RE: Duty to Disclose

I'll have to look at the last more closely, but from what I see off hand at the moment, Gaspo seems to have a point. What do you think, Hileville?

I believe it is implied however may not.have been done purposely. That being said it really does not matter. I would say Gaspo has a very strong point and I agree with him.

I actually think it may have been partly intentional. Perhaps this particular situation wasn't thought about, but those clauses address ensuring that trials are fair, and officials don't abuse power. I'd certainly agree that witholding evidence can count as an abuse which damages the fairness of a trial.

Ruling of the Court of the North Pacific
In regards to the Judicial Inquiry filed by Gaspo on the Existence of a Duty to Disclose

The Court took into consideration the Inquiry filed here by Gaspo.

The Court took into consideration the Relevant Sections of the Bill of Rights of the North Pacific:

Sections 5:
5. All Nations of The North Pacific have the right to be protected against the abuse of powers by any official of a government authority of the region.

7. When charged with criminal acts, Nations of The North Pacific shall have a fair, impartial, and public trial before a neutral and impartial judicial officer.

9. No action by the governmental authorities of the region shall deny to any Nation of The North Pacific, due process of law, including prior notice and the opportunity to be heard, nor deny to any Nation of The North Pacific the equal and fair treatment and protection of the provisions of the Constitution

The Court opines the following:

The Court had determined that in order for a nation to have equal and fair treatment and protection of law and due process of said law a duty to disclose all exculpatory evidence is in fact created by the Bill of Rights. The Court reviewed the Bill of Rights and the Request filed by Gaspo on this matter. The Court is in unanimous agreement that a duty to disclose all exculpatory evidence does in fact exist under the provisions of the Bill of Rights. The Court also notes that if in such a case the prosecution unknowingly posses exculpatory evidence when they are made aware of such evidence it must be disclosed to the Court and the Defense Council immediately.

The Court thanks everyone for their patience during this review.

*bump* I know I'm not party to this, but can we get it posted to clear out some business from our docket?

Back