Delegate?

mcmasterdonia:
I think you should make a serious run for Delegate. The campaign between you, Haor Chall and Eluvatar was exciting and focused on the issues. I think you could do that again and make a strong bid for office.

:agree: I'm seriously considering a proper run for Delegate this time around.

Chasmanthe:
The term limit debate has pushed me into seriously thinking about whether there is any truth in the idea that 95% of the RA is incapable of being delegate.

I'm looking at the membership rolls.

These people are already serving in a position they'd have to resign from to run for delegate here:
Romanoffia
Chasmanthe
North East Somerset
Sanctaria
Lord Ravenclaw
Zyvetskistaahn
SillyString
Elegarth
Lord Nwahs
Ator People
Rach

You are incorrect in this conclusion. If you were correct, the Vice Delegate would have to resign first in order to run for Delegate. Also, if your contention were correct, a sitting Delegate would have to resign first before running for a second term. Think about it.

In an upcoming general election, McMasterdonia could run for any position except Delegate and Vice Delegate. I and many other people have run for Delegate without ever having to resign positions we already held.

For instance, I, as the Chief Justice can run for Delegate and still retain my position while doing so. If I was elected Delegate, I would naturally have to resign in order to assume the office of Delegate.

I feel like doing some more analysis! Once again, my comments are in green.

Chasmanthe:
These people are already serving in a position they'd have to resign from to run for delegate here:
Romanoffia -Serious contender. Once something of a pariah, has regained a measure of popularity as justice. Can be somewhat controversial though.
Chasmanthe -Recently won his first TNP election. Little government experience beyond the AG's office. Active, but probably not popular enough to win a delegate election.
North East Somerset -Not active.
Sanctaria -Not active. Probably wouldn't win if he were, due to personal unpopularity.
Lord Ravenclaw -Has served in high positions in other GCRs, and has cabinet experience in TNP. If he builds his TNP resume a bit more, oossibly a future contender, but probably not this time around.
Zyvetskistaahn -Has done well in the Speaker's Office, but due to the somewhat apolitical nature of that office, probably not a good candidate for delegate yet. It will be interesting to see what he does after leaving the Speaker's Office...if he ever does...
SillyString -Unlikely to resign from the court. Tends not to run for a position unless she is confident of victory. Hated being delegate in another GCR. Could probably win an election somewhere down the line, but unlikely to ever run.
Elegarth -Long time TNPer, but if they have any government experience, it's from before I was around. Not a potential winner.
Lord Nwahs -Some experience in the Speaker's Office, but too new and unknown to run for delegate. A good Speaker candidate, perhaps.
Ator People -Unlikely to resign as Justice. Probably not looking for such a large commitment so soon after becoming active again. Potential future candidate.
Rach -Only recently rejoined, not active enough.

Punk D for Delegate! A hardworking admin, recently requested to rejoin the RA. Always on top of Forum Administration. Easy to assume would be on top of regional administration. And people could stop busting his balls about regional activity! Win-Win ;)

Crushing Our Enemies:

Chasmanthe:
Romanoffia -Serious contender. Once something of a pariah, has regained a measure of popularity as justice. Can be somewhat controversial though.
Chasmanthe -Recently won his first TNP election. Little government experience beyond the AG's office. Active, but probably not popular enough to win a delegate election.
North East Somerset -Not active.
Sanctaria -Not active. Probably wouldn't win if he were, due to personal unpopularity.
Lord Ravenclaw -Has served in high positions in other GCRs, and has cabinet experience in TNP. If he builds his TNP resume a bit more, oossibly a future contender, but probably not this time around.
Zyvetskistaahn -Has done well in the Speaker's Office, but due to the somewhat apolitical nature of that office, probably not a good candidate for delegate yet. It will be interesting to see what he does after leaving the Speaker's Office...if he ever does...
SillyString -Unlikely to resign from the court. Tends not to run for a position unless she is confident of victory. Hated being delegate in another GCR. Could probably win an election somewhere down the line, but unlikely to ever run.
Elegarth -Long time TNPer, but if they have any government experience, it's from before I was around. Not a potential winner.
Lord Nwahs -Some experience in the Speaker's Office, but too new and unknown to run for delegate. A good Speaker candidate, perhaps.
Ator People -Unlikely to resign as Justice. Probably not looking for such a large commitment so soon after becoming active again. Potential future candidate.
Rach -Only recently rejoined, not active enough.
Once something of a pariah? :lol: :clap:

I don't know how to respond to that one. :lol:

Let's see. I've been in TNP exclusively for about 12 years under three WA nations over the years. Very few nations here can say that. I've served as MoC, MoD, MoFA, Speaker of the RA, Court Justice now and in the past, various deputy positions, etc.,,, personally convinced Gates to withdraw Gatesville forces from TNP despite everyone saying I couldn't do it (and managed to get Gates to publicly post that I should get complete credit for that). About the only positions I haven't served in are Vice Delegate and Delegate.

Yeah, I can be a pain in the arse from time to time, but I'm a lovable pain in the arse with a particularly maudlin sense of humor. :tb2: :P

I think I'd make an absolutely competent yet delightfully entertaining Delegate. And I'd promise to never make any posts containing bad puns without the express permission of my Cabinet, which is located in my kitchen, just next to the fridge.

And where is it required for someone to resign their current position in order to stand in an election for another position?

Chasmanthe:
Elegarth
I swear I was not aware I had a position at all... I am member of TNPs RA and I am also TP's ambassador to TNP, but I don't recall having any other position... This is enlightening...

Crushing Our Enemies:

Chasmanthe:
Well, I am not a long time TNPer, while I am a long time NPO member, almost 8 years soon, and I am also a Senator there... :p

I am flattered by the comments, tho... Somehow... lol... I am not intending to run for any positions in TNP for the time being, as I have not yet had the time to truly familiarize myself with the laws and bylaws of the region, something that I would totally require ME to do before even attempting to help as a Deputy anything.

My long-time TNPer comment was based on the age of your forum account - it didn't occur to me that you might have been here in other capacities before joining the RA :P

It's alright, COE :D

My account was created in my previous role as diplo of TP, a feeeeew years ago. Then it was inactive for a while. Thanks for the comment tho, my friend.

This is why I tend to use the post count rather than the date of account creation as an indicator of activity.

The base S.I. unit of post count is the "punkDaddy" (PD), which is equivalent to 1,912 posts.

Thus Elegarth, despite being on the forum since 2009, only has 0.059PD. I have a rating of 5.37PD

It's all scientific.

Elegarth:
Chasmanthe:
Elegarth
I swear I was not aware I had a position at all... I am member of TNPs RA and I am also TP's ambassador to TNP, but I don't recall having any other position... This is enlightening...
Apologies for the apparent inaccuracy here, I was referring to your position as a Senator in the line of succession to the delegacy of The Pacific. Our Pacifican comrades cannot physically follow the Emperor's decree to endorse The Seeker of Power when your WA nation is simultaneously Delegate of The North Pacific.

mcmasterdonia:
I agree that you're a lovable pain in the ass :P I also agree that you would make a competent and entertaining Delegate.

Many thanks for the compliment!

Great Bights Mum:
Yeah, 10,000+ posts. That's a lot of Flem. :P

That's because Flem is so very phlegmatic! :P

Chasmanthe:
Apologies for the apparent inaccuracy here, I was referring to your position as a Senator in the line of succession to the delegacy of The Pacific. Our Pacifican comrades cannot physically follow the Emperor's decree to endorse The Seeker of Power when your WA nation is simultaneously Delegate of The North Pacific.
Oh no CHas, not at all, I totally apologize! I never thought of this in relation to nations and you are right, my WA nation is tied in TP and hence, unless I stopped being an endorsee there, I would not be able to serve as your delegate. You are totally right and my mistake for thinking only in terms of TNP citizenship.

My apologies, friend!

Well I hope you'd have made that decision before you won the election personally. It'd be a massive slap in the face to voters if someone was elected and then they were like - "You know what? I'm not going to have my WA nation in TNP. Sorry." :P

Of course I know that Elegarth wouldn't do that to us ^_^

Back