COE Resigns

Discord
COE#7110
Effective immediately, I am resigning from the Court.

I'm working towards an education degree, and this is my student teaching semester. I didn't anticipate that I would be quite this busy this early in the term, but I am. I thought I would be able to stick it out through the end of the judicial term, but I cannot. The fact is that I am too busy to justify spending more than a few minutes on NationStates each day. I will retain my membership in the Regional Assembly, and continue to serve actively in that body, but I do not have the available energy or time to help draft or revise court opinions. If I had foreseen this development, I would not have run for Court, but unfortunately, I was unprepared for these developments.

I am willing to continue moderating Flem v Grosse, should Roman see fit to appoint me THO in that case (he is now the only Justice remaining on that case, since I never got around to appointing a THO to replace Flem). There is also the matter of filling the position of Chief Justice. As I understand the law, Flem and Roman will need to immediately choose one from among themselves - I am sure they will pick wisely.

My apologies for biting off more than I could chew. Life happens. I wish the best of luck to whoever wins the election to replace me. It is unlikely that I will seek any elected or appointed position earlier than next May, when my student teaching will be over.

Thank you for your service to the Court, and good luck to your future students :) I thought you were already a teacher.

I'll miss you working here and I hope you return soon.

Sorry to see you go.

I will make a notation that you will be appointed THO in Flem v. Grosse in that thread so that you can continue moderating that case.

Thank you COE for your constant hard work and good effort on the Court. I hope that when real life allows you will return to us here and seek higher office ;)

Good luck my friend.

Congrats on your teaching life, COE! Given the lectures I've received from you, I know you'll run a very tight classroom.

Good luck on your student teaching!

(and if you think you're busy now, just wait until your first year of teaching full-time!)

@ COE -

My experience in teaching has led me to these valuable conclusions...

High School students think they know everything.

Undergrad students know they don't know everything but want to learn everything.

Graduate students know they don't know everything but think they know more than the professors.

Post Graduate Students know they know more than the professors but soon realize that they indeed know nothing at all.

PhDs know more and more about less and less until finally they know everything about nothing. :P

Back