Vice Delegate

Abacathea

TNPer
Having observed DD's observation that only boring/mentally deranged (potential paraphrasing there :yes: ) people run for Vice Delegate I've decided to see who, much as the case for the Delegate thread would be a serious contender for the VD position this time around should the VD, DD not run/elect for delegate on this instance.

Thoughts, observations, appraisals (COE did a fine job in the delegate thread) and even intentions below! :D

I felt like doing some analysis.

Democratic Donkeys: - Incumbent. I would expect he would be able to make a successful bid for reelection. Most of his detractors are already well known and I don't think that they are likely to change substantially. He has performed well in the role and has constantly maintained a high endorsement level and has not taken any absences over that time period. The Security Council has grown in strength under his stewardship and overall I would say he has had a very successful term as Vice Delegate.

Abacathea - currently Minister of World Assembly Affairs. He has a reputation for a strong work ethic and a stable and regularly high activity level. I think Abacathea could make a strong campaign for Vice Delegate and in many ways it is the logical next step for him to take in his political career in TNP.

Kiwi - has served as Vice Delegate before and performed well in the position. He has also served as Minister of Defence and is currently serving as Minister of Communications. He is a popular figure amongst military members and the community at large. Kiwi has already stated that he intends to run for Delegate, but if he suddenly changed his mind he could make a strong run here.

Lennart - Lennart is a beloved figure both in-game and on the regional forum. He has a significant amount of name recognition on the regional message board and with nations in the region (similar to that of DD's) than of the other candidates I will discuss. He has served as Minister of Culture and Entertainment and was one of my favourite Ministers. He is superb to work with, very approachable, kind and honest. Lennart has been one of the most active SC members and has constantly maintained a high endorsement level for as long as I can remember. Like Kiwi, Lennart has already announced he will run for Delegate if the I Love McMasterdonia constitutional amendment does not pass. I think he could make a strong run in either race.

r3naissan3r - a highly experienced legislator and government official. R3n has served as Chief Justice and as Minister for Foreign Affairs. R3n has been the greatest contributor in terms of proposals and amendments in the Regional Assembly and has received significant recognition for his work in this area. He is highly intelligent, competent and reliable and has served excellently as Minister for Foreign Affairs in my Administration. He has been a constant endotarter in-game and I feel he could make a strong run if he decided to do so.

Blue Wolf II - Blue Wolf II has served in nearly every position available in the North Pacific. He can be a somewhat controversial figure, with some people objecting to his methods and style. He has served as Vice Delegate on many occasions and has done well in that role. He is an unlikely candidate at this point as he has only just left the Security Council to return to military activity.

Zyvetlongname - Zyvet has served as Deputy Speaker of the RA and as Speaker of the Regional Assembly. He has been a fair and impartial Speaker of the RA and has done a superb job in the role. I think Zyvet could make a strong run for Vice Delegate, but it may depend on his availability and whether or not he wishes to leave the Speakers office.

Crushing Our Enemies - COE has served as Speaker and as a Justice of the Court of the North Pacific. COE has been a highly reliable and active member of the North Pacific since joining. He is a strong leader and has demonstrated that through his work as Speaker of the RA. While some may not approve of everything COE has pursued, it is clear that his hard work and dedication has not gone unnoticed and is universally appreciated. At this stage I would rule him out as a candidate, not because he wouldn't be a good candidate or because he could not win, but because he has said he will be away for a 6 week period (correct me if I am wrong) and I know he will not wish to take up a position where he cannot be completely dedicated to it.

Question, I am fairly new and not sure about the laws, as I have not yet completed my study of them... If McM can't run as Delegate to the current text of the law, can he run for VD??

Elegarth:
Question, I am fairly new and not sure about the laws, as I have not yet completed my study of them... If McM can't run as Delegate to the current text of the law, can he run for VD??
I could. There are no term limits placed on running for Vice Delegate.

[bgcolor=#5a70b3]McMasterdonia[/bgcolor] - has been delegate for a while, and most people wish he could remain delegate a bit longer, but we must submit to the constaytooshun. Becoming Vice delegate would allow him to become delegate when the next person goes rogue, and maintain a high endorsement count and influence against the next time he is permitted to run for delegate. A popular choice.

Interesting colouring Flem :P

That would be hilarious PaulWall. But I think unlikely. I have encouraged Flem to run for Delegate but he is not interested unfortunately.

I suggested that McM be my running mate sometime ago. I figured that being VD was a welcome compromise to not being able to have another term.

Any member of the Security Council would make good Vice Delegates, and many of them have previously served as Vice Delegate. I wouldn't be adverse to serving again as V.D., but I'm not sure the timing is right for me for this coming election cycle due to my other commitments in TNP and in RL. Let me get past July 15th or so, and I'd think about it.

Thanks for the support guys. I'll consider it. I think I'd like to continue to serve in the executive but I am not sure if the VD position is for me. It will also depend who else puts their name forward and if DD decides to run for reelection.

PaulWallLibertarian42:
Jack Holland:
I would consider running for Vice-Delegate
Ive been here a month and a half and havent seen you post.

What would your platform be?
You've been here a month and a half, and I have seen you post. What do you think your platform could possibly be to overcome that handicap? :P

Aba, can you provide your thoughts on the Vice Delegate's role in security checking RA applicants? When do you believe it would be appropriate for you to exercise your power to block them? What is your take on the two blocks previously exercised (Sanctaria against Douria, and DD against Narnia)?

Only in normal elections though, not in special elections. In special elections, an unopposed candidate takes office automatically once nominations close.

Nevermind. We got rid of this bit. :fish:

It's not like it's my job to know the law or anything! :D

(Normally I check the Constibillocode before I post about what the law says... Serves me right for getting overconfident. :P)

SillyString:
(Normally I check the Constibillocode before I post about what the law says... Serves me right for getting overconfident. :P)
And in the future you're going to make court decisions without consulting the Constibillocode! :O

SillyString:
Aba, can you provide your thoughts on the Vice Delegate's role in security checking RA applicants? When do you believe it would be appropriate for you to exercise your power to block them? What is your take on the two blocks previously exercised (Sanctaria against Douria, and DD against Narnia)?
Good questions String,

1: I believe the security processes/struture that comes with being Vice is pivotal to protecting the delegate and the security of the region. The security council connection for external threats and the protection of the RA to eliminate internal threats. My personal thoughts on this system if that it has managed to secure TNP up until now it is clearly a system that indeed does protect the best interests of the region.

2: The blocking of RA applicants shouldn't be done lightly I feel, it should be a person of considerable and established threat to regional security, arbitrarily blocking people would only serve to close off the community to outsiders which is obviously bad for the region.

3: I cannot comment on either, one because I don't have the full facts on both instances and secondly because I feel it would be improper of me to do so.

Sorry, posted in the wrong thread. Saw "Vice Delegate" and thought it was the campaign, oops. :P

I'm just all kinds of bumbling in this thread, aren't I?

Democratic Donkeys:
She's human, like the rest of us! :o
anteater-fuck-you.jpg

Back