The Temple of Flemingovia

After a long delay, regal music fills the temple and the king and queen approach the pulsating light that reveals the divine presence of Flemingovia.

"Your majesty, Queen Meghan, to you belongs the greatest burden in your kingdom. Not for you the glory of battle or the pleasures of court. You must send others to do your bidding and sometimes to die at your command. You must execute justice fairly and settle disputes with wisdom. You must be parents to your subjects and rule them with love and patience. In short, to be good rulers you must see yourselves as servants.

That is why I have made you wait for baptism. You have experienced frustration, and have been humbled. Remember this day. Remember how your subjects feel and treat them with tenderness.

I baptise you into the Flemingovian faith."

Thank you, your holiness.

We shall return to our Kingdom, and continue to spread the word of Flemingovia. Thanks be to Flemingod!

*The Royal Family depart the temple*

Oh, Great and Powerful Flemingovia God, which cheese shall be thy cheese should I get elected Delegate and formally create a Ministry of Cheese?

Let thy will be known and thy propensity for a specific variety of enzyme and bacteria fermented dairy product (excluding yogurt and Mongolian Milk Wine which aren't really cheeses and thus do not warrant recognition as being fermented dairy comestibles).

00454.jpg

And the great God Flemingovia spoke and said "I am pleased with thee for thy devotion to cheese, which is the food of god's favour (except American Cheese, which I creatred as a type of shoe sole, but the Americans started eating for some reason).

For thy devotion I grant thee new emoticons to help thy worship:

colon - cheese - colon

:cheese:

and colon - flemingovia1 - colon

:flemingovia1:

Astarial enters the silent temple, lilac skirts swishing softly as she approaches the throne of Flemingovia to kneel before her god.

"Oh Flemingovia, greatest of gods, please grant your high priestess a blessing in these difficult times."

[me] bows to Flemingovia as he enters the temple

My lord, I come before you today to ask for your blessing, so that I may go forth as Archbishop of Flemingovianism and spread the light to the infidels!

Also #templeofflemingovia has been created on IRC!

Hail Flemingovia!

Your godliness, we beseech that you recognize the baptisms of Windy, Venico, and Cormac, welcoming them into the true faith of flemingovianism.

[17:04] <@ArchbishopOfFlemingovia> Our prayers will echo
[17:04] * @HighPriestessOfFlemingovia kneels in front of flemingovia's throne
[17:04] <@ArchbishopOfFlemingovia> up to the heavens
[17:04] * @ArchbishopOfFlemingovia kneels besides the High Priestess
[17:05] <@ArchbishopOfFlemingovia> Kneel my children
[17:05] <+Venico> .[me]kneels
[17:05] * +Venico kneels
[17:05] * +Windy kneels
[17:05] * +Venico fails sometimes
[17:05] <@ArchbishopOfFlemingovia> Cormac you need to kneel my child
[17:05] <@ArchbishopOfFlemingovia> Otherwise you may only observe the prayer
[17:06] * +Venico puts a hand behind Cormac's knees and forces him down
[17:06] <+Venico> We're good now
[17:06] <@HighPriestessOfFlemingovia> Excellent
[17:06] <@ArchbishopOfFlemingovia> Excellent
[17:06] <@ArchbishopOfFlemingovia> Hail Flemingovia!
[17:06] <@HighPriestessOfFlemingovia> Hail Flemingovia!
[17:06] <@ArchbishopOfFlemingovia> Long may he reign!
[17:07] <+Venico> Hail Flemingovia! Long may he reign!
[17:07] <@ArchbishopOfFlemingovia> May the Flemingovian consitution be instituted quickly for our salvation!
[17:07] <@HighPriestessOfFlemingovia> May Flemingovia watch over us with his benevolence!
[17:08] <@ArchbishopOfFlemingovia> We pledge to not follow false gods
[17:08] <@ArchbishopOfFlemingovia> and to adopt the flemingovian mantra
[17:08] <@HighPriestessOfFlemingovia> Oh Flemingovia, here these the prayers of your faithful
[17:08] <@HighPriestessOfFlemingovia> *hear
[17:08] <@ArchbishopOfFlemingovia> Show us your love!
[17:08] <+Venico> SHOW US YOUR HEART!
[17:09] <@ArchbishopOfFlemingovia> Let us feel the light of your benevolence shine upon us
[17:09] <@ArchbishopOfFlemingovia> With you, we will never feel lost, abandoned, or unloved
[17:09] <@HighPriestessOfFlemingovia> Let us never be without you
[17:09] <@HighPriestessOfFlemingovia> For without you, we are as nothing
[17:10] <@ArchbishopOfFlemingovia> Omg Govindia attempts to interrupt this holy prayer. Flemingovia please smite him for endlessly querying me!
[17:11] * +Cormac guffaws... but reverently.
[17:11] <@HighPriestessOfFlemingovia> Oh Flemingovia, free us from those satans that plague us!
[17:12] <@HighPriestessOfFlemingovia> Free us from Govindia, and from Grosseschnauzer, and from the Elugarch!
[17:12] <@ArchbishopOfFlemingovia> Flemingovia help us find eternal happinesss
[17:12] <@ArchbishopOfFlemingovia> Free us from them all
[17:12] <@ArchbishopOfFlemingovia> only with you can we truly be free!
[17:12] <@HighPriestessOfFlemingovia> Flemingovia, send us your blessings
[17:12] <@HighPriestessOfFlemingovia> and send down upon us the blessings of your saints
[17:12] <@HighPriestessOfFlemingovia> Particularly Saint Blue Wolf, who smote Govindia in a mighty smiting.
[17:12] <@ArchbishopOfFlemingovia> who will hold us and care for us as you have done
[17:13] <@HighPriestessOfFlemingovia> Praise be to Flemingovia, God of gods!
[17:13] <@ArchbishopOfFlemingovia> The god
[17:14] <@ArchbishopOfFlemingovia> The one
[17:14] <@ArchbishopOfFlemingovia> The only one
[17:14] <+Venico> The only
[17:14] <@ArchbishopOfFlemingovia> Who can truly lead us to freedom
[17:14] <@ArchbishopOfFlemingovia> and salvation
[17:14] <@HighPriestessOfFlemingovia> Cormac, Venico, Windy, please turn your hymnals to page http://forum.thenorthpacific.org/single/?p=8046643&t=6904416 to join us in a rendition of The Age of Flemingovia
[17:14] * +Cormac flips pages of the hymnal.
[17:15] * @HighPriestessOfFlemingovia clears her throat

***insert a rousing rendition of The Age of Flemingovia***

[17:18] * @HighPriestessOfFlemingovia rises and raises her hands
[17:18] <@HighPriestessOfFlemingovia> As it was sung, so shall it be!
[17:18] <@HighPriestessOfFlemingovia> FLEMINGOVIA!
[17:18] <@ArchbishopOfFlemingovia> It shall be, as it was sung
[17:18] <@ArchbishopOfFlemingovia> Flemingovia!
[17:19] <+Venico> Oh Flem Flem! Shine on me!
[17:19] <@ArchbishopOfFlemingovia> Shine in him Flem! Reach for his soul!
[17:21] <@ArchbishopOfFlemingovia> Flemingovia loves you all
[17:21] <@ArchbishopOfFlemingovia> As you are his children
[17:21] <@ArchbishopOfFlemingovia> Through him, with him in him, through our noble lord Flemingovia, light shines down on you all
[17:21] <@ArchbishopOfFlemingovia> We baptize you in the true faith
[17:21] * @HighPriestessOfFlemingovia splashes water onto Cormac
[17:21] * @HighPriestessOfFlemingovia splashes water onto Venico
[17:21] * @HighPriestessOfFlemingovia splashes water onto Windy
[17:21] * @ArchbishopOfFlemingovia splashes water on Windy
[17:22] * @ArchbishopOfFlemingovia splashes water on Cormac and Venico
[17:22] <@HighPriestessOfFlemingovia> Rise, and go forth in true faith!
[17:22] <@HighPriestessOfFlemingovia> Never doubtful of your god's love and power!
[17:22] <@ArchbishopOfFlemingovia> Rise, and fight the infidels! Bring Flemingovianism to all the regions
[17:22] <@HighPriestessOfFlemingovia> Amen.
[17:22] <@ArchbishopOfFlemingovia> Amen.
[17:22] <@ArchbishopOfFlemingovia> Thanks be to Flemingovia
[17:22] <+Venico> AMEN!

[me]speaks to his people:

"Oh my children, to better prepare myself for the task of leading TNP into the light, I am going to go on Spiritual Retreat to the wilderness of Exmoor for a week."

While I am gone - walk in the light.

We shall, lord! We shall continue to spread the word of your light and love! Hear now, this blessing of your new devotee!

[09:53] <@HighPriestessOfFlemingovia> let us begin!
[09:53] * @HighPriestessOfFlemingovia kneels before the throne of flemingovia
[09:54] * @HighPriestOfFlemingovia kneels before the altar of flemingovia
[09:54] <@ArchbishopofFlemingovia> Hail Flemingovia!
[09:54] * @ArchbishopofFlemingovia kneels
[09:54] <@HighPriestOfFlemingovia> Hail!
[09:54] <@HighPriestessOfFlemingovia> Hail!
[09:54] <@ArchbishopofFlemingovia> Thanks be to Flemingovia!
[09:54] <@HighPriestessOfFlemingovia> Praise his power!
[09:54] <@HighPriestOfFlemingovia> Give thanks for our prosperity!
[09:55] <@ArchbishopofFlemingovia> Praise his benevolence
[09:55] <@HighPriestOfFlemingovia> Hear Hear
[09:55] <@ArchbishopofFlemingovia> Let us lead OE into the light, into the arms of the one and true god
[09:55] <@ArchbishopofFlemingovia> Things shall be as he decrees or it will end
[09:56] <@ArchbishopofFlemingovia> Hail Flemingovia!
[09:56] <@HighPriestessOfFlemingovia> Hail Flemingovia
[09:56] <@HighPriestessOfFlemingovia> 1
[09:56] <@HighPriestessOfFlemingovia> !
[09:56] <@HighPriestOfFlemingovia> Hail Flemgod!
[09:56] <@HighPriestOfFlemingovia> The One God!
[09:56] <@HighPriestessOfFlemingovia> Let your servant OE be ever vigilant, ever faithful
[09:57] <@HighPriestessOfFlemingovia> let him feel the light of your love, and the force of your presence
[09:57] <@HighPriestOfFlemingovia> Let him truly live!
[09:57] <@HighPriestOfFlemingovia> Bask in your glory!
[09:57] <@HighPriestessOfFlemingovia> Let him revel in your power!
[09:57] * @HighPriestessOfFlemingovia splashes OE with holy water
[09:58] <+OE> Hail Flemingovia!
[09:58] <+OE> (who's tim?)
[09:58] * @HighPriestOfFlemingovia douses OE with Holy Water
[09:58] * @ArchbishopofFlemingovia sprays holy water on OE
[09:58] <@HighPriestessOfFlemingovia> (Tim is the high priest)
[09:58] <@ArchbishopofFlemingovia> Thanks be to Flemingovia!
[09:58] <@HighPriestOfFlemingovia> I'm the High Priest
[09:58] <@HighPriestOfFlemingovia> Give thanks!
[09:58] <@HighPriestessOfFlemingovia> Thanks be!
[09:58] <@ArchbishopofFlemingovia> Outside names are not important with Flemingovia
[09:58] <@HighPriestessOfFlemingovia> Walk forth, OE, blessed with his almighty blessing
[09:58] <@ArchbishopofFlemingovia> Spread the light!
[09:58] * +OE walks forth
[09:58] <@HighPriestessOfFlemingovia> Spread the light of flemingovia across the world!
[09:58] <@ArchbishopofFlemingovia> Convert or destroy the Infidels!
[09:59] <+OE> sounds a little harsh o.O
[09:59] <@HighPriestOfFlemingovia> Assimilate or Exterminate!
[09:59] <@ArchbishopofFlemingovia> Hail Flemingovia!
[09:59] <+OE> :(
[09:59] <@HighPriestOfFlemingovia> Hail Hail!
[09:59] <+OE> Hail Flemingovia!
[09:59] <@HighPriestessOfFlemingovia> Hail flemingovia!
[09:59] <@ArchbishopofFlemingovia> Do not be sad my child, Flemingovia loves you!
[09:59] <+OE> but i'm a lover, not a fighter
[09:59] <@HighPriestessOfFlemingovia> He has room for lovers, fear not
[09:59] <@ArchbishopofFlemingovia> Flemingovia loves us all, it is for he we fight!
[09:59] <@HighPriestOfFlemingovia> We convert by love.
[10:00] <@HighPriestOfFlemingovia> We love Flemingovia and for him we fight!
[10:00] <@HighPriestessOfFlemingovia> As you joined for love, so let you bring others into the true faith by love
[10:00] * +OE doesn't like to fight :(
[10:00] <@HighPriestessOfFlemingovia> Then love, friend!
[10:00] <+OE> okay!
[10:00] <+OE> :D
[10:00] * +OE loves
[10:01] <@ArchbishopofFlemingovia> Hail Flemingovia!
[10:01] <@HighPriestOfFlemingovia> Hail!
[10:01] <+OE> Hail!
[10:01] <@HighPriestessOfFlemingovia> Hail!
[10:01] <+OE> so what now?
[10:01] <+OE> should we eat King?
[10:02] <@HighPriestessOfFlemingovia> No, now we shall celebrate!
[10:02] * @HighPriestessOfFlemingovia dances
[10:02] <@ArchbishopofFlemingovia> Through him, in him with him, through the sacrifice of our lord flemingovia we find the light and our salvation
[10:02] * +OE dances!
[10:02] * @HighPriestOfFlemingovia dances
[10:02] * @ArchbishopofFlemingovia does the wiggle wiggle wiggle

On an unrelated note, oh flemingovia, god of gods, can you do something about these bugbites? They itch to the high heavens!

flemingovia:
flemingovia speaks to his people:

"Oh my children, to better prepare myself for the task of leading TNP into the light, I am going to go on Spiritual Retreat to the wilderness of Exmoor for a week."

While I am gone - walk in the light.
Make sure you bring carrots for the wild ponies!

A man, dressed in tattered robes, dirty from many days of travel, arrives at the temple and almost stumbles as he drops to his knees to better praise the Flemgod.

"My lord, my saviour, I come to you to beg permission to spread the light of Flemingovianism outwards to the Europeian realms. I shall hopefully become their leader and spread the Kingdom of God further."

Announcements: The Empress Astarial; McMasterdon and MadJack are named Journeymen. They are charged to take the light of Flemingovianism to other regions.

Abstain, the artist formerly known as Limi, is named Inquisitor General, and is charged to seek out and counter all heresies and evils.

Grosseschnauzer, by virtue of his immobility, is named Royal Statue, and put up outside the Temple doors.

By Divine Decree, Fiqh religious courts are established in TNP as an alternative to the stagnant and moribund secular legal system.

Tim, thou art confirmed as a journeyman of the Flemingovian religion.

Go forth and tell the unenlightened of the wonders of Flemingovianism.

I am here. I am always here. But i will not force my will on the region. A while ago they voted not to adopt the flemingovian constitution at the moment. I respect that decision, even though it doomed the region to an unworkable constitution, a somnambulant Attorney General and the constant picking of deputies who are obviously not the best qualified or experienced for the job.

as time passes more and more people are seeing that Flemingovianism is the best way forward for the region. With every incident of asshattery that the region suffers at the hands of Constitution, more people come to realise that Flemingovianism offers a better way. In time, they will be the majority. Then you will no longer ask "where is Flemingovia?" because I will be in the hearts of every man, woman and child in the region.

Gentle Biyah has seen the light and converted, pledging himself to follow your cause. I beseech thee, my lord, to accept his love and praise of your glory.

Hail Flemingovia!

Fear Not, people of TNP. I have heard thy cries of terror concerning the Mayan End of the World. I have exercised my Godly powers. This disaster will not befall you, and when you are delivered you shall know that I am God.

I praise thy god!
I bleed for thy god!
I set upon striving and striding to do what my god commands. Thus I place my hero in the great Temple.
Ashir from The Magazine of Ashir in the great Book of Cheese.
Ashir the flood warrior.

The Hall of god stands with prophets and heroes.

Long shall Flemigovia live.
I am devoting myself to preach his wisdom to non-believers.

Correct. But then again. Everything is cheese. Wheel of Karma, Wheel of Cheese.

As the Cheese God says: "The mouse nibbling on a crumb of cheddar knows little of the entire cheese shop".

monkcopyb.jpg

The noonday sun beams bright and blinding overhead. The variegated city streets wending their way to the foundations of this holy house are quiet, empty. Only a few faint voices can be heard, far off, behind closed doors.

A lone pilgrim makes her way to the steps of this stark, stone edifice. Cloaked and bowed, robes besmirched with the evidence of a long journey through mists of frittered time, across mmorpg valleys of dust and decay, spanning great seas of IRL turmoil. Through the dark and desperate forest of bone cancer and over the potholed and diverting roads of social media, she has come.

Come to lay upon the altar, spoils and offerings from her many travels. Come to pay homage and atone for long absence and her perilous fall into the ways of sin and worldly distraction. Setting a silk-covered basket of gold and goodies at the feet of the great throne, (including some Turkish delight for which great pains were taken to ensure that it had stayed cool and hadn't melted in the hot sun) IG uncovers her head and kneels.

"Forgive me, Flemingovia, for I have sinned," she whispers, her voice echoing off the great pillars of this empty hall, "I have lost my ways and my faith, in great distances of time, and on the foreign shores of lesser lands. I offer these remunerations and humbly plea to once again be allowed to walk in the light of thy word and the grace of thy presence. To once again lay siege upon the deafening silence and astonishing stuffiness that has fallen upon this continent."

Unsheathing the long, curved blade that had been hanging at her side, beneath her cloak, IG lays it on the cool marble.

"Direct this Sword of Silliness, Snark & Sincerity, Great Flemingovia, that I may restore the true heart of my region and my peoples. Your Word, is my word. Your Purposes, my purpose. Your Monty Python Quotes, my quotes. From this time, until the End of Time. Or until some asshat deletes these fora."

I am pleased to note that PaulWall has opened a chaplain's office in the Armed forces barracks. It is good to know that the soldiers will have solace and spiritual counsel.

Amen.

flemingovia:
There are those who are not numbered among the elect, who have closed their ears to God's voice, and who by their actions, words and votes show themselves as Heretics. Their names are written in letters of fire in the book of the damned, until such time as they recant and embrace the light. their names are:

grosseschnauzer :bat:
Eleuvatar :bat:
Dyr Nasad :bat:
Mcmasterdonia :bat:
Mahaj :bat:
Vilnoia1 :bat:
Hileville :bat:
Felasia :bat:
Parsagrad :bat:
Haor Chall :bat:
Blackshear :bat:
Falconkats :bat:
Jamie :bat:
Romanoffia :bat:
I wanna be a heretic; I've already executed half the Flemingovianists in Syrixia and banned the religion, what else do I have to do to become a heretic?

Syrixia:
I wanna be a heretic; I've already executed half the Flemingovianists in Syrixia and banned the religion, what else do I have to do to become a heretic?
You have to be significant.

You aren't.

flemingovia:
Syrixia:
You have to be significant.

You aren't.
That was an excessively cruel comment.

:cheese:

Today marks a rare event. Flemingovianism has a new creed. Learn it, Repeat it, MAster it and you may yet survive this term of office.

THE BILL OF RIGHTS CREED

This is The Bill of Rights. Many regions have something like it, but this one is mine.

The BOR is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life.

The BOR, without me, is useless. Without the BOR, I am useless. I must quote the BOR true. I must quote more appropriately than my enemy who is trying to best me. I must quote it at him before he quotes it at me.

The Bill of Rights and I know that what counts in court is not the arguments we make, the smilies in our post, nor the hot air we make. We know that it is the hits that count. We will hit...

The Bill of Rights is human, even as I, because it is my life. Thus, I will learn it as a brother. I will learn its weaknesses, its strength, its parts, the court decisions, the precedents and the rulings. I will keep the tab of the Bill of Rights open and ready, even as I am open and ready. We will become part of each other.
Before Flemingovia, I swear this creed. The Bill of Rights and I are the defenders of this region. We are the masters of our enemy. We are the saviours of my life.

So be it, until victory is The North Pacific’s and there is no tyrrany, but peace!

Hmmm, it's all finally decayed into Worship of The State. :facepalm:

Now, if everyone had listened to me about putting in a clause about Delegated Authority and Reserved Rights into the Constibilicode, none of this would have ever happened.

Embrace the Theory of Natural Rights and all will be OK.

Since when did 'flemingovia' become 'Flemingovia,' o Lord?

Enquiring minds want to know.

Back