A petition

I would like to put forward a motion to petition Romanoffia, for not fulfilling his duties as Minister of Communications. I am hoping that these means may serve as an alternative to recalling, which I do not believe is warranted at this time.

Here is the petition for consideration by the Regional Assembly:

petition:
An open letter to the Minister of Communications Romanoffia:

Minister,

It has come to the attention of this assembly that during your term as Minister of Communications, you have failed to uphold the standards demanded by the position you hold. Most notably, your ministry has failed to maintain the North Pacific Wire, a beloved source of news to our region. We strongly believe that it is in the best interest to maintain this news wire, in order to keep our citizens informed, as well as informing the population at large about the current events in the North Pacific.

We, the members of the Regional Assembly, strongly request that you bring TNP Wire up to date, as well as maintain it, and continue to execute your duties. Consider this a warning before we seek a recall.

With respect,
The Regional Assembly

Coauthored by Funkadelia

I am deeply disturbed by this petition, as it is clear that I have done far less than Roman and have not faced any consequences whatsoever, even though I recently have promised to make actual progress.

Welllll.... since we didn't elect Roman, does he really need to care what the RA thinks? He serves at the pleasure of the delegate. If BW is happy, then he must be doing something right.

Great Bights Mum:
Welllll.... since we didn't elect Roman, does he really need to care what the RA thinks? He serves at the pleasure of the delegate. If BW is happy, then he must be doing something right.
Yes he should care. Any Executive differ may be recalled.

I would encourage the petitioner to simply seek signatures for his petition, and submit it to Romanoffia's office when he feels he has enough, rather than move this to a vote. A vote is an unnecessary procedure in this case, since it has no legally binding effect. Furthermore, a satisfactory number of signatures may be received in fewer than 7 days.

If the petitioner insists on moving this to a vote, I will allow it to proceed. However, since it purports to represent the will of every member of the RA ("We, the members of the Regional Assembly ... With respect, The Regional Assembly,") it will require a unanimous vote to pass. A wiser, and likely more successful course of action would be to seek signatures, either by private message, in this thread, or in a new thread.

Back