Old R.A. Member Application thread

AMOM said the weather was nice in TNP.

I, Jeux II, as the leader of The North Pacific nation of Youxi II, pledge loyalty to the Constitution, Bill of Rights and Laws of The North Pacific Region, and to act as a responsible member of its society.  I understand that if my Nation leaves The North Pacific region for reasons other than for official government business, that I may be stripped of my right to vote and required to reapply.  I pledge to only register one Nation to vote in The North Pacific.  I understand that my registration of, or attempt to register, multiple Nations to vote in The North Pacific shall warrant the summary withdrawal of my right to vote from all my Nations, past, present, and future, as well as possible expulsion from the Region. I further understand that if any nation under my control directly wages war against the North Pacific, or allies themselves with a region waging war, declared or not, against the North Pacific, this shall warrant the summary withdrawal of my right to vote from all my Nations, past, present, and future, as well as possible expulsion from the Region.  In this manner, I petition the Speaker of The Regional Assembly of The North Pacific region for membership in the Regional Assembly.

Er, seems I was just kicked out for inactivity again...

Earth22 IV

Earth

I, Earth22, as the leader of The North Pacific nation of Earth22 IV), pledge loyalty to the Constitution, Bill of Rights and Laws of The North Pacific Region, and to act as a responsible member of its society. I understand that if my Nation leaves The North Pacific region for reasons other than for official government business, that I may be stripped of my right to vote and required to reapply. I pledge to only register one Nation to vote in The North Pacific. I understand that my registration of, or attempt to register, multiple Nations to vote in The North Pacific shall warrant the summary withdrawal of my right to vote from all my Nations, past, present, and future, as well as possible expulsion from the Region. I further understand that if any nation under my control directly wages war against the North Pacific, or allies themselves with a region waging war, declared or not, against the North Pacific, this shall warrant the summary withdrawal of my right to vote from all my Nations, past, present, and future, as well as possible expulsion from the Region. In this manner, I petition the Speaker of The Regional Assembly of The North Pacific region for membership in the Regional Assembly.

Rhutlania, Todd, NK, SovereignProtectorateStates, and Moo have been security checked by the way. All are clean.

Jeux II and Earth22 remain outstanding, will get to them soon.

Shadowtech Demons

I, Shadowtech, as the leader of The North Pacific nation of Shadowtech Demons, pledge loyalty to the Constitution, Bill of Rights and Laws of The North Pacific Region, and to act as a responsible member of its society. I understand that if my Nation leaves The North Pacific region for reasons other than for official government business, that I may be stripped of my right to vote and required to reapply. I pledge to only register one Nation to vote in The North Pacific. I understand that my registration of, or attempt to register, multiple Nations to vote in The North Pacific shall warrant the summary withdrawal of my right to vote from all my Nations, past, present, and future, as well as possible expulsion from the Region. I further understand that if any nation under my control directly wages war against the North Pacific, or allies themselves with a region waging war, declared or not, against the North Pacific, this shall warrant the summary withdrawal of my right to vote from all my Nations, past, present, and future, as well as possible expulsion from the Region. In this manner, I petition the Speaker of The Regional Assembly of The North Pacific region for membership in the Regional Assembly.

I, Shameless Fitzgerald, as the leader of The North Pacific nation of Shameless Fitzgerald, pledge loyalty to the Constitution, Bill of Rights and Laws of The North Pacific Region, and to act as a responsible member of its society. I understand that if my Nation leaves The North Pacific region for reasons other than for official government business, that I may be stripped of my right to vote and required to reapply. I pledge to only register one Nation to vote in The North Pacific. I understand that my registration of, or attempt to register, multiple Nations to vote in The North Pacific shall warrant the summary withdrawal of my right to vote from all my Nations, past, present, and future, as well as possible expulsion from the Region. I further understand that if any nation under my control directly wages war against the North Pacific, or allies themselves with a region waging war, declared or not, against the North Pacific, this shall warrant the summary withdrawal of my right to vote from all my Nations, past, present, and future, as well as possible expulsion from the Region. In this manner, I petition the Speaker of The Regional Assembly of The North Pacific region for membership in the Regional Assembly.

Jeux II and Earth22 are still clean and cleared.

Let Elu or i know when you have accepted the applicants into the RA, and then they'll be remasked.

The Poo Dynasty

I, John Ashcroft Land, as the leader of The North Pacific nation of The Poo Dynasty, pledge loyalty to the Constitution, Bill of Rights and Laws of The North Pacific Region, and to act as a responsible member of its society. I understand that if my Nation leaves The North Pacific region for reasons other than for official government business, that I may be stripped of my right to vote and required to reapply. I pledge to only register one Nation to vote in The North Pacific. I understand that my registration of, or attempt to register, multiple Nations to vote in The North Pacific shall warrant the summary withdrawal of my right to vote from all my Nations, past, present, and future, as well as possible expulsion from the Region. I further understand that if any nation under my control directly wages war against the North Pacific, or allies themselves with a region waging war, declared or not, against the North Pacific, this shall warrant the summary withdrawal of my right to vote from all my Nations, past, present, and future, as well as possible expulsion from the Region. In this manner, I petition the Speaker of The Regional Assembly of The North Pacific region for membership in the Regional Assembly.

Doesn't seem like I really have much of a choice here, so...

- - JAL's Goddamn application is very reluctantly accepted...

Welcome back. By some miracle. This region really is pretty ridiculous.

Eluvatar:
His eligibility for membership being an unsettled legal question in a current trial?
What is currently under consideration in the trial is the refusal of his application for membership back in July 13th to 14th. His application of November 17th has been accepted.

I assume that the administration team will not defy the elected government of the region and refuse the remasking?

flemingovia:
Eluvatar:
His eligibility for membership being an unsettled legal question in a current trial?
What is currently under consideration in the trial is the refusal of his application for membership back in July 13th to 14th. His application of November 17th has been accepted by the constitutionally elected Speaker of the Regional Assembly.

I assume that the administration team will not defy the elected government of the region and refuse the remasking?

The Delegate hasn't taken a position, but I will note that the Attorney General is as much an elected office as the Speaker is, as well as the justices on the Court.

So a reference to the "elected government" on this issue doesn't really say much.

Whoa back. His application has been accepted. Do you mean that you are now removing him from the regional assembly? The constitution recognises no "induction into the Regional Assembly", whatever that means.

The Speaker has already accepted JAL into the Assembly, I'm not sure they Speaker can call "undo" once that declaration has been formally made. I believe he now has all the rights of any other formal RA member, even if he is not currently masked correctly.

I forgot to ask for a security check and Elu brought that up yesterday. Elu is the one who masks everyone and if he hasn't given JAL a security check I don't expect him to mask him yet. As far as I'm concerned JAL isn't a member of the RA until he is masked.

Hmmm. Leaving aside the JAL case, this is a ruling that carries some implication. If a person's RA membership dates from the moment they are masked, not the moment they are admitted by the Speaker, then this could have implications in the future as to whether a player could stand for a position in the government or run for delegate if (as has happened many times in the past) there is a long delay before the admins get round to remasking.

the more obvious interpretation, however, is that a person becomes a member of the RA when they are admitted to the RA. The remasking simply grants them posting rights on the forums they need to exercise that membership.

BY that interpretation JAL was, briefly, admitted to the regional assembly and has now been illegally expelled from that body.

I'm sick of your dramatic horse shit, Flem. He is lucky I didn't outright deny him entry. The SC is complete and JAL has been admitted. We're not further discussing this.

Back