Blue Wolf -- Eluvatar

Eluvatar:
As punkd appears to have a legal mind, and interest in persecuting me, perhaps he could be selected as a more lucid Special Assistant to make a determination and possibly prosecute?
Blue Wolf, note the one word.

:facepalm:

Clarification would be appropriate on a few issues:

A) No disrespect to FALCONKATS but that ruling made no sense.

B) It is quite clearly a criminal matter.

C) Uh... what?

Eluvatar:
I would like to appeal the decision of the Special Assistant to the Attorney General on the grounds that it makes less sense than Naked Lunch, and completely fails to provide my defense team the opportunity to destroy the ridiculous arguments presented by the complainant.

As punkd appears to have a legal mind, and interest in persecuting me, perhaps he could be selected as a more lucid Special Assistant to make a determination and possibly prosecute?
For the record,

I have no interest in persecuting prosecuting you. I would serve in such capacity if so selected, but I would not take any joy in doing so.

You might mistake my anger at these proceedings as a belief that you are guilty. Nothing could be further from the truth. I hate when procedures are made into a mockery. It doesn't protect anyone.

Grosseschnauzer:
Eluvatar:
Blue Wolf, note the one word.

:facepalm:
Aw, why did you have to point out Elu's grammatical error? Now you've made him feel bad. ;)

FALC:
decision was made like I said it was not going to be popular

Well, there are a few problems here. First, you didn't rule on the case as a Criminal Case, which it was intended to be, is by its nature, and understood to be by everyone except Gross the God who somehow decided it might be a civil case for no given reason.

Second, your own reasoning completely lacks explanation. You gave a decision without even a shred of explanation for the logic that was behind it.

Third, the ruling literally makes no sense in the context of the case and is at best confusing and at worst complete gibberish.

Would you care to address these points, FALC?

I wouldn't object to Punk D.

...Well, I wouldn't except by my very nature I have already corrupted him. I'm afraid he just can't be a replacement. I've also corrupted FALC and every other member of the Regional Assembly, although I'm not sure how, I can only assume with sexual acts.

Sadly, it seems we have no choice but to move on using one of those tainted by my corruption, be it Punk D or someone else. Woe is this Justice, if only I could stop corrupting people with my corruption!

Surely the precedent now is that if someone is recommended by an interested party they cannot be appointed? That is what we have been saying for a while now.

I have a understandable problem with punk d based on his behavior in recent days.

I have no reason but to think that if another SAAG was designated, Blue Wolf would object to whatever they decided unless they did what he wants, whether legally valid or not.

Then there's the problem of whom, given the wide swatch of people that Blue Wolf initially objected to. And I am insistent that it be someone who has served either on the Court or as Attorney General even going back to 2005, when both were first created.

I'm not convinced having completely delegated to a special assistant AG once as demanded by Blue Wolf, that it is appropriate or fair to have him demanding it again because he didn't like the answer he got.

And there's always the civil case route which could be used now that the Court can hear civil cases again, and this office would not have to be involved. Blue Wolf and Eluvatar could represent themselves and fight it out that way.

In other words folks, I have not bought into a redo, a mulligan as it were, and have to be convinced that first, there is even someone acceptable, and second, unless there is and I am convinced of their experience and neutrality given the senesitive this thing still has, I don't promise to buy into it.

P.S. I will be afk for at least some hours on Friday, and will be engaged in other real life things at times on Saturday and Saturday evening (my time). So I'm going to say it now, quit the bitchin' because I will not be impressed with it this weekend.

Grosseschnauzer:
I'm not convinced having completely delegated to a special assistant AG once as demanded by Blue Wolf, that it is appropriate or fair to have him demanding it again because he didn't like the answer he got.
Dude, nobody liked that answer, that answer literally did not make sense. Screwing for virginity makes more sense than that answer. Giving out the death penalty for attempted suicide makes more sense than that answer. Abstract impressionism artwork by the blind makes more sense then that answer. That answer made. no. sense.

I'm sure we can find a special prosecutor that is qualified, and would be satisfactory to both parties. The fact is this answer leaves the case in limbo. BW has no opportunity to have his case heard, and Eluvatar has no opportunity to clear his name.

I'll do it.

I admit to having very little knowledge of the law, but apparently that isn't a bar to being SAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAG

glad i dodged that bullet over labor day weekend.

My whole timeliness rant would have gone to hell...

flem, you are part of the first group that BW objected to having involved with the case, as you had access to the private area of information during the time period the whole thing involves.

Having someone who knows little about TNP's system wouldn't be a wise idea. Since they're objecting to a multiple-termed former Chief and Associate Justice, who wasn't in the original group BW objected to, I have no idea who they will accept.

But even if the leviathan stirred and Grosse moved on this, the prosecution could not be resolved before your end of term.

I think it is clear that nobody is happy with this decision, I urge the attorney general to appoint a competent special prosecutor to assess the case. Even if they decide to not prosecute, we need to have clear details and reasoning behind the decision to prosecute.

The problem in reopening this with another special appointee is finding anyone who has ever served in any of the elected judicial offices of TNP who is not subject to a conflict of interest or bias allegation from Blue Wolf.

Personally, I think we're at the point where the better remedy might be to let the parties take this to court as a civil case where they can fight it out and the court can appoint as many hearing officers as they need to avoid conflict or bias claims. It will allow the two sides to go after each other as they wish, and the court can decide the case as best they can with no precedents other than the current legal provisions and the court rules to whatever extent they would apply.
And it would leave this office out of it as far as trying the case is concerned.

This case is hereby reopened.

Due to the number of recusals requested, I am asking both parties if any recusals are still needed. The AG's office assumes that BW will be recused in this case as the complainant, but the AG is not seeking any other recusals.

This request remains open over the next 24 hours or until both the complainant and defendant post their recusal request(s) or agree no further are necessary.

Attorney Assigned: Punk D

Back