Books you want to read but havent been bothered to yet

Mockingjay. Because of that Catching Fire cliffhanger, I don't want to wait for the rest of movies to come out.

Even tho, movies are great since I get a senior citizen discount now. Took the kids to see the Lego movie on Sunday. It was "awesome." ;)

I want to read a good biography on Julius Caesar. I already read an accounting of The Twelve Caesars by a certain grammaticus, but something more modern and thoroughly researched is what I am interested in. Not to say that Suetonius was bad, I really liked the gossip, but I am looking for something perhaps a tad more... accurate?

I was given a reading list by my sister last year, it hasn't been touched yet.

Copied from the list:

-Hush Hush
-Crescendo
-Silence
-Finale
-Fallen
-Torment
-Passion
-Rapture.
-Fallen in Love (optional, it's only a novella.)
-Skulduggery Pleasant
-Skulduggery Pleasant: Playing With Fire.
-Skulduggery Pleasant: The Faceless Ones.
-Skulduggery Pleasant: Dark Days.
-Skulduggery Pleasant: Mortal Coil.
-Skulduggery Pleasant: Death Bringer.
-Skulduggery Pleasant: Kingdom Of The Wicked.
-Skulduggery Pleasant: End Of The World.
-Evernight
-Stargazer
-Hourglass
-After Life
-Evermore
-Blue Moon
-Dark Flame
-Night Star
-Hollow
Demon Trappers series

The Goldfinch by Donna Tartt.
I read a little synopsis about it on a website and it is has won the Pulitzer Award.
So I am looking forward to reading it these coming days.

Thanks,

~Tomb

I need to read my history readings before my exams in two weeks time, but I've barely started. FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

So many. A couple of the ones I'm most anxious to dig into:

Tesla: A Portrait with Masks (Vladimir Pistalo)
Guns, Germs, and Steel (Jared Diamond)
West of the Revolution (Claudio Saunt)
The Enemy at the Gate (Andrew Wheatcroft)
How We Got to Know (Steven Johnson)

And, two of the stranger ones:
Oxford Atlas of the World (21st Edition)
The Natural History of Unicorns (Chris Lavers)

I think that my atlas is so awesome. It seems like it tells me everything I could ever want to know about geography, weather, tides, or currents, plus it gives a little information on topics as diverse as economy, culture, and astronomy. My schoolwide Geography Bee finals are coming up soon, too, and I'm going to try to become a back-to-back champion, so there's a practical element to it, as well.
I feel I've got to explain my choice on my last book, lest I seem crazy. The unicorn book traces the history of unicorns - where the legend likely began, what serious people regarded them as real back in the day (not too long ago, actually, I think), what they believed about the unicorn, their presence in various cultures, etc.; it doesn't actually say that unicorns are real or anything like that. I started it a year or two ago, but I couldn't really get into it. I'll try again soon. Some books are like that; you just have to give it a little bit of time, and then they become interesting.

As you can see, I'm more of a nonfiction kind of guy; however, I'm reading The Count of Monte Cristo right now, and though it's an abridged version, I'm really liking it.

How To Win Friends & Influence People, all that jazz.

Thinking about it makes my introvert self want to curl up into a ball and hide but sacrifices must be made for the sake of societal standards. uhg.

Back