DRUK: For Richer North Pacifican Society

DRUK

TNPer
DRUKDelegateCampaignLogo_zps03e8e937.png

Fellow citizens of The North Pacific, our prestigious Security Council officials, our honourable Vice Delegate, Blue Wolf II, and, last but not least, our honourable Delegate, McMasterdonia,

My name is DRUK, formally known as Democratic Republic of United Koryo. I have joined The North Pacific on October 25, 2012, approximately two months ago. In terms of rankings and positions in TNP, I am currently the Associate Justice in the Judiciary Department of TNP, the Dean of The North Pacific University, and a former candidate for a special Vice Delegate election held just a few weeks ago.

On November of 2012, McMasterdonia, who is currently our regional delegate, has vowed to enhance security as well as culture of our region, and I believe he has accomplished so by effectively regulating endorsement counts, and permitting the birth of new role-playing conferences as well as partaking in the establishment of the North Pacific University.

I believe McMasterdonia has laid foundation for a highly active, cultural, and secure region, and I intend building upon that foundation to provide rich culture and top-notch security that embody democratic ideals, which serve as the root of TNP's long-standing tradition.

Therefore, I have outlined the following three aspects to explain how we will go about accomplishing this:

1) Tradition
Conferences in RP Section
- Promote democratic ideals(Support establishment of council, legislation, voting procedures, etc.)
- Promote cooperation within members via means of free trade, free and friendly access to each of the nations within each of the Conference, whether it be Galt, or another, via public transit and trasportation
(e.g. TransPacific Railway, TransPacific Cargo Route, TransPacific Airlines, etc.)
- Promote economic as well as industrial cooperation to ensure trust, support, and security of the nations within each Conference
(e.g. Building of Joint Industrial Zones, Unified currency, etc.)
- Promote military cooperation to ensure trust, support, and security of the nations within each Conference
(e.g. Sharing of military information --> Weapons, Troops, Logistics, etc.
--> Founding of a unified Atomic Community in each Conference to share nuclear storage and weapons)

Keeping RP Conferences, thus the RP section, active will help in promoting and refreshing each of the members of The North Pacific of our traditional democratic and constitutional ideals.

2) Culture
The North Pacific University(TNPU)
When I set up a campaign for the Special Vice Delegate election in November of 2012, I have suggested the establishment of an educational institution within our region. As a result, Mcmasterdonia and I exchanged ideas on how to found and improve an institution that would today be called The North Pacific University.

As also mentioned in the TNPU Mission Statement, I would like TNPU to encourage discussion and debate amongst citizens of TNP that not only promote our democratic and liberal ideals, but also increase the level of activity within our TNP forum.

In addition, when I become the Delegate, I would plan to build additional education facilities within TNP that delve into more historical information of our region.

Entertainment

I would strive to provide more options of entertainment in TNP forum, such as making an intraregional sports team for The North Pacific. The type of sports can be discussed and voted amongst TNP citizens.

Perhaps, our region can host an interregional sports league and tournament with our allied regions.

3) Security
Recently, there has been an unapproved switch in delegacy in the region of Osiris. Regardless of the true intentions of the switch, the incident may have an impact on the security of our own region into question.

While a recent proposal of the "300 rule", a rule that forbids any member of TNP from exceeding 300 endorsements, increases security in case of a possible coup, it nevertheless provides slow and ineffective transition of power between the former Delegate and the newly-elected one. As a result, the former Delegate, though his term may have been expired, will retain power over the region on the NS website.

To avoid ineffective power transfer and possibility of hoarding of power, I would like to introduce a proposal that will be presented when I become the Delegate of TNP.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If rich culture, high security, and a better TNP is not what you, as the member of our region, want, then do not vote for me. However, I sincerely hope all of you can see the genuine concern and interest towards the region engraved within my promises that I have mentioned above.

Thank you.

United Koryo

Recently, there has been an unapproved switch in delegacy in the region of Osiris. Although the situation has been rectified, thanks to the support of UDL, the incident has placed the security of our own region into question.
This is arguably factually untrue, and is at best a gross distortion of the events which transpired in Osiris. The UDL helped create the switch in the first place (through a trick, but still), and the region was handed back to the proper leadership by those who caused it to change. It wasn't secured by the UDL, and if you look at the math of it, the UDL's presence or absence would not have made any difference in returning the region to its legally elected Delegate.

Can we expect more of this type of spin, and more pro-UDL slant, throughout your term, if elected?

Gaspo:
Recently, there has been an unapproved switch in delegacy in the region of Osiris. Although the situation has been rectified, thanks to the support of UDL, the incident has placed the security of our own region into question.
This is arguably factually untrue, and is at best a gross distortion of the events which transpired in Osiris. The UDL helped create the switch in the first place (through a trick, but still), and the region was handed back to the proper leadership by those who caused it to change. It wasn't secured by the UDL, and if you look at the math of it, the UDL's presence or absence would not have made any difference in returning the region to its legally elected Delegate.

Can we expect more of this type of spin, and more pro-UDL slant, throughout your term, if elected?
All in all, a switch has occurred, and we can now be aware, regardless of the event being a trick, prank, or not, that one can use the means of endosurfing to take over the delegacy. Though our region has a relatively large gap in terms of endorsements between the Delegate and the other SC officials, one can take advantage of endosurfing during times when a new delegate is being inaugurated, when the Delegate is losing endorsement, when the highest endorsement count may be at its lowest.

I have developed a proposal, which I will present the time I become the Delegate to mitigate such opportunity for endosurfers, so that effective transitioning from the old to the new Delegate happens at a rapid pace, and possible transition from the Delegate and one of the nations in the Line of Succession.

Ok, so a) you didn't address my question, and b) you're now referring to an unnamed, unexplained program which promises great things, that you won't tell us about unless we elect you.

I would imagine you're going to try to sell us a big clock in London, next. Only catch being we can't take it home, it has to stay where it is, right?

Gaspo:
Ok, so a) you didn't address my question, and b) you're now referring to an unnamed, unexplained program which promises great things, that you won't tell us about unless we elect you.

I would imagine you're going to try to sell us a big clock in London, next. Only catch being we can't take it home, it has to stay where it is, right?
a) I don't lie about my campaign, and I have edited what is deemed to be changed. I recommend you read the entire campaign first.

Gaspo:
b) you're now referring to an unnamed, unexplained program which promises great things, that you won't tell us about unless we elect you.
I think Mitt Romney tried to do that once ;) I don't think it ended up working in his favor...

I apologize for any grief I've caused the candidates or questioners or the Romney clan. I'm not here to fuel fires, I just like leaving snarky comments no one really cares about. It's my m.o..

Endosurfing has always been available, it's been used often - even here in TNP during war. No one is just becoming aware of it now, because Madjack used it to return to an uncontested delegate's seat.

UDL added lots of extra endorsements to Madjack, when he was already 25+ endorsements in the green, he'd never lost his original 100+ endorsements.

I'm saying this as a fact check, not as a debate. I look forward to the rest of your campaign.

~B

DRUK:
Gaspo:

a) I don't lie about my campaign, and I have edited what is deemed to be changed. I recommend you read the entire campaign first.
There's no b)

Also, given that the pro-UDL slant was there, but is now gone, let me update my question. Can we expect the pro-UDL slant to return?

Question: Why do you applaud the efforts of the UDL in the matter, when your own North Pacific Army participated in the operation?

I'd also like to point out that our orders were not changed at the last minute to endorse the wrong guy.

Scandigrad:
Question: Why do you applaud the efforts of the UDL in the matter, when your own North Pacific Army participated in the operation?

I'd also like to point out that our orders were not changed at the last minute to endorse the wrong guy.
Knowing that NPA has been working at a productive pace, hence their support in Osiris and invasion of GGR, I felt the need to not re-iterate the excellent army of our region.

Gaspo:
DRUK:
Gaspo:

There's no b)

Also, given that the pro-UDL slant was there, but is now gone, let me update my question. Can we expect the pro-UDL slant to return?
I would like to see Tim preside over UDL, instead of having Unibot as the Head.
Other than that issue, I fully support the just causes that United Defenders League has been acting over the past months.

Gaspo:
DRUK:
Gaspo:

There's no b)

As to Question B).

I plan to establish the Balance of Endorsement Gap(BEG) policy.

- The Vice-Delegate will have approximately 20 to 30 fewer endorsements than the Delegate.
- The SC Officials will have approximately 20 to 50 fewer endorsements than the Delegate.

For instance,

If the Delegate has 300 endorsements,

VD will have about 270 to 280 endorsements. (Endo. Count between 281-299 will be called a buffer zone --> When a nation exceed the endo. count of VD, unendorsement campaigns will begin once the nation enteres the endorsement count within the buffer zone.

In other words,

Delegate = 300 endorsements
Buffer Zone = 281-299 endorsements
VD = 270-280 endorsements
SC Officials 250-280 endorsements

DRUK:
Gaspo:
DRUK:
Gaspo:

There's no b)

Other than that issue, I fully support the just causes that United Defenders League has been acting over the past months.
Do you feel as though actively opposing the head of one of the largest and most influential organizations in NS in favor of... Tim... is going to ultimately be good for TNP if you are elected?

Mall:
DRUK:
Gaspo:
DRUK:
Gaspo:

There's no b)

Do you feel as though actively opposing the head of one of the largest and most influential organizations in NS in favor of... Tim... is going to ultimately be good for TNP if you are elected?
I believe Tim has greater credibility than someone who has been ejected from the WA for multying. Though there have been claims that he had multied "accidentally", there seems to be none of surmounting evidence of his innocence.

DRUK:
I believe Tim has greater credibility than someone who has been ejected from the WA for multying. Though there have been claims that he had multied "accidentally", there seems to be none of surmounting evidence of his innocence.

tumblr_m1ct5nOcZF1rn95k2o1_250.gif
eocz3.gif

Tim is probably the least credible as leader of the UDL honestly. Love the guy, think he's been doing great, but he has the credibility of a monk fish. He was formerly a griefer and still holds the belief that some regions should be "burned" in his words.

DRUK:
Mall:
DRUK:
Gaspo:
DRUK:
Gaspo:

There's no b)

DRUK, I don't know how to stress this enough... Do your bloody research, please!

I have five recorded counts of multying, my main nation is banned from the WA, 14 other nations are banned from the WA, every single count of multi has been intentional, and I'm basically right there with Unibot on the line between WA and WA Ban.

As for Chieftaincy, if I ever got it, you know what the first thing I would do would be? I would resign and give it to someone who fits the UDL more. Please check my history next time. I'm an ex-griefer, who is still okay with watching some regions burn. That's not something that UDL's leader should believe. I'm also fairly anti-RP, and I would be leading an organization that *relies* on RPers. I'm sure that would go sooo well. No, I'd make a terrible Chief of the Band. I'm good where I am right now; a Lieutenant and Training Officer. I seek no more and I would Decline Chief, if offered.

Please do your research.

Scandigrad:

This. This. And double this.

I wasn't the one who sent out the order but did you receive the order to help in Osiris, did you follow said order and if not, why didn't you? (very relevant)

Also lol I love how this thread has completely degraded itself to UDL bashing or just Tim bashing. I'm not sure.

It's also hilarious how defensive Gaspo seems to be getting over the whole Osiris fiasco.

My other question is - do you think you can balance this role as well as being dean of the university? Do you not believe that McMasterdonia picked you simply because you held no other positions in TNP?

DRUK:
Scandigrad:

Knowing that NPA has been working at a productive pace, hence their support in Osiris and invasion of GGR, I felt the need to not re-iterate the excellent army of our region.
Can we dispense with the bull? I find it very disturbing that you chose to applaud an external organization, when one of your internal organizations did the exact same thing, and didn't botch the operation.

So I ask again, why are you applauding an external organization for an operation that an internal organization also did?

Your endorsement plan is all well and good, but there's no reliable way to actually drop endorsements in a consistent and predictable fashion. How will you actually retain such narrow margins? And a margin of 30 can be swung in a single update - that's waaaaay too close. 50-100 would be much better.

Gaspo:
DRUK:
Gaspo:

There's no b)

As a Court Justice, I expect you to post in a civil manner sir, not with such condescension as I've seen you doing most of the place.

Gaspo:
Your endorsement plan is all well and good, but there's no reliable way to actually drop endorsements in a consistent and predictable fashion. How will you actually retain such narrow margins? And a margin of 30 can be swung in a single update - that's waaaaay too close. 50-100 would be much better.
When I was Vice Delegate, I accidentally tarted to a point where I was less than 20 endorsements below Eluvatar. Following that, an unendorsement/endorsement switch campaign began which almost pushed me above Eluvatar's endo count (he had been away for about 5 days at this point).

20-30 is far too close. All it takes is for a Delegate to go away for a day, an unendo campaign to happen without a quick enough response, or an overly eager VD, to change the Delegacy at any one time.

50-100 would be much more reasonable. It does not take too long to gain 100 endorsements if you need to switch Delegacy due to recall or whatever.

Hi DRUK, I have some of questions for you:

1. What would you do different as Delegate from mcmasterdonia?

2. How do you feel about excluding people from #tnp-cabinet? Should all citizens be allowed in their channel so long as they behave?

3. Where do you stand on the military stance of the NPA, given how one of the candidates choose to make it a defender army?

Back