Temporary Judicial Officers

punk d:
Added to the THO's.

Still need one more. I'm casting a glance towards Silly String who has often commented on the court's decisions. Open opportunity to serve the court.
Um, okay. :)
I love turtles.

Thank you all...

Silly String, welcome aboard!

Actually...hold on you're deputy speaker at present. I don't want to open that can...but, if you want to temporarily resign from Dep. Speaker and take the THO role for a spell....I'll give you some time to consider that as an option.

If not, I'll be going with Belschaft.

Gaspo:
Great Bights Mum:
pssst... since Bels was a candidate in the election in question, wouldn't that be grounds for a coi?
For that particular case, it ought to be, yes.
I dunno, I was neither a declared winner nor am I contesting the results/counting. I wouldn't say that I have a conflict anymore than someone who voted. I don't have a stake in the courts ruling anymore than the next citizen. Participation =/= CoI.

Addendum: Honestly, I really don't consider myself at all conflicted in this matter, but if people think I am someone else can take it. Alternatively, we can just let common sense rule for once and if miraculously the court rules that my massive vote share of three makes me the winner the RA can lynch me.

Addendum 2: The point I'm trying to make here is that I'm not a massive arse. If anyone has reason to suspect that I might produce a bullshit ruling to try and create a situation where I magically win an election I just got blatantly crushed in (thanks guys, love you too) then you should object to me being on the list of THO's in general, not just in this matter.

Either I'm competent and objective enough to sit on the bench, or I'm not.

GBM - that would be correct.

No can do Bels.

Being a judge, i've not been following a ton of the day-to-day discussions/elections by choice and did not see that Belschaft was a candidate in this race.

Ruling on the constitutionality of this case would be a clear conflict of interest and a privilege not afforded to any of the other candidates. So, there's still a spot open.

Tyler/Funk - thank you, but I will pass on your offers.

Crushing Our Enemies:
Also, Funk, would you not have to recuse yourself for the same reason as Hileville and Blue Wolf?
That's an even more valid point. To be quite honest, I'd forgotten I had run for the position. Yesterday was just a forgetful day for me :headbang:

Belschaft:
Honestly, I really don't consider myself at all conflicted in this matter, but if people think I am someone else can take it. Alternatively, we can just let common sense rule for once and if miraculously the court rules that my massive vote share of three makes me the winner the RA can lynch me.
Were such an eventuality to come to pass, I would certainly entertain motions to lynch.

SillyString:
Chasmanthe:
I am willing to serve as a Temporary Hearing Officer.

I have an open mind and no set opinions.
Unfortunately, I believe you also ran in the recent election. :pinch:
I got no votes in that election. It's quite clear in my mind that my candidacy was a mere technicality. The fact I got no votes shows that I am unsupported by any section of the population. You would be hard pressed to find a judicial with so little invested.

I ran on no platform.

I can't even remember what the judicial election court case is actually about. If I'm found to be unqualified for that case, due to some hypothetical conflict of interest, you can always appoint me to another case.

No candidates from the prior election.

I do have an open spot for a THO on the upcoming case against Tim.

Please for those interested, please state if you have currently or in the past any affiliation with the UDL. If yes, please educate the court about your relationship.

Gracias!

punk d:
No candidates from the prior election.

I do have an open spot for a THO on the upcoming case against Tim.

Please for those interested, please state if you have currently or in the past any affiliation with the UDL. If yes, please educate the court about your relationship.

Gracias!
I have no affiliation with the UDL.

I presumed BW would recuse himself. My apologies because he hasn't. A THO for that position is not open at present.

But since the AG has asked all 3 current justices recuse themselves, stay on standby would-be THOs.

:)

I would be willing to stand for that as well. My last affiliation with the UDL was last year when I did two liberations with them as a part of the Taijitu Army. Since then I have not had anything to do with them.

Yo. I am elected but considered to be part of the Judicial branch by most people, and was not a candidate, so I can do it.

Back