[Complete]Passed: Repeal "Liberate Region of reunited muslim states" [Complete]

Cove

TNPer
SECURITY COUNCIL PROPOSAL
ID: feux_1370650616

Repeal "Liberate Region of reunited muslim states"
A resolution to repeal previously passed legislation.

Category: Repeal

Resolution: SC#88

Proposed by: Feux

Description: WA Security Council Resolution #88: Liberate Region of reunited muslim states shall be struck out and rendered null and void.

Argument: The Security Council,

Recognizing the horrors endured by the native community under the destructive occupation conducted by The Black Riders at the time of Security Council resolution # 88's composition;

Noting since the passing of Security Council resolution # 88, Region of Reunited Muslim States, otherwise known as RORMS, has been refounded;

Saddened in the lack of a regional community within RORMS to which the liberation resolution would hold responsibility to;

Understanding that the absence of a regional community is not due entirely to the destructive events of The Black Riders’ invasion but more accredited to time’s corroding affects on the region;

Believing that the fate of RORMS is no longer any business of the Security Council, and Security Council resolution # 88 holds no purpose;

Hereby Repeals: “Liberate Region of Reunited Muslim States”

Please vote 'For', 'Against', 'Abstain' or 'Present'.

Just going to state my personal thoughts on this one (which is something I intend to do on future proposals) - personally, I'm for this resolution, because the liberation resolution has no use anymore. The region has a founder, which makes the liberation powerless, I will always support the repealing of useless resolutions which no longer have any value. Some have stated that this resolution could potentially protect a potential future community from being destroyed, but that argument is flawed. I will point out that the founder is active, and the region is passworded by the founder, therefore, in its current state, if the founder CTE'd, the region would also CTE, which would again, remove any use the liberation proposal has. Alternatively, if a community was formed in the region, the argument that it protects the community does have some merit. However, its a double-edged sword, since natives would also be unable to implement a password in order to protect their region.

So overall, my personal opinion would be For this resolution, I'll note my opinion is not stated here to persuade any voters either way, but more to put forward my own perspective on this issue. As always, I will follow the vote here, regardless of personal opinions.

"Repeal "Liberate Region of reunited muslim states" was passed 8,733 votes to 2,193."

Voting on this resolution has ended.

Thanks to those nations who cast their votes. Your participation is a great help to the region.

This topic has been locked and sent to the Archives for safekeeping. If you would like this topic to be re-opened for further discussion, please contact the WA Delegate, a Global Moderator, or an Administrator for assistance. Thank you.

Voting on this resolution has ended.

Thanks to those nations who cast their votes. Your participation is a great help to the region.

This topic has been locked and sent to the Archives for safekeeping. If you would like this topic to be re-opened for further discussion, please contact the WA Delegate, a Global Moderator, or an Administrator for assistance. Thank you.

Back