Embassy of Atrigeas

Don't worry, we have way more than just a flask of rum, we're from Atrigeas!

State of the Region:
May 8th, 2012​

Disaster! The RMB had grown silent as ministers' terms expired without elected successors. The population was stuck in the seventies and the forum was nearly empty. But all was not lost! A few nations stuck with it, spurring on the creation of an actual Constitution!

That Constitution was passed yesterday with a 3-0-1 vote. May 7th has become Atrigeas' first regional holiday, Constitution Day! The region hopes a better organized government will create more activity. Already the region has grown to over 90 nations and the forum has new members. If you're curious about the new government, here is every student's best friend to save you some time:

Sparknotes for the Constitution:
Preamble:
We, the Native Nations of Atrigeas and its Founder, create this Constitution in order to make an awesome region!

Legislature and Electorate: The Popular Assembly
Members: all natives
Leader: Chairman
Powers: make laws, amend the Constitution, elect and recall Chairman/Patron/magistrates, approve treaties, expand the judiciary, overturn judicial decisions

Executive: led and appointed by the Patron
Powers: operations and policy, execution of the Judiciary's decisions

Judiciary: The Tribunal
Leader: Chief Magistrate
Powers: judge and jury of accused nations

Bill of Rights: The Enumerated Rights
1: national sovereignty
2: freedom of speech
3: fair and speedy trials
4: trial before banjection
5: sue for other Rights that are not mentioned

The Elections opened today and the Candidates are running unopposed, but promise to serve the Democracy to the best of their abilities.

The Chairman will set the procedure for the Popular Assembly and organize the writing of a "Natives Bill" to recognize those who have the right to vote.

The Patron will reorganize the executive, combining four different ministries into a sleek new administration. He plans to reward those who work hard with things such as supervisory positions and awards.

The Chief Magistrate will be ready for any criminal or constitutional matter that needs settling. He was a judge under Parliament and someone Atrigeas can trust.

On a different note, the Atrigean Defender Corps has finally gone on a few missions, spotting invasions and alerting our allies in the FRA. Together, we stopped those raids. None Shall Pass!

--PUT,
Former Delegate
Former Speaker

Democracy Always, Tyranny Never

State of the Region: May 30th, '12

Officers of the Government:
Founder: Atrigeas
Chairman: Ironicness (elected)
Chief Magistrate: House of Stark (elected)
Patron: People United Together (elected)
Delegate: Musgoria (appointed)

Progress:
1) Recruiting has been organized according to GCR, dividing the work load into easy chucks of 10 minute per day per person.
2) A regional map had been created, check it out: link
3) Foreign affairs is now administered by the Foreign Service. Ambassadors will be assigned as individuals volunteer.
4) The Patron has given out awards for the month of May! Check them out:

Adventurer Extraordinaire: Given to an exemplary RPer
Urelia

Ace Legislator: Given to the sponsor of pertinent legislation.
Ironicness

Top Recruiter: Given to whomever sent the most TGs.
Musgoria

Spitting Image: Given to a diplomat that's done a great job representing Atrigeas' interests abroad.
House of Stark

Half Dead Zombie: Given to a nation that's come back from oblivion or the brink thereof.
SungJohia

No Comment: Given to a nosy reporter we all love to hate!
Ironicness

That Foreign Kid: Given to a true friend of Atrigeas!
Diamete from Osiris

A Dictionary: Given to whomever needs to learn to spell the most.
Wopruthien from the FRA

Nicest Smile: Given to the friendliest nation in Atrigeas!
Groundisred

Patron's Pick: The runner up for best all around.
House of Stark

Best All Around: Maybe not the winner of another award for one thing done especially well, but has done a great job doing lots of things.
Ironicness

News and Announcements:

--Atrigeas joined the NationStates Republic!
We look forward to working with our new friends!

--Elections: Wednesday, June 6th
The next update maybe courtesy of a new administration! The positions of Chairman, Chief Magistrate and Patron will all be contested in this next election.

Weird Quote of the Month:
Pigguma:
NO SORRY WE DONT WANT TO JOIN YOUR BANANA HOSEY.. POTATO OUT.

Nice update but some of those colours are impossible to read against our light background. I'd suggest changing the yellows to goldenrod, at least :)

stateof
July 2012

Democracy Forever, Tyranny Never!

Government Officers
Founder: Atrigeas
Chairman: Ironicness
Chief Magistrate: (removed)
Patron: People United Together

Regional Politics
Ironicness invades island
During discussions on the regional map, Ironicness's Ministry of Defense announced its plan to invade a small unincorporated island in the East Ocean. The regional community acted quickly on this invasion, but in differing ways. Free Word Commune's Department of Peace offered peaceful resolve (met by threats of missile attacks), while PUT's government demanded a release in 72 hours, under threat of war.
Security Council passes
People United Together's proposal to create a Security Council for Atrigeas passed, preventing conflicts all over Atrigeas. The Council is charged with commending nations, condemning nations, defending nations, and ordaining unoccupied territories. The complete proposal can be found here.
Popular Assembly Makeover
Our Popular Assembly went through many changes recently. Most notably, we started using the WA Format, allowing for better legislation, and also now we think we're more important. The Chairman also introduced a new Archives area, using state-of-the-art technology to locate every piece of legislation ever created.

The Who's Who of Atrigeas
WHO: Ironicness
WHAT: Foreign Secretary
WHY: Patron McVoy created a new cabinet after realizing he was doing all the work. Iro (as he's known around Atrigeas) was appointed Foreign Secretary, responsible for creating and maintaining Atrigeas' many regional relations. Also, he writes the State of the Region! *wink*

WHO: New Havenportvilleburg
WHAT: Immigration Secretary
WHY: Another new Cabinet member, New Haven is responsible for recruiting and welcoming.

WHO: House of Stark
WHAT: Ex-Chief Magistrate
WHY: The former head honcho of the Tribunal, HoS was stripped of his position in a unanimous vote by the Popular Assembly, after what may be the longest inactivity span of an elected official ever in Atrigeas.

Voting in the WA
Intangible Cultural Heritage For (4-2)
Liberate Benevolent Capitalism For (6-0) ?unanimous
Resolving WA Trade Disputes For (8-2)
Commend The Featured Region Followers For (9-0) ?unanimous
Repeal "Nuclear Power Safety Act" Against (3-6)
Legal Safety for Travelers Against (2-9)
Liberate Hanseatic League Against (2-8)

Best Regards,
-Ironicness,
Foreign Secretary

Atrigeas • October 2012
STATE OF THE REGION
democratia aeternum, tyrannis nunquam

Government:
Founder Atrigeas
Patron Ironicness
Chairman vacant
Chief Magistrate New Havenportvilleburg
POPULATION 60

REGIONAL HAPPENINGS:

- RESIGNATION Atrigeas suffered a major loss this past month when Patron People United Together announced his resignation for RL reasons. The government was shocked but made the best of it, and gave PUT a send-off that made us all feel better. :D In the weeks after, he found that though he could not spend time in the Hall of the Patron, he remained loyal to the region, organizing more allies, and keeping us one of the greatest regions around!

- APPOINTMENT As Vice Patron, Ironicness became the Atrigean Patron and Delegate. One of his first official acts was to write the State of the Region, because although he was looking forward to his promotion and NOT doing it, we haven't found a Vice Patron yet. Iro vowed to follow in PUT's footsteps and keep Atrigeas great! He also announced that he was looking into jumpstarting elections, since Atrigeas' Constitution has no clause for term limits! :O However, this may have to wait since forum activity for Atrigeas is at a low.

- ASSASSIN We began playing C.W. Assassin, a game where we attempt to post after our target and try not to get assassinated ourselves! Stay tuned for the hit list.....YOU'RE NEXT

-NEW PROGRAM Patron Ironicness jumpstarted a great new program for Atrigeas! The W.F.E.E.F.W Initiative (WFE Extroardinary Friend of the Week) ensures that the region recognizes one extraordinary nation a week to keep happiness and activity up. Placed in charge of the program was newly appointed Minister Omnimina, who will be serving as Minister of Exultations hopefully for the rest of Iro's term!

- N.S. REPUBLIC People United Together was elected President of the NationStates Republic Alliance! He's doing a great job!

Allo. I'm working as Ambassador, as I'm the patron :P

badge.png

Official Press Release
Hall of the Patron of Atrigeas

RE: Government Repeal

-Release Begins-

Honored friends, allies, members of the regional family. We thank you for your time, work, and kindness towards my office. At this time, I am saddened to announce that the region may soon disintegrate as soon as a few days.

You see, a former Patron and regional revolutionary named People United Together declared a sweep of the government. Although perhaps necessary to sustain the region, these methods were crude and illegal. He claimed a group had the power to kill our Constitution just because they wished it. Luckily, regional forces met PUT quickly. I myself had a long period of negotiations with him, and we came to a consensus. His intentions were different than had been publicly grasped, and we had both wanted the best for the region.

The Chairman of the Popular Assembly, under my and many citizens' advice, decided to settle it once and for all. He proposed a Second Amendment that repeals the Constitution and strikes down the government. These actions were, in smaller scale, what the revolutionaries had intended, yet going through legal responsibility. In return for a few actions that the Hall of the Patron had requested in the negotiations, I myself endorsed the bill. It is now on the voting table and I see no reason why it will not pass.

I write now as, almost certainly, the lame, if not sentenced to execution, duck of the government. With respect to the law, I have but four days until my post will probably be dissolved. While I support this bill on several counts, such as activity and organization, I regret that I will no longer be able to serve the people and our allies abroad as I had so taken joy in doing and helping the community at large. I thank all of you for your support.

May democracy rest forever in your hearts, and no tyranny nor unfairness pass over your home.

Gratified,
Ironicness
Patron of Atrigeas

Good news, TNP, you'll be getting quite a bit more of my time :P

badge.png

Official Press Release
Hall of the Patron of Atrigeas

RE: Resignation

-Release Begins-

Honored friends and allies of Atrigeas, thank you for sticking with and supporting us during this time of turmoil for the region.

Recently, I talked for what may be the last time to the person who was my first and foremost friend in this... ah... game region: People United Together, a former Patron and founder of the government. We have always gotten along, probably because I did not realize what a patsy he has played me for. Almost my entire time in Atrigeas, his rod has been up my back. When I came into the position of Patron, it most likely was only because he thought it would work.

PUT has just attempted to overthrow the entire region by removing the Constitution, because although it might have a sliver of truth in there, it by and large fits with his agenda. This is unacceptable, yet for a long time of negotiating I believed I was getting something done and he ended up swinging me, the Patron of this region, again into his plans. I publicly approved them. Why? The world may never know.

This is the last time I, as a public official, am content with dealing with him. Hopefully, the next time I come back, he will have been taken to the only position that he may ever gain in a fair, unbiased way: convicted by the regional judiciary. I have faith in the remaining citizens of Atrigeas, and that they will rise and form the first fairly-functioning government this region has ever seen.

I took an oath to, as long as I am Patron, protect and serve the region. It seems now, with this turn of events and this plug of justice in the way, I have no way to do so. I therefore resign from the office of Patron of Atrigeas, effective December 14, 2012 at 11:59 PM CST.

Thank you for your support and service. I will no doubt continue my career (in this world), you may telegram the nation of Ironicness if you wish.

May democracy rest forever in your hearts, and no tyranny nor unfairness pass over your home.

Gratified,
Ironicness
Patron of Atrigeas

badge.png
Official Press Release, Atrigeas
The Second Amendment to the Atrigean Constitution
i. The Constitution of the region of Atrigeas is hereby repealed.
a. The government of the region of Atrigeas will hereby cease activity.

ii. This Amendment will take effect one day after it is approved by the necessary 2/3 majority of the Popular Assembly, therefore allowing government to close its affairs before it is closed legally.

This Amendment passed yesterday, therefore, as of time of posting, the Constitution is no longer in effect and the Atrigean government has ceased activity.

Thank you.

Based on the last two recent updates, my discussions with the Foreign Minister Tim, and our ambassador to Atrigeas Iro, we have decided to close the Atrigeas embassy.

A full explanation on the situation in Atrigeas can be read here:

New_Sorvun_Emblem_v3_2_copy.png

From the Desk of the Secretary of State of The Second Republic of New Sorvun
Atrigean Emigration
Citizens of New Sorvun, Atrigean Emigrants, and Friends Abroad:
Over the past few weeks, we have witnessed a chain of events unfold in our neighboring region, Atrigeas. As we saw the situation in Atrigeas deteriorate further, there was little we as New Sorvunites could do except watch on in disbelief that a region with such potential as Atrigeas collapsed from within. As a by-product of this, Atlantis and New Sorvun felt we had no choice but to cut them out of the very project that they had started, and I watched diligently to see what kind of reaction the Atrigeans would have once the realized they had been cut out of their dream.
At first there was nothing. No signs that they even knew they were ejected, but then this afternoon it happened, on the Atrigean RMB, a voice from their former Patron and Delegate rung out:
Hello, regional colleagues:
Our friends in the Commonwealth of Regions have informed me that they have decided to exclude Atrigeas from the Charter deliberations due to steps taken by People United Together. I take this as the final tipping of the balance. I invite all nations to move to New Sorvun, Atrigeas's partner region, therefore leaving PUT with the desert wasteland of a region that he deserves to rule.
Thank you,IronicnessResigned Citizen, Delegate, and Patron of Atrigeas
Iro, as he likes to be called, approached me moments after this was placed on the RMB seeking guidance on this. Most specifically on how to make the transition, should Atrigeans decide to emigrate, appealing and comfortable to the emigrants. I admit this has caught me off guard, however I assured him that New Sorvunites are generally accepting of everyone.
This shall be handled informally, i.e. no treaties, unless the Atrigean Emigrants wish to draft one. There are a couple of things the emigrants can do in New Sorvun to preserve their region's culture. For instance, if there are at least four emigrants, they can petition the League of Nations (our legislature) to form a province in New Sorvun, which offers semi-autonomy where they can establish their own local government if they so wish.
Regardless if they create a province or not, there is no transitional period, as soon as they become citizens they can involve themselves in our government, our political parties, our military, and/or our RPs. They will not be treated as second-class, this I can personally assure. Further more, the emigrants can stay as long as they wish, this is a right by New Sorvun citizens, no treaties required. Even if they only reside here until they find an opportunity to reclaim their homeland, that is fine, we will accept you nonetheless.
The emigrants are escaping the despotic notions of an ambitious soul, though this despot claims to be doing things for their best interests, these emigrants have seen through his deceit, and now I ask that New Sorvun greets them with open arms. We shall be your refuge, and we will protect you from this despot. If he and his cohorts pursue you and harass you, rest assured, he will be dealt with just as swiftly.
New Sorvun is a region of democracy and law, and will never mistreat its citizens, and I leave you with the immortal motto of the Atrigean people, for it is a notion that New Sorvunites also hold close to their hearts:
Democracy Always, Tyranny Never!

Back