Complaints from Govindia

Govindia

TNPer
On what basis was Kiwi appointed as Speaker Pro Tempore?

I had already expressed interest in working as a Deputy, Kiwi did not. And by my experience and qualifications alone, I should have been selected.

I demand to know why Kingborough had engaged in unjust discrimination when I was clearly qualified to serve as SPT.

Govindia:

I had already expressed interest in working as a Deputy, Kiwi did not. And by my experience and qualifications alone, I should have been selected.

I demand to know why Kingborough had engaged in unjust discrimination when I was clearly qualified to serve as SPT.
I was appointed as Deputy Speaker by King. So no, not Speaker Pro Temp although I did make that mistake myself.

If you have any problem with that decision, can you please PM him about it? As it is his discretion to choose as he wishes and this is not the thread to be discussing that.

Kiwi:
Govindia:

I was appointed as Deputy Speaker by King. So no, not Speaker Pro Temp although I did make that mistake myself.

If you have any problem with that decision, can you please PM him about it? As it is his discretion to choose as he wishes and this is not the thread to be discussing that.
Yea, choosing a lesser experienced candidate over someone who is more qualified is certainly not a legitimate reason to voice concern at all <_<

Govindia:
Kiwi:
Govindia:

Yea, choosing a lesser experienced candidate over someone who is more qualified is certainly not a legitimate reason to voice concern at all <_<
Please feel free to voice concern in a PM :)

At any rate - the changes seem acceptable to the legislation.

Govindia:
Kiwi:
Govindia:

To me it just sounds like you are having a little dummy spit. Unhappy that you didn't get what you want and making a show about it.

Gov, one of the privileges of being elected Speaker is choosing your own deputy. It's not yours to demand. It's not a formally defined office at the moment (the provision in the old legal code for a option to appoint a deputy speaker were repealed.)

So I am baffled why you are even complaining about this. Seriously. Chill out, dude.

I know. I was overlooked for the job too. :cry:

Seriously, perhaps the problem was not so much your experience of the job as others' experience of you?

Bluntly, you lack maturity - which is evident in the OP of this split thread.

King's choice of deputy is superb, and I commend him highly for it.

Picking me would have also been a good choice. I have the experience and know how in being a speaker. If Mahaj can pick Unibot for his deputy for his experience, clearly Kingborough should have picked the more experienced one for the job, myself, instead of Kiwi

It makes logical sense.

It makes logical sense that King is free to pick who the hell he wants for Deputy Speaker and throwing a hissy fit is going to do you absolutely no good at all, and kinda proves maybe part of the reason why he -didn't- pick you.

Govindia:
Picking me would have also been a good choice. I have the experience and know how in being a speaker. If Mahaj can pick Unibot for his deputy for his experience, clearly Kingborough should have picked the more experienced one for the job, myself, instead of Kiwi

It makes logical sense.
It only makes sense if you assume that experience and knowhow are the only criteria for the job.

However, temprament and character may also have played a part in Kingborough's selection.

I do, however, have vacancies currently in the Temple of Flemingovia for Journeymen, charged to take the light of Flemingovia around nationstates. If you are looking for a job, apply at the Temple, make a public declaration of your faith, and I will see what I can do.

Abbey Anumia:
It makes logical sense that King is free to pick who the hell he wants for Deputy Speaker and throwing a hissy fit is going to do you absolutely no good at all, and kinda proves maybe part of the reason why he -didn't- pick you.
^^This.

Govindia:

It makes logical sense.
Oh, boo. He could have picked you, but guess what? He didn't. And now it's descrimination? Seriously, get real. What sort of warped sense of descrimination is this? He can pick whoever he wants. There is a whole plethora of people that are *even better* qualified than you and they weren't picked either. So please, spare my brain's blood vessels and stop complaining about some stupid descrimination that doesn't even make sense.

Funkadelia:
Govindia:

It makes logical sense.
Oh, boo. He could have picked you, but guess what? He didn't. And now it's descrimination? Seriously, get real. What sort of warped sense of descrimination is this? He can pick whoever he wants. There is a whole plethora of people that are *even better* qualified than you and they weren't picked either. So please, spare my brain's blood vessels and stop complaining about some stupid descrimination that doesn't even make sense.
I didn't say it was discrimination. I gave a logical response, his was not logical.

Yes, just like how all the other deputies are elected! We can't have the Speaker's deputy not following in lockstep!

Wait...the other deputies are appointed? Well, that's weird.

Tim:
Pasargad:
IMHO deputy speaker should be elected and not chosen by speaker
So that you can end up with a deputy that you potentially can't work with?
No thanks
Everyone should be capable of working with both people they like and whom they dislike. That also includes choosing someone on the basis of merits and experience and skillsets, not popularity.

It's called real professionalism, practised by every business worldwide.

Govindia:
Funkadelia:
Govindia:

It makes logical sense.
I didn't say it was discrimination. I gave a logical response, his was not logical.
Also,

I'm getting this from your opening post

you clearly claimed "discrimination"

Govindia:
Tim:
Pasargad:
No thanks
Everyone should be capable of working with both people they like and whom they dislike. That also includes choosing someone on the basis of merits and experience and skillsets, not popularity.

It's called real professionalism, practised by every business worldwide.
Aye but in real life if you run a business, you hire your workers. The people on the street where your business is, do not. And so workers are chosen by merits and by how well they can work with their boss.

One can easily be expected to work with people on his own level, but when he/she hires a Deputy then they pick somebody they can work with.

I think you're just annoyed that you did not get DS, since I don't see you complaining about bad Deputies in the ministries.

Pasargad:
Tim:
Pasargad:
No thanks
that is disturbing coming from the vice delegate
It is disturbing that I would rather work with someone who I can work with, than someone I cannot. How is that disturbing in the slightest? I'm a believer in a government that can function and work together. This means choosing Deputies that you won't constantly argue with.

The deputy also more or less fills the role of senior aid, and would be following orders from the elected official. The Vice Delegate has actual constitutional responsibilities separate from those of the delegate.

Tim:
Pasargad:
Tim:
Pasargad:
No thanks
It is disturbing that I would rather work with someone who I can work with, than someone I cannot. How is that disturbing in the slightest? I'm a believer in a government that can function and work together. This means choosing Deputies that you won't constantly argue with.
no one forces anyone to an elected position and may be you should not care about 47 % who are against you :bat:

Govindia,

I'm disturbed that you claimed discrimination here. In order for the Speaker to discriminate in this case you would have to have been the most qualified of the candidates and b/c of something that has nothing to do with the job itself (i.e. race, sexual identity, etc) you were not picked for the job. To me, we all pick deputies we believe we can 'work with' and that's a significant determinant amongst other qualifications.

I think you should not use words like discrimination without serious evidence to that effect.

Pasargad:
no one forces anyone to an elected position and may be you should not care about 47 % who are against you :bat:
Oh, a Romney reference, how quaint. No, this isn't meant to be a political position, it's meant to be an assistant. Would you hire onto a job someone you know you'll never get along with and argue with most of the time? Not unless you're some kind of an idiot. Forcing Ministers to work with elected Deputies is going beyond being "fair and democratic" and into pure fanaticism, implying that Ministers are not capable of picking their own partners and must be told by the people whom to work hand in hand with.

We elected the Ministers and trust them to do their jobs, we should trust them in their appointment of Deputy as well and not question it because they didn't pick the person you wanted them to pick.

Don't like it? Put them up for Recall.

Hey Gov,

Sorry if I didn't make it clear but I meant for you to PM *king* as he made the decision.

Here is a list of different factors that may have impacted his decision:
  • Your character and recent conduct.
  • The fact we were both ProP members at the time might have played a part although I doubt it.
  • The fact that we are both friends and have a good working relationship. This more than anything is probably what did it for King. We get on well and have no problem calling each other out when each person does something wrong.
  • He clearly thinks the deputy position should be a learning opportunity.
  • Believe it or not, I'm actually more active than you are.

You know I also don't agree with Mahaj's choice of Unibot but it is his choice.

Also if you're talking about experience... I have been an administrator / moderator on forums in much bigger communities and am undertaking a law degree in real life. I'm sure I can handle it :)

I think I'm finally beginning to understand why so many people like BW. He says what most of us are thinking.

But please Gov, don't fret about it okay? I'm sure there will be plenty of elected positions coming up that you can apply for.[/list]

Tim:
Pasargad:
Tim:
Pasargad:
No thanks
Working with people means working with those you personally like and dislike.

I have been speaker here before, a Deputy Speaker, and even a Minister here as well as a Cabinet adviser. I know how to work with people I like and do not like, unlike you Tim. If you claim you're capable of working with people you LIKE and don't like, you would have kept me in the Diplomatic Corps instead of continuing the Anti-Govindia camp's personal vendetta.

I am capable of doing that, having worked for multiple engineering teams across five different Fortune 500 companies and having five years of experience dealing with systems engineering, project management, and integration. Don't lecture me please on how to conduct myself professionally.

Then perhaps you should start acting professionally, instead of acting like a child who's hasn't been allowed to play with his toys.

Well, Govindia, much as I admire the chutzpah of a man who skates on thin ice, there is only one direction this thread is going to travel in.

I can only take so much puerile behaviour before the bile rises in my throat and I barf over my keyboard.

In the interest of sanity, civility and my computer equipment ....

Thread locked

Back