the hell are you?!

Well officer, I'm Abacathea, and I'm doing some opinion polling if that's quite ok, it's regarding a nation I control and it's potential for gaining power internationally.....

N.B - It's important to know the remainder of this vox pop was conducted through the doors of my cell with a student on work placement who happened to know of NationStates.
  • So, what is your motivation in running for Vice Delegate?

Well, this is relatively simple. I came to TNP 6 months ago at the behest of McMasterdonia to assist with the World Assembly program, since then I've come to call TNP home, and wish to continue to remain within it once the current cabinet dissolves. To remain equally transparent about my motives I feel, as do some others, that TNP can help me climb to greatness, and this, seems like the next logical progression towards doing so.
  • How do you like your eggs in the morning?

To be honest, I don't. My dietary habits consist solely of the three C's, coffee, chocolate and bacon.
  • What is the significance of you, if you become Vice Delegate, and the Security Council?

The position affords a sizeable amount of influence and endorsements, when coupled with working with the Security Council it provides the best possible security to the Delegate against imminent threats and ultimately preserves the regions best interests.
  • What has 9 arms and sucks?

Def Leopard. Next question!
  • Do you really feel you could make a strong vice delegate?

That is the ultimate question. There are certain paths to which the destination is unknown until they're walked. I'm confident that if given the chance and supported right I can indeed be an asset to the region, but that call ultimately comes to those who know me, and those with the power to give me the chance to spread my wings and fly.
  • Any final words?

Could you call my solicitor please?.

Now dear TNPers, I turn the microphone to you, and will attempt to answer your questions.

Welcome to the political arena! :hello:

Here's a question with a qualifying statement:

The fact that we even exist in the universe is a bizarre thing. What is even more bizarre is that the universe even exists at all. So, the question is:

Why is there something rather than nothing?

Romanoffia:
Welcome to the political arena! :hello:

Here's a question with a qualifying statement:

The fact that we even exist in the universe is a bizarre thing. What is even more bizarre is that the universe even exists at all. So, the question is:

Why is there something rather than nothing?
My response, and I hope it shall suffice:

Without there having been something we would be unable to perceive nothingness. Thus one is essential to the existence of the other.

Edit: That and something is always more interesting than nothing. A blank canvas is far less interesting than a painted one, even if the end result is poor, it still generates more response than the blank one. Perhaps the grander scheme of things felt similarly to myself?

That was actually a great answer and something that I didn't expect. It's also not far off from something Ayn Rand said. :worship:

It's like my definition of reality: Reality is an objective conclusion based upon subjective experience. :P

Where would you like to see yourself in NS after another year has gone by?

What has been your favourite part of TNP since joining?

What do you think of the IRC cabal?

To follow up on McM's third question, what are you prepared to promise the nefarious IRCabal in exchange for its vote?

mcmasterdonia:
Where would you like to see yourself in NS after another year has gone by?

What has been your favourite part of TNP since joining?

What do you think of the IRC cabal?
1: Ideally, a well established player. Some would argue I've accomplished this already, but I don't really feel like I have. I'd love to do something great on NS, something positive that I'd be remembered by, as NewTexas once told me, being commended is the closest one comes to "winning the game" but I'm not sure in my case that's true. I want to do something really amazing, that'll be me contented.

2: The people, without question. The everyday experiences you have with the people here, or just what you get to observe, it's funny as hell. I've laughed so much and met some great people as a result. In a non bs political way and a truthful answer, the community here has really made it for me.

3: Careful, don't you know they're always watching? -Nods and Smiles- Great group of people, definitely trustworthy enough to play poker with!.

To follow up on McM's third question, what are you prepared to promise the nefarious IRCabal in exchange for its vote?

4: Silly, I think you know as well as I do, that choice isn't mine to make, when the time comes, and it will come, you know the only option is to take the red pill and hope for the best.

PaulWallLibertarian42:
As Vice Delegate would you encourage the newly elected delegate to usher in a new Offical Cabinet position? Namely the minister of TNP Cheese.
I would always encourage that which might be beneficial to the region, the question will always be how hard I push and how beneficial anything is at any given time.

When I left in... late February(?) You were in the process of setting yourself up a 'home' in Osiris, rather than TNP.

What's changed to make TNP your home more than Osiris (or anywhere else for that matter)?

madjack:
When I left in... late February(?) You were in the process of setting yourself up a 'home' in Osiris, rather than TNP.

What's changed to make TNP your home more than Osiris (or anywhere else for that matter)?
Not entirely sure where you deduced I was setting anything up for myself in Osiris and I certainly don't feel I have done so, but nevertheless. :)

I would consider Osiris a place of comfort to me, I enjoy the people, the culture, and the IRC chat, and I feel in my own little ways I have made some contributions to Osiris, in that respect it is very much a family to me. That notwithstanding, home is where the heart is, and while Osiris is very much an extension of that fact, TNP brought me to the GCR world, TNP introduced me to Osiris, Balder, and many others, cultures and people I would not have known without that occurring. It is where my WA main resides, and has done since I was invited here in November unless on military ops and will continue to do so for as long as the TNP colors reside in my veins. I owe TNP a lot of what I have become since I came here, and if I can continue to grow within and as a result of being part of the TNP that has given me so much already, I'd be a fool not to.

TNP is as much of a home to me as Osiris, or my former region International Western Union, "home" is about those who are there, what you do for it and with it, and how you view it. And I consider TNP a family to me as much as I do my old one in the IWU who I still check in on and miss from time to time, or my extended one in Osiris. I've thought about leaving TNP after McM stood down yes, but the reality is, I'm happy here.

That is the correct answer. :P

I'm not entirely sure if I'm eligible to vote, having only just come back into the region, but if I could, I'd vote for you.

madjack:
That is the correct answer. :P

I'm not entirely sure if I'm eligible to vote, having only just come back into the region, but if I could, I'd vote for you.
Aww thanks Jack, that means a lot :)

punk d:
If you win this election do you have future plans to run for delegate?
I think at this time it would be premature to say yes or no.

Is it a position I would aspire to? Yes, I would consider it the pinnacle of my TNP career, that said, I would be hesitant to do so until such a time as I personally felt I could bring something to the position or I would be a strong enough candidate to do so. It is my hope that serving as Vice for a term or two would give me the knowledge and strength to do so. The drive, passion and commitment is already there, I love this region, it's become a home to me in so many senses. So all I can really say is, it's not something I've ruled out.

Considering the impending voting period, I figure I shall present one last case to you, the voting public.

Of all my competitiors, I am the one, with the least amount of experience in this role. My roles as Delegate and Vice Delegate were served in a UCR, which is a considerably different battle field from the GCR universe. This much serves to my disadvantage. What I am though, is loyal, dedicated and passionate, even when I'd much rather not be. :P TNP has served me well, and has welcomed me with far more of open arms than I ever anticipated. My platform is this and no more, I shall serve TNP equally as much as it has done me, if not more, and will strive to put forth my best in every decision and action I take while representing this region.

I look forward to seeing you all at the booths!

Vote Abacathea, vote for the FNG!

Democratic Donkeys:
Oh, uh, right. :ADN:

That's what I meant.
Based on the fantastic sleuth work of Madjack, I feel you owe me an obligatory vote to make ammends for your terrible democratic craftiness! See you at the booth!

Democratic Donkeys:
Do you consider yourself a team player? Is consensus more important to you than doing what you feel is right?
I believe everything I've done on NS has been as part of a team, so I would consider myself a team player in that respects, but doing what is right is equally important to me.

If you had to make a choice between being a "team player" and going along to get along, or doing what you personally thought was right, which would you choose? Why?

Democratic Donkeys:
He is so vanilla and evasive in answering questions in an authentic way that I can't possibly vote for him.
That's where you clearly miss the obvious DD much to my annoyance every answer I gave was genuine and me.

Back