February 2013 Update

borduriaa

TNPer
Foreign Dispatch:

I. GFN refounded by CoC:

The past few days were very hectic. The Commonwealth of Crowns is pleased to announce that we could secure justice for the residents of the Global Federation of Nations, who were unceremoniously ejected by their erstwhile founder, City of New Global .
At the request of the GFN natives, led by Herlosk, the CoC refounded the region after it was abandoned by it's past founder and GFN has been handed over to the natives. The native region of Herlosk was made Governor of the region. This gave new lease of life to the GFN and earned the natives' praise.

In the events that followed, the past founder of GFN, Wiendonia, demanded that the CoC give back total control of the region to their nation. The threat of war loomed large on the region as Wiendonia did not wish to accept anything short of full founder control of the region.

The Chancellor of the CoC ,Lentheric pragmatically nominated a few members including Borduria, Belhorizon, Noorderkwartier and REC observer Imperial Yamea to negotiate with Wiendonia in a specially created zone--The Cavern. Although Wiendonia tried to internationalize the issue, he could not get any support from any region.

Ultimately, breakthrough was achieved after initial failures in talks and Wiendonia accepted the Cavern Accord, which gave him an opportunity to revive the GFN and the founding nation would be controlled by CoC.

With the signing of the Accord, Chancellor Lentheric addressed the region as follows:-
Communique from the office of The Chancellor of The Commonwealth of Crowns to the all member nations:
Member Nations of The Commonwealth of Crowns

It is with a heart filled with gladness that I announce the end of a matter which had the region on edge. I am please to announce that Wiendonia has accepted our terms to a peaceful resolution allowing him the position of World Assembly Delegate of the Global Federation of Nations.

I acknowledge nations such as Belhorizon, Borduriaa, Noorderkwatier, The Quadruplet Alliance and many other nations who has selfilessly given their time to bring the matter to a peaceful resolution. Your hard work and dedication is much refreshing and I personally celebrate in YOUR victory. A victory that has captured and moved the hearts of many nations within the region. You have been passive, objective and humble while dealing with Wiendonia, this region and its Government, and I salute you for that.

I further would personally like to thank Wiendonia for accepting the proposal, thus brining an end to possible conflict. I look forward to forming relationships with the regions in question and I hope that you will live up to what you told us, that you will forget the past and move to grow the regions in a positive manner.

To the region I would like to say, that as your elected leader I will not apologize for asserting my authority as it is expected of me to not only lead by words, but by example as well. I look to you to take up arms in the event a member of the elected government does not fulfil his/her duty, a duty which is owed to you and a duty which is expected to be completed. The region's well being and security is my first priority and it shall be defended with whatever might I have. The Government might be in authority, but we are under your authority as well, and we cannot function unless you keep us accountable.

The Minister of Foreign Affairs along with the Deputy Minister will conduct further mediation between Wiendonia and The CoC to help Wiendonia restructure the regions.

I again wish them well and again I thank you all for your patience, hard work and dedication.

I now ask the region to do business as usual and for the Ministers to check the forum for your new duties. I will contact you individually for further discussions.

Yours in service to The Commonwealth

The Chancellor

Regional news:

Meanwhile in Crowns City, the official HQRs of CoC, the 3 member International Crowns Court (ICC) was elected with Borduria as Chief Justice and Vetega and Oberseewald as member Judges.

The last few weeks saw the dramatic return of ex-CoC members back to CoC from OIS(Organization of Independent States) like San Monteriano, Skako, Alkoul, Wyethelania, Santa Cordova (Awaji) etc after their region's fall. It is noteworthy that the same members had formed the ILN after the split of 2011-12.

Membership hovered around the 110 figure after CTEs , defections supplemented by fresh recruits.

The Chancellor also reorganised the cabinet , by elevating the Secretary(Recruitment) to a full fledgd Ministry with a deputy Minister (GuatemalaCity) reporting to it. The Ministry of Finance was also abolished.

Foreign Affairs

Talks are on with the like minded region, The Commonwealth of Kings, to have a Treaty of Mutual Defense . The refounded ILN also expressed an interest to come under CoC protection, which is being examined.

Back