Delegate?

Hello all! Here is the next in the series of "DD posts a thread way before it's customary"!

I am curious to see who is interested in throwing their hat in for the next Delegate election? And sorry to disappoint, but I will not be running for Delegate! I know, I know, but the weird thing is that I know what sort of real-life commitments I have, and what I want to do with my precious time, so I will not be running for a position I cannot devote myself to! Amazing, I say, the level of foresight I possess! I'd rather spend my free time this summer being free and running wild! :P

Anyway, I won't ask about the Vice Delegate race, because only boring people run for that because they are too scared to go for the big seat! :lol: Potential VD people can of course post their intentions here if they want anyway!

I created this thread because I honestly have no idea who is a viable candidate. I have half a mind (slight exaggeration maybe!) to introduce a constitutional amendment so McMasterdonia can run again, because I love him and think he is great, and he could win again. :)

So get your name out there early! Step up, and lets make this election cycle way more interesting!

Edit: Excessive exclamation! No regrets!! Poltsamaa lives!!

I wanted to run for VD before trying this, as gradual move, but if McM cannot repeat and you're not in the race, I'm seriously thinking about being a candidate.

And it would be a hell of a candidacy, you can count on that.

Lennart:
I wanted to run for VD before trying this, as gradual move...
Penicillin is quicker than running. :P :lol:

But seriously, one would have to be a stark raving mad to want to be Delegate. The question is, how stark raving mad am I?

sod-calm-and-go-stark-raving-mad.png

:cheese:

Oh noes, I'm wayyy too busy to run for Delegate. I'm an Asian, dammit, and I'm not saying that stereotypes about Asians (specifically the Chinese) are all that accurate, but they are accurate.

That did not make any sense at all.

I'll just say first that I'm open to running for some other position, or (maybe) holding a cabinet position sometime in the near future.

I'd be open to a constitutional amendment allowing Mcm to serve another term. Or as many as he can win. That said, I know he's considering taking a break from TNP politics for a while.

Not that anyone was considering it(and if you were, you cray cray), but I know people have fears so I'll say it anyway: I will not seek, nor will I accept the nomination of TNP for Delegate or Vice Delegate.

If someone wants to nominate me for a 10 hour long semi seriousness behind the veil of lulz campaign again I'm game. Hell might be good to have a political outsider in charge for awhile who would try in earnest to do a good job to the best of thier ability and have no ties to inside the beltway baseball or the Elumaniti.

Of course if McM wants to run for a 3rd consecutive term Id support an admendment. I like McM in my month here I think he does an awesomesauce of a job and wouldnt mind him for another term.(Mcm 4 life!)

Kiwi:
You're quite right DD, I plan to run for delegate next election.
Ba-boom! You heard it here first folks! :muffin:

Avalon, you should do what you feel is right. A Kiwi-Avalon ticket sounds pretty bad ass, and a good mix of competency and personality. ;)

Democratic Donkeys:
My guesses would be:

r3n, SillyString ( :o ), Kiwi, and Lord Nwahs, oh and Romanoffia! LOL!

Dark horse would be: Punk D :lol:
You forgot JAL and Blue Wolf.

Delegate? been there, done that. Nowadays I prefer to sit in a balcony and heckle.

14769354__346274c.jpg

mcmasterdonia:
flemingovia:
Nowadays I prefer to sit in a balcony and heckle.

14769354__346274c.jpg
How very honest of you. :P
Hmmm, how about standing in the Delegate's office and heckling? :lol:

Actually, I should run for Delegate. I mean, what would an election for Delegate be if I didn't run for the Hell of it? Why change such a tradition.

I'll be running on the Silly Stuff platform.

[flash]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ekr05T9Iaio[/flash]

I think you should make a serious run for Delegate. The campaign between you, Haor Chall and Eluvatar was exciting and focused on the issues. I think you could do that again and make a strong bid for office.

PaulWallLibertarian42:
Flem for Delegate! Cause I want to see you secular buggers bow down to the temple of flemingovia once again! And I volunteer to be an altar boy. ;)
Not gonna happen, on many levels.

The term limit debate has pushed me into seriously thinking about whether there is any truth in the idea that 95% of the RA is incapable of being delegate.

I'm looking at the membership rolls.

These people are already serving in a position they'd have to resign from to run for delegate here:
Romanoffia
Chasmanthe
North East Somerset
Sanctaria
Lord Ravenclaw
Zyvetskistaahn
SillyString
Elegarth
Lord Nwahs
Ator People
Rach

As far as I know, any of these people would probably be okay as delegate:
Grosseschnauzer
Pasargad
Blue Wolf II
Great Bights Mum
Kiwi
Lord Byron
Democratic Donkeys
Lennart
Crushing Our Enemies
Flemingovia
Geniva
Abacathea
r3naissanc3r
Gladio
Mall

So I think we should ask how deficient is that pool of candidates? What makes everybody so far short of McM? Between April and May can they close that gap and win the support of the voters?

My favourite choices to next delegate would be Blue Wolf II, Grosseschnauzer, Flemingovia, Romanoffia, SillyString, Democratic Donkeys or Lennart.

The only people who've won a delegate election in my time are Elu, McM and Jamie. Two of those literally burnt out, and the other one is currently serving his 8th consecutive month, 2nd consecutive term, 4th term overall.

If the people knew more about what the delegate is up against when pressure is at its worst, then I think there would be more understanding. Spectators don't see all the effort that gets put into this game behind closed doors.

My comments in green.
Chasmanthe:
Grosseschnauzer -Retired from electoral politics
Pasargad -Somewhat inactive right now
Blue Wolf II -Too many RL commitments, I think. But possible.
Great Bights Mum -Not formally retired from politics (as far as I know) but has refused every nomination since I've joined the region
Kiwi -Serious possibility
Lord Byron -Little experience in government positions, but name recognition is there. The campaign would matter.
Democratic Donkeys -Not interested/too busy to run
Lennart -Has served in cabinet positions. Possible, but not very vocal, and thus not terribly well-defined as a personality within the region. Activity is well-documented, but I couldn't tell you much of anything about him. Campaign would have to be very extensive to have a chance of winning, I think.
Crushing Our Enemies -Upcoming absence over the summer makes a run prohibitive. Besides, I'm a raider who joined fewer than 5 years ago, which puts a hard limit on electoral ambitions. It takes awhile for the inherent distrust of raiders to wear off.
Flemingovia -Too disillusioned with TNP political life.
Geniva -Some experience in the executive, but joined less than a year ago. Probably not a serious candidate.
Abacathea -More vocal than most, which makes it seem like he's been around longer, but he only joined 6 months ago. Again, probably not a serious possibility.
r3naissanc3r -Very active legislator and key member of the executive branch. Qualifications are there, but I'm not sure if he's motivated to become a feeder delegate. Also, because of his active legislation, he can be somewhat controversial.
Gladio -Decorated NPA member and active membership over close to two years. If he had more government experience outside of the military, I would consider him more viable.
Mall -You clearly know nothing about Mall.

Crushing Our Enemies:
My comments in green.
Chasmanthe:
Great Bights Mum -Not formally retired from politics (as far as I know) but has refused every nomination since I've joined the region
Lord Byron -Little experience in government positions, but name recognition is there. The campaign would matter.
Lennart -Has served in cabinet positions. Possible, but not very vocal, and thus not terribly well-defined as a personality within the region. Activity is well-documented, but I couldn't tell you much of anything about him. Campaign would have to be very extensive to have a chance of winning, I think.
Crushing Our Enemies -Upcoming absence over the summer makes a run prohibitive. Besides, I'm a raider who joined fewer than 5 years ago, which puts a hard limit on electoral ambitions. It takes awhile for the inherent distrust of raiders to wear off.
Geniva -Some experience in the executive, but joined less than a year ago. Probably not a serious candidate.
Abacathea -More vocal than most, which makes it seem like he's been around longer, but he only joined 6 months ago. Again, probably not a serious possibility.
r3naissanc3r -Very active legislator and key member of the executive branch. Qualifications are there, but I'm not sure if he's motivated to become a feeder delegate. Also, because of his active legislation, he can be somewhat controversial.
Gladio -Decorated NPA member and active membership over close to two years. If he had more government experience outside of the military, I would consider him more viable.
Looks like the Candidacy of PaulWallLibertatian42, a lesser known newcomer with a work ethic of trying his best at something he sets his mind on, is looking more possible. +cookies for all the Regional Assembly!

You'd probably get 3 or 4 joke votes, depending on if there were any other joke candidates around.

You authored a bill that looks like it's going to pass - that is uncommon for someone who's arrived as recently as you did. You're doing well for a new-comer, and I think you have a lot of potential here, but you're not a contender for the delegacy. My advice: study the laws, keep paying attention in RA debates, court matters, and executive stuff, and learn as much as you can. But don't run for elected office until you are confident that you have all the knowledge and skills you need to do a good job. I don't think you're there yet.

Crushing Our Enemies:
My comments in green.
Chasmanthe:
Nice analysis, COE!

I would add that Lennart's activity on the OOC forums helps define him as a personality in TNP. :tb2:

Also, as for COE, I think he's been here longer than Jamie was when he became Delegate. If he wanted policy changes regarding the NPA's orientaion, that would hurt him. But I know he is more astute than to push an unpopular platform.

Crushing Our Enemies:
You'd probably get 3 or 4 joke votes, depending on if there were any other joke candidates around.

You authored a bill that looks like it's going to pass - that is uncommon for someone who's arrived as recently as you did. You're doing well for a new-comer, and I think you have a lot of potential here, but you're not a contender for the delegacy. My advice: study the laws, keep paying attention in RA debates, court matters, and executive stuff, and learn as much as you can. But don't run for elected office until you are confident that you have all the knowledge and skills you need to do a good job. I don't think you're there yet.
To be fair. It was already discussed just needed to be reintroduced. All i did was reintroduce it with the feedback provided.

Great Bights Mum:
Crushing Our Enemies:
My comments in green.
Chasmanthe:
Nice analysis, COE!

I would add that Lennart's activity on the OOC forums helps define him as a personality in TNP. :tb2:

Also, as for COE, I think he's been here longer than Jamie was when he became Delegate. If he wanted policy changes regarding the NPA's orientaion, that would hurt him. But I know he is more astute than to push an unpopular platform.
Actually as far as I know, Jamie was in the Regional Assembly before I was. His activity just wasn't as high for that entire time.

I obviously disagree that Mall would be a good Delegate in reference to Chas's post.

I also disagree with COE, that his raider past would limit him from having a successful run at the office of Delegate. From what I've seen, any issues people have with you is entirely unrelated to your military alignment and it certainly wouldn't prevent most people from voting for you (in my opinion). I think you could make a very strong run and win it when the time was right.

mcmasterdonia:
I obviously disagree that Mall would be a good Delegate in reference to Chas's post.
I accept your ringing endorsement of me as a great candidate, not just a good candidate.

I don't feel at this time I'd have anything I could bring to the role of Del. I think COE's assessment of me is probably fair, in a "I'm not sure how to take that kind of way" :P

However, vice might suit me as a launching platform ;)

Sanctaria:
What position would I have to resign from to run for Delegacy :S
Delegate-nearly-elect of the IDU.

Mall:
mcmasterdonia:
I accept your ringing endorsement of me as a great candidate, not just a good candidate.

I probably didn't give enough weight to the possibility that Mall might grief the region and go inactive, but anyway, sometimes that's what people are looking for in a delegate. Mall frequently gets a lot of votes in our elections.

Thanks COE for your insightful comments, and I think you'd make a much better delegate than Mall, for many reasons.

Democratic Donkeys:
Noooooo, I was only joking! I already bought a new pack, I'm basically committed at this point.
*sniff, sniff* A new backpack -- I think I'll sharpen my claws a bit by ripping it to shreds. #DemocaticDonkeys4Delegate.

>^,,^<
Alunya

Back