Just like a queef in the wind, so is life
-
-
-
TNP Nation
McMasterdonia
Voting: Election for Attorney General
ec-seal.png

Voting is now open at (time=1394790180) and will close in five days at (time=1395222180)

Please do not post anything other than your ballot in this thread. If you have any questions please send them directly to the voting booth or start a new thread. Additional and unnecessary comments will be removed.

You may vote privately by sending a PM to The Voting Booth. The Election Commissioners will promptly announce private votes, so it is recommended that you do not post in this thread to state that you have voted privately.

The option to reopen nominations is not included as this is the second round of voting.

Election Commissioners: McMasterdonia, Cormac

Code:
[b]TNP Nation[/b]

[b]Attorney General:[/b] Chasmanthe | Geniva | Empire of Narnia | Gracius Maximus | Treize Dreizehn | Abstain

It has come to the attention of the Election Commissioners that Gracius Maximus and Treize_Dreizehn are ineligible to run for Attorney General due to Section 4.2, subsections 4 and 6 of the Legal Code:

4. "Candidates" are those citizens who declare themselves, or have accepted a nomination by another Assembly member preceding the close of nominations, as a candidate for an office to be chosen at that election. Candidates may only stand for one office during a given Election Cycle. . . .

6. "Election Cycle" is defined as the period of time that begins on the first day on which nominations, or a declaration, of candidacy are made and concludes with the final declaration of results for an election. The dates for the Election Cycle will be designated at least 30 days in advance by the Delegate .
Due to this error, the candidacies of Gracius Maximus and Treize_Dreizehn are voided as ineligible. Given that proper notification of this ineligibility during the nomination process may have affected nominations, this vote is interrupted and voided, and nominations will be reopened for an additional 48 hours.

The Election Commissioners regret this error and thank the Regional Assembly for their patience as we interpret the new Reopen Nominations provisions for the first time.

they are not eligible to stand, but as I see the law they are not ineligible to hold the office of Attorney General. therefore RA members could, if they wished, write-in the name of their preferred office holder. Therefore I can still vote for Gracius Maximus, even though he is not allowed to stand.

Is that how you see the election law too?

This isn't official until I've spoken with Mcmasterdonia as we make official decisions as Election Commissioners in consultation with each other, but that would appear to be a correct interpretation of the law.

On the other hand, the law on elections is such a cluster... bomb that I really have no damn idea what the correct interpretation is anymore. Fantastic job, Regional Assembly.

Back