Oaths of Office

mcmasterdonia

Just like a queef in the wind, so is life
-
-
-
TNP Nation
McMasterdonia
In compliance with Section 4.1 of the Legal Code all Government Officials must post an oath of office before assuming their role within the Government of the North Pacific.

All government officials will be required to take the Oath of Office within one week of the certification of election results by the Election Commissioner, or if appointed, within one week of their appointment being announced. The taking of the Oath constitutes assumption of the office. Failure to post the oath within the allotted time will result in the office being considered vacant, to be filled in accordance with all laws governing elections or appointments, as is appropriate for the office in question.

Oath:
I, [forum username], do hereby solemnly swear that during my term as [government position], I will uphold the ideals of Democracy, Freedom, and Justice of The Region of The North Pacific. I will use the powers and rights granted to me through The North Pacific Constitution and Legal Code in a legal, responsible, and unbiased manner, not abusing my power, committing misfeasance, malfeasance, or nonfeasance in office, in any gross or excessive manner. I will act only in the best interests of The North Pacific, not influenced by personal gain or any outside force, and within the restraints of my legally granted power. As such, I hereby take up the office of [government position], with all the powers, rights, and responsibilities held therein.

This Oath will be binding and violations are grounds for a recall.

For reference:

Previous Oaths topic, and the list of posters in it.

Edit by Eluvatar with permission.

I, King Durk the Awesome, do hereby solemnly swear that during my term as Mall's Bodyguard, I will uphold the ideals of Democracy, Freedom, and Justice of The Region of The North Pacific. I will use the powers and rights granted to me through The North Pacific Constitution and Legal Code in a legal, responsible, and unbiased manner, not abusing my power, committing misfeasance, malfeasance, or nonfeasance in office, in any gross or excessive manner. I will act only in the best interests of The North Pacific, not influenced by personal gain or any outside force, and within the restraints of my legally granted power. As such, I hereby take up the office of Mall's Bodyguard, with all the powers, rights, and responsibilities held therein.

I currently hold the post of Temporary Hearing Officer, and you have my word I will fulfil that role to the best of my ability and acknowledge the right of the region to prosecute should my actions in that role be out of line.

My word matters more to me than most things in NS, and that is why I'm making my own oath, and not one full of overly complicated phrases that no-one without a law degree or with the energy and time to waste googling them understands.

I, [Todd McCloud, do hereby solemnly swear that during my term as Temporary Hearing Officer, I will uphold the ideals of Democracy, Freedom, and Justice of The Region of The North Pacific. I will use the powers and rights granted to me through The North Pacific Constitution and Legal Code in a legal, responsible, and unbiased manner, not abusing my power, committing misfeasance, malfeasance, or nonfeasance in office, in any gross or excessive manner. I will act only in the best interests of The North Pacific, not influenced by personal gain or any outside force, and within the restraints of my legally granted power. As such, I hereby take up the office of Temporary Hearing Officer, with all the powers, rights, and responsibilities held therein.

I, Eluvatar, do hereby solemnly swear that during my term as Minister of Foreign Affairs, I will uphold the ideals of Democracy, Freedom, and Justice of The Region of The North Pacific. I will use the powers and rights granted to me through The North Pacific Constitution and Legal Code in a legal, responsible, and unbiased manner, not abusing my power, committing misfeasance, malfeasance, or nonfeasance in office, in any gross or excessive manner. I will act only in the best interests of The North Pacific, not influenced by personal gain or any outside force, and within the restraints of my legally granted power. As such, I hereby take up the office of Minister of Foreign Affairs, with all the powers, rights, and responsibilities held therein.

I, Dr. Marks, do hereby solemnly swear that during my term as Clerk of TNP, I will uphold the ideals of Democracy, Freedom, and Justice of The Region of The North Pacific. I will use the powers and rights granted to me through The North Pacific Constitution and Legal Code in a legal, responsible, and unbiased manner, not abusing my power, committing misfeasance, malfeasance, or nonfeasance in office, in any gross or excessive manner. I will act only in the best interests of The North Pacific, not influenced by personal gain or any outside force, and within the restraints of my legally granted power. As such, I hereby take up the office of Assistant to the Attorney General, with all the powers, rights, and responsibilities held therein.

As a note: Notify me when I'm made Deputy Minister of stuff >.> I could have been doing actual FA stuff while Eluvatar was nowhere to be seen. I mean it's nice to find out a Month late that I was appointed by McMasterdonia, but seriously. Told by neither the Minister nor the Delegate.. Niiiiice :P

I, Tim, do hereby solemnly swear that during my term as Deputy Minister of Foreign Affairs, I will uphold the ideals of Democracy, Freedom, and Justice of The Region of The North Pacific. I will use the powers and rights granted to me through The North Pacific Constitution and Legal Code in a legal, responsible, and unbiased manner, not abusing my power, committing misfeasance, malfeasance, or nonfeasance in office, in any gross or excessive manner. I will act only in the best interests of The North Pacific, not influenced by personal gain or any outside force, and within the restraints of my legally granted power. As such, I hereby take up the office of Deputy Minister of Foreign Affairs, with all the powers, rights, and responsibilities held therein.

Blake Marks:
I, Dr. Marks, do hereby solemnly swear that during my term as Clerk of TNP, I will uphold the ideals of Democracy, Freedom, and Justice of The Region of The North Pacific. I will use the powers and rights granted to me through The North Pacific Constitution and Legal Code in a legal, responsible, and unbiased manner, not abusing my power, committing misfeasance, malfeasance, or nonfeasance in office, in any gross or excessive manner. I will act only in the best interests of The North Pacific, not influenced by personal gain or any outside force, and within the restraints of my legally granted power. As such, I hereby take up the office of Assistant to the Attorney General, with all the powers, rights, and responsibilities held therein.
who appointed you Clerk and where?

and as far as I can tell, Tim wasn't appointed to anything, nor in particular "whatever position" since that's not the proper oath.

Tim you asked me for the position and I agreed to give it to you.
An appointment was then made in the Delegates Government area of the forum.

I, Pasargad, do hereby solemnly swear that during my term as self appointed Leader of opposition, I will uphold the ideals of Democracy, Freedom, and Justice of The Region of The North Pacific. I will use the powers and rights granted to me through The North Pacific Constitution and Legal Code in a legal, responsible, and unbiased manner, not abusing my power, committing misfeasance, malfeasance, or nonfeasance in office, in any gross or excessive manner. I will act only in the best interests of The North Pacific, not influenced by personal gain or any outside force, and within the restraints of my legally granted power. As such, I hereby take up the office of self appointed Leader of opposition, with all the powers, rights, and responsibilities held therein.

I, Jamie, do hereby solemnly swear that during my term as Temporary Hearing Officer, I will uphold the ideals of Democracy, Freedom, and Justice of The Region of The North Pacific. I will use the powers and rights granted to me through The North Pacific Constitution and Legal Code in a legal, responsible, and unbiased manner, not abusing my power, committing misfeasance, malfeasance, or nonfeasance in office, in any gross or excessive manner. I will act only in the best interests of The North Pacific, not influenced by personal gain or any outside force, and within the restraints of my legally granted power. As such, I hereby take up the office of Temporary Hearing Officer, with all the powers, rights, and responsibilities held therein.

Pasargad:
I, Pasargad, do hereby solemnly swear that during my term as self appointed Leader of opposition, I will uphold the ideals of Democracy, Freedom, and Justice of The Region of The North Pacific. I will use the powers and rights granted to me through The North Pacific Constitution and Legal Code in a legal, responsible, and unbiased manner, not abusing my power, committing misfeasance, malfeasance, or nonfeasance in office, in any gross or excessive manner. I will act only in the best interests of The North Pacific, not influenced by personal gain or any outside force, and within the restraints of my legally granted power. As such, I hereby take up the office of self appointed Leader of opposition, with all the powers, rights, and responsibilities held therein.
You can't appoint yourself as that :P

Since when is this Blake marks appointed a clerk?

Gov, Tim fixed his oath. Blake Marks is most decidedly NOT a Clerk of anything. Just because he posted the oath in this thread does not magically make him a Clerk. And yes, Pasargad's oath is nonsensical.

I, Cameron, do hereby solemnly swear that during my term as Deputy Minister, I will uphold the ideals of Democracy, Freedom, and Justice of The Region of The North Pacific. I will use the powers and rights granted to me through The North Pacific Constitution and Legal Code in a legal, responsible, and unbiased manner, not abusing my power, committing misfeasance, malfeasance, or nonfeasance in office, in any gross or excessive manner. I will act only in the best interests of The North Pacific, not influenced by personal gain or any outside force, and within the restraints of my legally granted power. As such, I hereby take up the office of Deputy Minister, with all the powers, rights, and responsibilities held therein.

Former English Colony:
Gov, Tim fixed his oath. Blake Marks is most decidedly NOT a Clerk of anything. Just because he posted the oath in this thread does not magically make him a Clerk. And yes, Pasargad's oath is nonsensical.
Actually Punk D made him a Clerk in the AG's office but I think he has already been fired.

Cameron Hanover:
I, Cameron, do hereby solemnly swear that during my term as Deputy Minister, I will uphold the ideals of Democracy, Freedom, and Justice of The Region of The North Pacific. I will use the powers and rights granted to me through The North Pacific Constitution and Legal Code in a legal, responsible, and unbiased manner, not abusing my power, committing misfeasance, malfeasance, or nonfeasance in office, in any gross or excessive manner. I will act only in the best interests of The North Pacific, not influenced by personal gain or any outside force, and within the restraints of my legally granted power. As such, I hereby take up the office of Deputy Minister, with all the powers, rights, and responsibilities held therein.
Cameron, you might need to edit your oath sir. Usually for Deputy Ministers, they say which ministry it's part of (i.e. Deputy Minister for Culture and Entertainment, etc.)

Govindia:
Cameron Hanover:
Cameron, you might need to edit your oath sir. Usually for Deputy Ministers, they say which ministry it's part of (i.e. Deputy Minister for Culture and Entertainment, etc.)
It's fine Govindia. You can say Deputy Minister and it would still be fine. Just because it's "usual" doesn't mean it's required by law.

I, Sanctaria, do hereby solemnly swear that during my term as Justice, I will uphold the ideals of Democracy, Freedom, and Justice of The Region of The North Pacific. I will use the powers and rights granted to me through The North Pacific Constitution and Legal Code in a legal, responsible, and unbiased manner, not abusing my power, committing misfeasance, malfeasance, or nonfeasance in office, in any gross or excessive manner. I will act only in the best interests of The North Pacific, not influenced by personal gain or any outside force, and within the restraints of my legally granted power. As such, I hereby take up the office of Justice, with all the powers, rights, and responsibilities held therein.

I, Punk D, do hereby solemnly swear that during my term as Justice, I will uphold the ideals of Democracy, Freedom, and Justice of The Region of The North Pacific. I will use the powers and rights granted to me through The North Pacific Constitution and Legal Code in a legal, responsible, and unbiased manner, not abusing my power, committing misfeasance, malfeasance, or nonfeasance in office, in any gross or excessive manner. I will act only in the best interests of The North Pacific, not influenced by personal gain or any outside force, and within the restraints of my legally granted power. As such, I hereby take up the office of Justice, with all the powers, rights, and responsibilities held therein.

I, Gaspo, do hereby solemnly swear that during my term as Attorney General, I will uphold the ideals of Democracy, Freedom, and Justice of The Region of The North Pacific. I will use the powers and rights granted to me through The North Pacific Constitution and Legal Code in a legal, responsible, and unbiased manner, not abusing my power, committing misfeasance, malfeasance, or nonfeasance in office, in any gross or excessive manner. I will act only in the best interests of The North Pacific, not influenced by personal gain or any outside force, and within the restraints of my legally granted power. As such, I hereby take up the office of Attorney General, with all the powers, rights, and responsibilities held therein.

I, Abbey Anumia, do hereby solemnly swear that during my term as Court Justice, I will uphold the ideals of Democracy, Freedom, and Justice of The Region of The North Pacific. I will use the powers and rights granted to me through The North Pacific Constitution and Legal Code in a legal, responsible, and unbiased manner, not abusing my power, committing misfeasance, malfeasance, or nonfeasance in office, in any gross or excessive manner. I will act only in the best interests of The North Pacific, not influenced by personal gain or any outside force, and within the restraints of my legally granted power. As such, I hereby take up the office of Court Justice, with all the powers, rights, and responsibilities held therein.

I, Reginald Carmichael, do hereby solemnly swear that during my term as Deputy Attorney General, I will uphold the ideals of Democracy, Freedom, and Justice of The Region of The North Pacific. I will use the powers and rights granted to me through The North Pacific Constitution and Legal Code in a legal, responsible, and unbiased manner, not abusing my power, committing misfeasance, malfeasance, or nonfeasance in office, in any gross or excessive manner. I will act only in the best interests of The North Pacific, not influenced by personal gain or any outside force, and within the restraints of my legally granted power. As such, I hereby take up the office of Deputy Attorney General, with all the powers, rights, and responsibilities held therein.

I, Belschaft, do hereby solemnly swear that during my term as Deputy Attorney General, I will uphold the ideals of Democracy, Freedom, and Justice of The Region of The North Pacific. I will use the powers and rights granted to me through The North Pacific Constitution and Legal Code in a legal, responsible, and unbiased manner, not abusing my power, committing misfeasance, malfeasance, or nonfeasance in office, in any gross or excessive manner. I will act only in the best interests of The North Pacific, not influenced by personal gain or any outside force, and within the restraints of my legally granted power. As such, I hereby take up the office of Deputy Attorney General, with all the powers, rights, and responsibilities held therein.

I, Jamie, do hereby solemnly swear that during my term as Delegate, I will uphold the ideals of Democracy, Freedom, and Justice of The Region of The North Pacific. I will use the powers and rights granted to me through The North Pacific Constitution and Legal Code in a legal, responsible, and unbiased manner, not abusing my power, committing misfeasance, malfeasance, or nonfeasance in office, in any gross or excessive manner. I will act only in the best interests of The North Pacific, not influenced by personal gain or any outside force, and within the restraints of my legally granted power. As such, I hereby take up the office of Delegate, with all the powers, rights, and responsibilities held therein.

I, Kiwi, do hereby solemnly swear that during my term as Executive Councilor and Minister of Defense, I will uphold the ideals of Democracy, Freedom, and Justice of The Region of The North Pacific. I will use the powers and rights granted to me through The North Pacific Constitution and Legal Code in a legal, responsible, and unbiased manner, not abusing my power, committing misfeasance, malfeasance, or nonfeasance in office, in any gross or excessive manner. I will act only in the best interests of The North Pacific, not influenced by personal gain or any outside force, and within the restraints of my legally granted power. As such, I hereby take up the office of Executive Councilor and Minister of Defense, with all the powers, rights, and responsibilities held therein.

I, Borndisaster, do hereby solemnly swear that during my term as co-deputy Minister of Defence, I will uphold the ideals of Democracy, Freedom, and Justice of The Region of The North Pacific. I will use the powers and rights granted to me through The North Pacific Constitution and Legal Code in a legal, responsible, and unbiased manner, not abusing my power, committing misfeasance, malfeasance, or nonfeasance in office, in any gross or excessive manner. I will act only in the best interests of The North Pacific, not influenced by personal gain or any outside force, and within the restraints of my legally granted power. As such, I hereby take up the office of [government position], with all the powers, rights, and responsibilities held therein.

I, McMasterdonia, do hereby solemnly swear that during my term as Executive Councilor and Minister of Foreign Affairs, I will uphold the ideals of Democracy, Freedom, and Justice of The Region of The North Pacific. I will use the powers and rights granted to me through The North Pacific Constitution and Legal Code in a legal, responsible, and unbiased manner, not abusing my power, committing misfeasance, malfeasance, or nonfeasance in office, in any gross or excessive manner. I will act only in the best interests of The North Pacific, not influenced by personal gain or any outside force, and within the restraints of my legally granted power. As such, I hereby take up the office of Executive Councilor and Minister of Foreign Affairs, with all the powers, rights, and responsibilities held therein.

I, Alvino Castillon, do hereby solemnly swear that during my term as Executive Councilor and Minister of Culutre and Entertainment, I will uphold the ideals of Democracy, Freedom, and Justice of The Region of The North Pacific. I will use the powers and rights granted to me through The North Pacific Constitution and Legal Code in a legal, responsible, and unbiased manner, not abusing my power, committing misfeasance, malfeasance, or nonfeasance in office, in any gross or excessive manner. I will act only in the best interests of The North Pacific, not influenced by personal gain or any outside force, and within the restraints of my legally granted power. As such, I hereby take up the office of Executive Councilor and Minister of Culture and Entertainment, with all the powers, rights, and responsibilities held therein.

I, Mall, do hereby solemnly swear that during my term as WA Minister, I will uphold the ideals of Democracy, Freedom, and Justice of The Region of The North Pacific. I will use the powers and rights granted to me through The North Pacific Constitution and Legal Code in a legal, responsible, and unbiased manner, not abusing my power, committing misfeasance, malfeasance, or nonfeasance in office, in any gross or excessive manner. I will act only in the best interests of The North Pacific, not influenced by personal gain or any outside force, and within the restraints of my legally granted power. As such, I hereby take up the office of WA Minister, with all the powers, rights, and responsibilities held therein.

I, Funkadelia, do hereby solemnly swear that during my term as Deputy Minister of Foreign Affairs, I will uphold the ideals of Democracy, Freedom, and Justice of The Region of The North Pacific. I will use the powers and rights granted to me through The North Pacific Constitution and Legal Code in a legal, responsible, and unbiased manner, not abusing my power, committing misfeasance, malfeasance, or nonfeasance in office, in any gross or excessive manner. I will act only in the best interests of The North Pacific, not influenced by personal gain or any outside force, and within the restraints of my legally granted power. As such, I hereby take up the office of Deputy Minister of Foreign Affairs, with all the powers, rights, and responsibilities held therein.

I, Romanoffia, do hereby solemnly swear that during my term as Minister of Communications, I will uphold the ideals of Democracy, Freedom, and Justice of The Region of The North Pacific. I will use the powers and rights granted to me through The North Pacific Constitution and Legal Code in a legal, responsible, and unbiased manner, not abusing my power, committing misfeasance, malfeasance, or nonfeasance in office, in any gross or excessive manner. I will act only in the best interests of The North Pacific, not influenced by personal gain or any outside force, and within the restraints of my legally granted power. As such, I hereby take up the office of Minister of Communications, with all the powers, rights, and responsibilities held therein.

I, Scandigrad, do hereby solemnly swear that during my term as Deputy Minister of Defense, I will uphold the ideals of Democracy, Freedom, and Justice of The Region of The North Pacific. I will use the powers and rights granted to me through The North Pacific Constitution and Legal Code in a legal, responsible, and unbiased manner, not abusing my power, committing misfeasance, malfeasance, or nonfeasance in office, in any gross or excessive manner. I will act only in the best interests of The North Pacific, not influenced by personal gain or any outside force, and within the restraints of my legally granted power. As such, I hereby take up the office of Deputy Minister of Defense, with all the powers, rights, and responsibilities held therein.

I, Windy, do hereby solemnly swear that during my term as Deputy Minister of Communications, I will uphold the ideals of Democracy, Freedom, and Justice of The Region of The North Pacific. I will use the powers and rights granted to me through The North Pacific Constitution and Legal Code in a legal, responsible, and unbiased manner, not abusing my power, committing misfeasance, malfeasance, or nonfeasance in office, in any gross or excessive manner. I will act only in the best interests of The North Pacific, not influenced by personal gain or any outside force, and within the restraints of my legally granted power. As such, I hereby take up the office of Deputy Minister of Communications, with all the powers, rights, and responsibilities held therein.

I, Flemingovia, do hereby solemnly swear that during my term as Chief judge of the Fiqh, I will uphold the ideals of Democracy, Freedom, and Justice of The Region of The North Pacific. I will use the powers and rights granted to me through The North Pacific Constitution and Legal Code in a legal, responsible, and unbiased manner, not abusing my power, committing misfeasance, malfeasance, or nonfeasance in office, in any gross or excessive manner. I will act only in the best interests of The North Pacific, not influenced by personal gain or any outside force, and within the restraints of my legally granted power. As such, I hereby take up the office of Chief judge of the Fiqh, with all the powers, rights, and responsibilities held therein.

Flem: While I appreciate your interest to be involved in the running of the region, I'd suggest you draw up legislation to make such an office rather than submitting invalid oaths.

I, Zeorus, do hereby solemnly swear that during my term as Deputy Minister for Culture and Entertainment, I will uphold the ideals of Democracy, Freedom, and Justice of The Region of The North Pacific. I will use the powers and rights granted to me through The North Pacific Constitution and Legal Code in a legal, responsible, and unbiased manner, not abusing my power, committing misfeasance, malfeasance, or nonfeasance in office, in any gross or excessive manner. I will act only in the best interests of The North Pacific, not influenced by personal gain or any outside force, and within the restraints of my legally granted power. As such, I hereby take up the office of Deputy Minister for Culture and Entertainment, with all the powers, rights, and responsibilities held therein.

I, Iro, do hereby solemnly swear that during my term as Deputy Attorney General, I will uphold the ideals of Democracy, Freedom, and Justice of The Region of The North Pacific. I will use the powers and rights granted to me through The North Pacific Constitution and Legal Code in a legal, responsible, and unbiased manner, not abusing my power, committing misfeasance, malfeasance, or nonfeasance in office, in any gross or excessive manner. I will act only in the best interests of The North Pacific, not influenced by personal gain or any outside force, and within the restraints of my legally granted power. As such, I hereby take up the office of Deputy Attorney General, with all the powers, rights, and responsibilities held therein.

Back