I give up.

Abbey

TNPer
I resign. I am sick and tired of spending exorbitant amounts of what free time I have right now doing Court stuff, and only ever getting crap from pretty much everyone for doing so. No matter what I do, in the eyes of a big group of people, it is always wrong. People complain rulings aren't long enough, so we post one that is more detailed, and then get moaned at for it being too detailed. Same goes for speed.

I'm getting absolutely no enjoyment out of this, and ultimately I'm playing a game, and when I'm getting nothing but stress and frustration out of it, something's gone wrong somewhere along the line.

In order for a Court to work well, it has to work together, to talk to each other. Not "Say nothing and bitch later." I hope that whoever replaces me finds a way to tie the Court together, in a way I just wasn't able to do.

I've said this before, but it needs to be said again. The Court is not the solution to all of the region's problems. The Court will do its best to rule on what it's given, as much as that is sometimes an absolute mess to try and figure out. The region as a whole would be better placed to try and figure out its problems before it runs to the Court. And when it does go to the Court, it should not be surprised when what the Court decide isn't always what it wanted the Court to decide. That is the price you pay for running to the Court.

So yeah. I resign as a Justice. Good luck to whoever replaces me, and Sanc and punk, try your best to actually work together in the meantime.

-Abbey.

Sorry to see you go Abbey. I would be remiss to ask if you could try to hang on for another month.

It has not been an easy process, we know, but you have done the best you could do.

Well I was going to wait until the 1st of July to do this, because then the Legal Code covers not having to have a special election since we wouldn't be able to finish it before the Justice Election Cycle starts, but since Abbey has now resigned and triggered that special election, I'm going to throw in my immediate resignation too.

My intentions to retire after this term were already well known and thus this somewhat early retirement should be of no surprise. I'd like to thank Abbey for her service, and I hope we can work together soon again.

I understand that some may be disappointed that I won't just wait the month or so, but the reality is I will be unable to work amiably with the remaining members of the bench. Such would be detrimental to the Court workings and, as such, a failing of both myself, and my oath.

So thanks Abbey for your service, and please consider this my resignation too.

That's very sad and I'm sorry that both of you are leaving, but for Abbey especially I think that the fact you had the guts to say and go through with this is great and I'm happy you're going for getting the most out of this. Enjoy life without this black hole, and I mean it.

No hard feelings from me. Good luck with stuff.

P.S. Also, prepare to get totally wasted in this week's TNPSP. Sorry, no hard feelings, but it's good satire.

Well, it looks like both of you did a lot of work for the Court so bravo on a job well done.

I wish (for very selfish reasons) that you had waited just one more week. :P

Thanks for your service Abbey.

I can't help but think everyone involved in Court stuff is not having a good time...

Gracius Maximus:
Well, it looks like both of you did a lot of work for the Court so bravo on a job well done.

I wish (for very selfish reasons) that you had waited just one more week. :P
Of course you would. And Applaud you for that! :D

Back