"Iron Lady" Margaret Thatcher Dies Aged 87

mcmasterdonia

Just like a queef in the wind, so is life
-
-
-
TNP Nation
McMasterdonia
Margaret Thatcher, Prime Minister of Britain from 1979 to 1990, has died following a stroke, aged 87. Margaret Thatcher was the longest serving 20th Century Prime Minister and is the only female Prime Minister in British history.

Thatcher is often most strongly associated with the modernization of the British Economy, the Falklands war, criticisms that she did not do enough to pursue the feminist agenda, and developing a strong working relationship with the Reagan Administration of the USA.

Reagan%27s_-_Thatcher%27s_c50515-16.jpg

The Thatcher's with the Reagans before a state dinner at the White House.

Thatcher narrowly escaped injury in an IRA assassination attempt in the Brighton hotel on 12 October 1984. Thatcher was staying at the hotel to attend the Conservative Party Conference, the attempt on her life did not deter her and she continued to deliver her speech as planned that gained her widespread political support and enhanced her standing with the public.

In many ways Margaret Thatcher was a polarizing figure, some loved her, and others loved to hate her. There were often claims of a rift between Prime Minister Thatcher and Queen Elizabeth II, which both women strongly refuted. With Thatcher responding after her retirement that she "always found the Queen's attitude towards the work of the Government absolutely correct ... stories of clashes between 'two powerful women' were just too good not to make up"

In recent years, Thatcher rarely appeared in public and was suffering from Dementia. Thatcher died today after suffering a stroke. Like her, or hate her, Margaret Thatcher has left a permanent mark on British politics and will be forever remembered.

mcmasterdonia:
Thatcher is often most strongly associated with the modernization of the British Economy, the Falklands war, criticisms that she did not do enough to pursue the feminist agenda, and developing a strong working relationship with the Reagan Administration of the USA.
Outside of the UK maybe. Inside of it she's mostly known for the Falklands and the systematic destruction of British industry and the impoverishment of millions. Communities in the north, Scotland and Wales still haven't recovered to this day.

Eddie did it
156bhh1.jpg

Also neoliberal economy, political conservatism... I'm definitely not a fan of hers.

madjack:
mcmasterdonia:
Outside of the UK maybe. Inside of it she's mostly known for the Falklands and the systematic destruction of British industry and the impoverishment of millions. Communities in the north, Scotland and Wales still haven't recovered to this day.
:clap:

Perfectly true, madjack!

I'm not British but I admire her as a political leader. You can disagree with me but I think she was actually very wise.

So may she rest in peace.

They're going to have to guard her grave night and day or it will be desecrated.

Easily the most hated British politician of the 20th century.

I think that it is sad that people would stoop to the level of destroying someones graves. It doesn't undo the damage done.

Recently, a grave of a girl that I went to school with was vandalized and smashed. One of the worst things for grieving parents and siblings to have to see when they went to lay flowers their the next day.

mcmasterdonia:
I think that it is sad that people would stoop to the level of destroying someones graves. It doesn't undo the damage done.

Recently, a grave of a girl that I went to school with was vandalized and smashed. One of the worst things for grieving parents and siblings to have to see when they went to lay flowers their the next day.
Really? People can be so bad :no:

Alicia DiLaurentis:
mcmasterdonia:

Really? People can be so bad :no:
That's why I'll be cremated.

No drunkards pissing on my resting place, no black metal kiddies screwing around and painting inverted crosses.

Now, that reminds me of an episode of my strange addiction, in which a widow was eating her husband's ashes ... eughhh.

lol... I digress

Belschaft:
They're going to have to guard her grave night and day or it will be desecrated.

Hated largely by only the welfare class, drones and other people who don't like to actually work for a living but would rather suck off the dole. :P

Romanoffia:
Belschaft:

Hated largely by only the welfare class, drones and other people who don't like to actually work for a living but would rather suck off the dole. :P
What a load of bollocks.

Hated by the Scots, hated by the Irish, hated by the Welsh, hated by North, hate by the Midlands. Hated by Liverpool, hated by London, hated by Bradford. Hated by the millions of peoples who's lives she destroyed, who's job she's took away, who's parents she killed. Hated by those who saw their lives get worse on her watch. Hated by the shipbuilders, the miners, the doctors, the teachers, the steelworkers. Loved by the stockbrokers, the city traders, by Rupert. Not by many others.

Belschaft:
Romanoffia:
Belschaft:

What a load of bollocks.

Hated by the Scots, hated by the Irish, hated by the Welsh, hated by North, hate by the Midlands. Hated by Liverpool, hated by London, hated by Bradford. Hated by the millions of peoples who's lives she destroyed, who's job she's took away, who's parents she killed. Hated by those who saw their lives get worse on her watch. Hated by the shipbuilders, the miners, the doctors, the teachers, the steelworkers. Loved by the stockbrokers, the city traders, by Rupert. Not by many others.
And yet, she was reelected several times. And John Major succeeded to win an election after she left the job. An interesting way for the public to express their hatred.

I'm not denying that she was hated by many - I wasn't there. But it's also clear that many liked her, and she did well in the polls for a lot of her tenure.

mcmasterdonia:
Belschaft:
Romanoffia:
Belschaft:

What a load of bollocks.

And yet, she was reelected several times. And John Major succeeded to win an election after she left the job. An interesting way for the public to express their hatred.

I'm not denying that she was hated by many - I wasn't there. But it's also clear that many liked her, and she did well in the polls for a lot of her tenure.
Winning a war makes you popular, oddly.

But the damage she did was such that it was only felt widely during the later years, as she became more and more incompetent and wildly right wing as seen by the Poll Tax and by Section 28 of the Local Government Act 1988 which set the LGBT rights movement back by decades.

Romanoffia:
No wonder she was hated by so many then... She certainly put plenty of people on the dole.

Mmmm debating on Margret Thatchers legacy and the way she left Britain on her policies, taxes, legislation's, and her wining of the Falklands war.

We'll to say she may have not seen the side of the people but she did improve the economy by privatizing coal and mine industries and winning Britain the Falklands War. So she is bad and good at the same time.:D

But she began to fade a little during the end of her term as Prime minister but she was a hard, stubborn leader and that is why i admire her and SOME of her policies. The poll tax made her jump of the cliff:(

But i guess she was also very clever for the statement she made so in my opinion she was , in a way, like Mao Zedong a few part god a few part bad,. ( when i say she like Mao i dont mean the things she did, i mean Mao was also a great leader but he was also partly bad.

Back