Order of Succession update

Hello everyone (all ten of you that regularly comment on legislative matters)!

I have been in consultation with our Delegate about updating the order of succession due to levels of activity of Security Council members, and an addition to the SC. The current order is as follows:

Delegate
Vice Delegate
Great Bights Mum- 262 Endorsements
Former English Colony- 274 Endorsements
Blackshear- 294 Endorsements
Romanoffia- 390 Endorsements
McMasterdonia- 461 Endorsements
Grosseschnauzer- 298 Endorsements
Democratic Donkeys- 383 Endorsements
Lennart- 322 Endorsements

Proposed OoS:

Delegate
Vice Delegate
Romanoffia
McMasterdonia
Blackshear
Democratic Donkeys
Grosseschnauzer
Lennart
Great Bight's Mum
Lord Byron
Former English Colony

Thoughts? I attempted to balance levels of activity with length of SC membership, with activity being somewhat more important.

SC Alerts is updated by Eluvatar, and he is absent for the time being.

To be frank, GBM and FEC are both inactive. That is not a value judgement on their performance, it is the simple reality. Does it make sense to have an order of succession where the two nations beyond the Delegate and Vice Delegate log into their nation once every few weeks?

The line of succession needs to reflect both trustworthiness and present activity. It is relatively easy to update when needed, and it does require an update right now.

Former English Colony is away without notice and GBM is on a leave of absence. Romanoffia has been the most active SC member in terms of keeping his endorsement levels high and at present would inherit the Delegacy should both DD and myself be recalled from office (or if we both simultaneously resign) both are unlikely scenarios, but still the line of succession exists for such unlikely scenarios. If activity levels significantly change again we can introduce another amendment.

That said I support this, I think it is an accurate reflection of the current state of things.

A[[aremy;u I'm dyill in the doghouse even though I have been on the SC for three years plus, and being a former Delegate. So much for the claim of ranking by activity and experience, haven't I been insulted enough?

This is a discussion thread, not a place to exercise a persecution complex. Do you want to be placed above me? I had only put you below because you are fairly inactive in terms of endorsement count.

As far as I knew Grosse your activity was still somewhat limited due to weather and work issues. It isn't intended to be insulting. If you tart up to a similar level as Romanoffia then it would make sense to have you placed near the top.

McM, if you check the graphs Elu's bots create in the records area of the SC, you'll see that I have been busy endorsing everyone I can and do so constantly (except for Blue Wolf as is my standing policy); I can't force people to reciprocate, especially newly arrived or newly joined WA nations.

And I'm not sure it's appropriate for SC members who are currently serving as Delegate and Vice Delegate to appear on the list twice. If they're not available as Delegate or Vice Delegate, being on the list a second time isn't going to help things.

Grosseschnauzer:
McM, if you check the graphs Elu's bots create in the records area of the SC, you'll see that I have been busy endorsing everyone I can and do so constantly (except for Blue Wolf as is my standing policy); I can't force people to reciprocate, especially newly arrived or newly joined WA nations.

And I'm not sure it's appropriate for SC members who are currently serving as Delegate and Vice Delegate to appear on the list twice. If they're not available as Delegate or Vice Delegate, being on the list a second time isn't going to help things.
I think it's fairly clear the the list could've excised the Del and ViceDel. They're just at the top of the published list for clarity. The list makes sense to me as it is.

That said, the OOS should be updated regularly with the names of the active and best endorsed nations... even if it's outside your power, you have less endorsements than others, so it would be less secure and feasible for you to be above those with higher endorsement counts. It's not about ego or power, it's about security.

I'll support this if we can easily arrange the list again when FEC and/or GBM give any sign of activity, I think that's the fair thing to do.

Yes, that would be nice. That is why I put Grosseschnauzer where I did. He does endorse all of the nations in the region regularly, but he does not telegram, so his level is usually below 300.

The Line of Succession is relatively easy to change when we wish to do so. Naturally I would be in favour of keeping it as up to date as possible, so when GBM and FEC return to high activity I would support changing it again.

Legislation is currently under consideration in the Regional Assembly which will sort out the upsets that seem to be generated by the Line of Succession.

I am trying to read this and im trying to figure out what line of secession is refered to here? I know I am a junior newly appointed member of the RA. Im kinda getting my feet wet here. My opinion is: i feel the delegate has been elected and entrusted with leadership he should be allowed to name his own line of secession. That is if that is the line of secession we are refering to.

In the OP it reads:
Delegate
Vice Delegate
Great Bights Mum- 262 Endorsements
Former English Colony- 274 Endorsements
Blackshear- 294 Endorsements
Romanoffia- 390 Endorsements
McMasterdonia- 461 Endorsements
Grosseschnauzer- 298 Endorsements
Democratic Donkeys- 383 Endorsements
Lennart- 322 Endorsements

Proposed OoS:

Delegate
Vice Delegate
Romanoffia
McMasterdonia
Blackshear
Democratic Donkeys
Grosseschnauzer
Lennart
Great Bight's Mum
Lord Byron
Former English Colony

What confuses me is the top of the list is says Delegate and Vice Delegate then futher down it mentions McM and DD by name...yet they are delegate and vice delegate so shouldnt they be the first two mentioned at the top? Not rementioned again later on?

PWL42,

There is an OOS for Regional Stability in case the Elected Delegate and Vice Delegate can no longer perform the duty of Delegate.
Here the Constitution (Article 6) states that the RA may adopt an OOS using members of the SC.
The current OOS is listed here.
In the current situation, the Delegate and Vice Delegate (McMasterdonia and DD) both happen to be on the SC. But, the OOS will apply going forward even when they are no longer in office.

I see well thanks for clarifying.

I see no issue with this. I feel the delegates should be able to appoint and change the Order at anytime. So if this comes to a vote ill vote in favor.

Back