Just like a queef in the wind, so is life
-
-
-
TNP Nation
McMasterdonia
Hello Everyone!

The Beginning of the Term

As you've probably noticed I am running for the office of Delegate again. It's only been a short term, holding the Delegacy for a month and a bit. It certainly has been an eventful one however.

To start with we had the issues of the ongoing endorsement campaign, finally that ended. I took the Delegacy and all seemed well. Then we had the little campaign that alleged that Durkadurkiranistan and I were the same person, luckily that didn't last terribly long.

Following that the new switcher system that many of us had been campaigning for was introduced! And wow, ejected from the World Assembly. Luckily that was resolved in a timely manner by the Moderators, and that they posted a full apology on the NS forums. I'm pretty sure that I would not be Delegate today, or at least not considered legitimate had that not happened.

The Ministries Achievements

Despite those few hiccups early in the term, I feel that it has been a successful one. We were able to release our first Foreign Update in ages towards the start of the term, and we have another one which should be completed within the next day or so. I have also been working with the Deputy Foreign Minister in communicating with our inactive embassies, some of these will be closed by the week's end. Some of this is long overdue work, and has all been happening in the back ground.

In Culture we held the first joint culture festival in The North Pacific since at least as long as I have been here. The Christmas Festival was a moderate success, it started up slow, but started to pick up towards the end of it. I think this is a good start. I would like to see us hosting more general games and such that will generate some more activity, things such as cross-regional tournaments are something to consider. We will also hopefully be taking part in another culture festival of some sort, this time in either Osiris or The South Pacific.

I am very pleased with the work that the Culture Ministry has been doing. Especially in completely rewriting the FAQ's (something you might not have noticed - but should help newer members) and in kicking off some roleplay in the region.

The Communications Ministry will be releasing the first official edition of the TNP-Wire in it's new format shortly. Romanoffia has put in the hard yards for this edition, and we plan to distribute it as far as we can around nationstates. We will be putting together an editorial to introduce the Wire and TNP. It should be good, and I really look forward to seeing this released.

It was also pleasing to see the North Pacific Army take part in a raid on The Greater German Reich. This region has constantly spammed our RMB and been an annoyance to our community. We took the opportunity to approve this mission upon seeing the Delegate of the GGR become an executive position.

Ongoing Projects

In other areas, I have requested that University forums be made. They have been made, but not where I requested they be made, and the subforums have not been added in yet. I look forward to developing the TNPU with DRUK, and I believe that we will all come to appreciate it once it gets started.

The NPIA has of course been announced just recently. Again, at this stage it is only inducting members and having them take the oath. I look forward to working out the issues that have already been raised. I think it's important that we find the balance between oversight and a functioning intelligence service. While we might not all agree on everything, I know that we will come together and reach a decision that is beneficial for the community.

In Conclusion

As Delegate I have done my best to remain as accountable and as transparent as possible. I plan to continue to do this, and to work hard to develop some of the things the Government has introduced in this short term. I will also campaign harder for World Assembly Endorsements, there are still some 300ish nations not endorsing me yet.

I would be disappointed if I was not re-elected after this short term. I feel that the cabinet has functioned well. We have many things on the go, and I would like the opportunity to serve once again and to see these things through to conclusion.

Super srs queztion here.

Why shouldn't I vote for JAL?

and a serious question:

What do you think some of your worse qualities as Delegate were?

Tim:
Super srs queztion here.

and a serious question:

1) You shouldn't vote for JAL as he will do exactly what he says he will do. He won't care about you or the region, and will destroy it as much as he can.

2) I have little patience at times, which can make me seem rude and short. I need to work on that. Patience is indeed a virtue. I think at times this has reflected in IRC conversations and the like, which I apologize for.

Another issue I have, I think is that I like to keep things organic. It worked well with the North Pacific Army, and I expect it will work with the University. However with the NPIA, it would have been better for me to have made the full announcement including a fully drafted charter. I thought that discussing the idea first was a wise decision, however I think it created some unnecessary drama, had a solid draft of a charter including oversight provisions been included. At least now the discussion has taken place, and we are aware where most of us stand on this matter. I look forward to resolving it.

mcmasterdonia:
Tim:
Super srs queztion here.

and a serious question:

1) You shouldn't vote for JAL as he will do exactly what he says he will do. He won't care about you or the region, and will destroy it as much as he can.

2) I have little patience at times, which can make me seem rude and short. I need to work on that. Patience is indeed a virtue. I think at times this has reflected in IRC conversations and the like, which I apologize for.

Another issue I have, I think is that I like to keep things organic. It worked well with the North Pacific Army, and I expect it will work with the University. However with the NPIA, it would have been better for me to have made the full announcement including a fully drafted charter. I thought that discussing the idea first was a wise decision, however I think it created some unnecessary drama, had a solid draft of a charter including oversight provisions been included. At least now the discussion has taken place, and we are aware where most of us stand on this matter. I look forward to resolving it.
I was expecting a more silly answer regarding JAL, but I guess that's okey :P

Thank You for the answers to the other one :) It takes strength to be able to admit your own flaws. Good Luck!

You say that we should not vote for JAL, yet didn't it recently come to light that you are in fact just a puppet of JAL? As such, how would you respond to those who wisely point out that we should just vote the real JAL into office?

Mall:
You say that we should not vote for JAL, yet didn't it recently come to light that you are in fact just a puppet of JAL? As such, how would you respond to those who wisely point out that we should just vote the real JAL into office?
JAL and McM uphold ideals deemed diametrically opposite to those of each other.

How can such an absurd claim be considered credible by the majority of the North Pacific officials?

As a matter of fact, JAL was admitted into the WA as Rogue Nation of Rogue Exhibit A, while McMasterdonia was also in the WA. Clearly, both nations are two different identities.

DRUK:
Mall:
JAL and McM uphold ideals deemed diametrically opposite to those of each other.

How can such an absurd claim be considered credible by the majority of the North Pacific officials?

As a matter of fact, JAL was admitted into the WA as Rogue Nation of Rogue Exhibit A, while McMasterdonia was also in the WA. Clearly, both nations are two different identities.
While I agree with you that "Mcmasterdonia"'s alleged multiing is problematic, I would rather leave the question to be answered by him.

If I read that correctly, Mall didn't actually claim that McM was a puppet of JAL. He merely asked if it recently came to light that he was.

Crushing Our Enemies:
If I read that correctly, Mall didn't actually claim that McM was a puppet of JAL. He merely asked if it recently came to light that he was.
I don't think I can ever associate McM with JAL, in terms of political ideals and stance.

Rumour has it that you are Australian. Assuming so, why don't you fall off when you go outside? Do you have special sticky boots? Why did you produce Rolf Harris? What is he for? If you are elected delegate and the region is coup'd, would skippy come and rescue us? Why DID the jolly swagman camp by the billabong, under the shade of the koolibah tree? why do all Australian men have such enormous didgeridoos?

I have a question, Auss-ome Delegate.

If the mods chained up [violet] and held her as hostage unless we turned TNP into the Second Modcave, what would you do?

Y'know what's awesome, is that you all think Defense Exhibit A is Durk, when it was never stated as such, and in fact was publicly stated not to be his nation. So, my exhibit worked; it proved that circumstantial proof of ownership is misleading and unreliable. And yet, the court refused to hear such evidence. Shame.

Mall:

There was an unendorsement campaign that claimed I was JAL. As I stated in the OP. There is only one JAL, that is the real JAL. If you wish to vote for JAL, do so.

King Durk the Awesome:
McM wishes.

Totally.

flemingovia:
Rumour has it that you are Australian. Assuming so, why don't you fall off when you go outside? Do you have special sticky boots? Why did you produce Rolf Harris? What is he for? If you are elected delegate and the region is coup'd, would skippy come and rescue us? Why DID the jolly swagman camp by the billabong, under the shade of the koolibah tree? why do all Australian men have such enormous didgeridoos?

That rumour is certainly true. In honesty I had never seen an upside down map until I joined this region, so I probably don't fall over as I didn't realize I was upside down for quite some time. Rolf Harris, was before my time. Blame my parents.
I certainly do believe that if I was elected Delegate the region would not be couped, however if it was, I am sure that Skippy and his friends would come to our rescue.
The Jolly swagman camped by the billabong as it is a good source of water. He camped under the tree as the shade will protect him from the sun. It doesn't take long to die of dehydration in Australia.
Studies have shown Australian men have enormous things. Didgeridoos however are usually only owned by the Aboriginal Australians, for musical and tribal purposes.

Alicia DiLaurentis:
McMaster for the win!!! :D

*hugs Ali* Thanks for the support!

Iro:
I have a question, Auss-ome Delegate.

If the mods chained up [violet] and held her as hostage unless we turned TNP into the Second Modcave, what would you do?

The North Pacific should not negotiate with terrorists or moderators. [Violet] would want us to stay strong in the face of such tyranny. TNP will never be the second modcave.

You mentioned about wanting an organic atmosphere, and in looking at your leadership style, it’s very close to my real-world style and very close to how I was delegate during the first three months during my time in TWP. In my opinion, it’s a very effective style but one of the pitfalls of such a style is not getting enough accomplished because you seek input versus ramming change down onto the masses.

During my time as delegate, I proposed a constitutional change – a very radical one – and the conversation went in circles and ultimately just went nowhere. There was overall support for change but there were some logistical questions that lingered. My general disposition is not to force things but rather have them organically evolve as you sought to with the conversation around the NPIA. However, the flip-side to the desire for an organic process is that the process can sometimes go in directions you didn’t foresee, stall, and/or ultimately come to a completely different answer than you envisioned.

In my case, I conferred with my advisors about the stalled talks. I was frustrated that things weren’t happening. They kind of chided me for wanting so badly for the masses to come to a consensus and questioned my leadership. I thought I was doing the right thing by seeking input, but they felt I looked pretty weak, disorganized, and not demonstrating that I had a plan. It was a tough pill to swallow, let me tell you. Their advice to me at the time was “make it happen”. So I essentially expedited a vote on the document after getting some final input from the masses. Expedited is probably the wrong word. I simply closed the months long ‘discussion’ and moved the document to a vote. We voted, the rest is history.

My point is, the vote of that time was used in a resolution to condemn me and actions you take as del, as you are seeing, have repercussions and some you can’t foresee. But that’s the good and the bad of this job.

My question to you is, what have you learned from the discussion around the NPIA and is there anything you’d do differently? How does that discussion impact your overall views on things evolving organically?

As you are allegedly from the nation of Oz, my questions are this: are you a fan of the movie Wizard of Oz and do you know Kylie Minogue (meant in the least racist ways possible)?

Mr Delegate,

I have a couple of questions for you:

1. You had recently banned me from #tnp-cabinet, without explanation or reason. It may have been an error on my fault, I'm not sure. I was away from my computer that day until late in the evening so I wasn't even around when it happened. Is it your policy to step away from Eluvatar's policy of allowing all TNP citizens to observe cabinet business in there (except closed sessions) and only selectively allowing certain TNP members in? Please clarify.

2. What do you plan to do differently if re-elected?

3. How do you feel about one of your opponents plans to return TNPA back to its defender roots?

I thank you for reading and listening to these questions.

punk d:
My question to you is, what have you learned from the discussion around the NPIA and is there anything you’d do differently? How does that discussion impact your overall views on things evolving organically?

I believe that I should have made the announcement with the completed Charter at the same time. I probably also should have waited until Eluvatar's resignation with the UDL had been received before I announced his appointment to the position.
I think that letting certain things grow organically is a good policy. The issue is deciding what, something like the NPIA which had been controversial in the past regarding oversight is not one of those matters as such.
I don't agree with the idea that it should have been left operating entirely in secret, that some people have suggested. Awareness that it exists is fine, knowledge of all of it's activities without proper authorization is not.

Oriole Electronics:
As you are allegedly from the nation of Oz, my questions are this: are you a fan of the movie Wizard of Oz and do you know Kylie Minogue (meant in the least racist ways possible)?

I am not from the nation of Oz.
I like the Wizard of Oz.
I know who Kylie Minogue is, yes.

Govindia:
Mr Delegate,

I have a couple of questions for you:

1. You had recently banned me from #tnp-cabinet, without explanation or reason. It may have been an error on my fault, I'm not sure. I was away from my computer that day until late in the evening so I wasn't even around when it happened. Is it your policy to step away from Eluvatar's policy of allowing all TNP citizens to observe cabinet business in there (except closed sessions) and only selectively allowing certain TNP members in? Please clarify.

2. What do you plan to do differently if re-elected?

3. How do you feel about one of your opponents plans to return TNPA back to its defender roots?

I thank you for reading and listening to these questions.

1): I banned you due to a private request from a cabinet member based on prior harassment.

2) I believe I've somewhat answered this earlier. I'd like to be clearer in my announcements, especially regarding things like the NPIA, balancing organic growth with a clear vision.
Furthermore I want to work with FA, so that we can get out more regular, slightly shorter updates. So that we are engaging with our diplomatic partners on a more regular basis, without providing them too much to read.

3) I think that TNP as a region has argued enough over it's military alignment over the past few months. Putting ourselves in such a black and white military doctrine, I do not feel would be beneficial to tnp. To some it might have 'worked' in the past, however I like the way the military currently does things and would continue down that path.

Re: 1. sir, Tim had no basis to argue for my removal from the channel sir, because A I wasn't bothering him at all as I hardly speak to him on IRC, and B. I was away from my computer for several hours. My AFK presence there, as do other people who sometimes lurk in #tnp-cabinet, should not be a problem.

Which brings me to this question: Can't all TNP citizens, like in Eluvatar's term, be allowed in there in #tnp-cabinet so long as they behave and do not disrupt the meetings?

If yes, I would like to please be allowed back in #tnp-cabinet so I may be able to observe meetings as much as any other TNP citizen.

Govindia:
Re: 1. sir, Tim had no basis to argue for my removal from the channel sir, because A I wasn't bothering him at all as I hardly speak to him on IRC, and B. I was away from my computer for several hours. My AFK presence there, as do other people who sometimes lurk in #tnp-cabinet, should not be a problem.

Which brings me to this question: Can't all TNP citizens, like in Eluvatar's term, be allowed in there in #tnp-cabinet so long as they behave and do not disrupt the meetings?

If yes, I would like to please be allowed back in #tnp-cabinet so I may be able to observe meetings as much as any other TNP citizen.
I find it silly, but hardly surprising that you assume it was Tim.

All members are welcome in the channel, as long as they do not have a history of personal harassment towards a cabinet member.

mcmasterdonia:
Govindia:

All members are welcome in the channel, as long as they do not have a history of personal harassment towards a cabinet member.
I saw Tim's comment before the ban was in place.

None of the other cabinet members have had an issue with my presence in there so I would like to know why I am not allowed in there when I haven't said anything to anyone. Nobody had expressed an issue before from anyone in your cabinet, so why now all of a sudden they complain? I believe I also have a right to be in that channel as any other TNP citizen sir and I have not misbehaved in #tnp-cabinet at all to the best of my knowledge.

Who is this cabinet member that somehow has an issue with me that they can't be professional and civil about allowing me to observe as my right is as a TNP citizen?

Govindia:
mcmasterdonia:
Govindia:

I saw Tim's comment before the ban was in place.

None of the other cabinet members have had an issue with my presence in there so I would like to know why I am not allowed in there when I haven't said anything to anyone. Nobody had expressed an issue before from anyone in your cabinet, so why now all of a sudden they complain? I believe I also have a right to be in that channel as any other TNP citizen sir and I have not misbehaved in #tnp-cabinet at all to the best of my knowledge.

Who is this cabinet member that somehow has an issue with me that they can't be professional and civil about allowing me to observe as my right is as a TNP citizen?
That would be incorrect. The information was queried to me.

It is not my fault that you cannot be civil towards others and not harass them. The ban may be reviewed at some point, if the individual feels comfortable that your behaviour has changed.

I am civil to everyone sir. I approach things from a logical, inquisitive standpoint. If you don't understand that well, I'm sorry you're not used to people who have various social disorders.

Govindia. I don't appreciate you needling McMasterdonia for information. It will stop. Now.

Govindia:
ALso, consider this a FOIA request: I would like to know who the cabinet member was, sir.
I will not release a private confidential discussion that details a personal case of prior harassment. I believe I've given you all the answer I will ever give.

Govindia:
ALso, consider this a FOIA request: I would like to know who the cabinet member was, sir.
FoIA requests must be properly filed; this is not such a request.

tumblr_lmpmkzaTpq1qkkz79o1_400.png

Is this you?

Thanks Scandigrad.

Sadly no Gaspo. Though I'm surprised that NT news is reporting something other than a news story to do with Crocodiles.

Khazahkistan:
Mr. Delegate, how will you curb the recent increase in Grand-Theft of our Region's Pies if re-elected?
I for one, am a pie lover. If re-elected, I would make pies free for all to enjoy.

The people are hungry Mr Delegate!

Let them eat Pie.

Back