Reform Party of The North Pacific (RP - TNP)

Romanoffia

Garde à l'eau!

reformsig.png

Reform Party of The North Pacific (RP - TNP)
- Promoting Liberty, Justice and The Rule of Law -

Preamble

As Reform Party of The North Pacific members, we seek a region of liberty in which all nations are sovereign over their own internal affairs and no nation is forced to sacrifice its values for the benefit of others.

We believe that respect for national and individual rights is the essential precondition for a free and prosperous region, that force and fraud must be banished from the region, and that only through freedom can peace and prosperity be realized.

Consequently, we defend each nation’s and individual's right to engage in any activity that is peaceful and honest, and welcome the diversity that freedom brings. The region we seek to build is one where nations and individuals are free to follow their own course of development in their own ways, without interference from government or authoritarian power.

Statement of Principles

We, the members of Reform Party of The North Pacific, promote the healthy sharing of power by challenging elitism and defend the rights of sovereign nations and the individual.

We hold that all nations and individuals are equal and have the right to exercise sole dominion over their own lives, and have the right to live in whatever manner they choose, so long as they do not forcibly interfere with the equal right of others to live in whatever manner they choose.

No nation, individual nor the region itself should be without the consent of the governed.

Governments throughout history have regularly operated on the opposite principle, that the State has the right to dispose of the lives of Nations and individuals.

We, on the contrary, deny the right of any government to do these things, and hold that where governments exist, they must not violate the rights of any individual, specifically:

(1) The right to life - accordingly we support the prohibition of the initiation of physical force against others or their unlawful ejection from the region;

(2)The right to liberty of speech and action - accordingly we oppose all attempts by government to abridge the freedom of speech and press, as well as government censorship in any form.

(3) The right to religions freedom - accordingly we oppose any infringement upon the religious rights of nations and individual or the free practice thereof.

Since governments, when instituted, must not violate national and individual rights, we oppose all interference by government in the areas of lawful, voluntary and contractual relations among nations and individuals.

Personal Liberty

Nations and individuals should be free to make choices for themselves and to accept responsibility for the consequences of the choices they make. No individual, group, or government may initiate force against any other individual, group, or government. Our support of a nation’s or individual's right to make choices does not mean that we necessarily approve or disapprove of those choices.

Freedom of Expression and Communication

We support full freedom of expression and oppose government censorship, regulation or control of communications media and technology. We favor the freedom to engage in or abstain from any activities that do not violate the rights of others.

Personal Privacy

The Reform Party of The North Pacific support the rights recognized by The Constitution and Bill of Rights of The North Pacific. Protection from unreasonable search and seizure should include records and communications of any nature held by third parties. Only actions that infringe on the rights of others can properly be termed crimes. We favor the repeal of all laws creating “crimes” without victims. We also hold the principle that the enumeration of certain rights shall not be construed as disparaging nor denying other rights retained by nations and individuals.

Crime and Justice

Government exists to protect the rights of every nation and individual. Criminal laws should be limited to violation of the rights of others through force or fraud, or deliberate actions that place others involuntarily at significant risk of harm.

Nations and individuals retain the right to voluntarily assume risk of harm to themselves.

We support restitution of the victim to the fullest degree possible at the expense of the criminal or the negligent wrongdoer.

We oppose reduction of constitutional safeguards of the rights of the criminally accused.

The rights of due process, a speedy trial, legal counsel, trial by jury, and the legal presumption of innocence until proven guilty, must not be denied.

We assert the common-law right of juries to judge not only the facts but also the justice of the law.

Political Parties and Freedom of Association

We defend the right of Nations and individuals to form political parties and other forms of organizations based on voluntary association.

Securing Liberty

The protection of the rights of nations and individual is the only proper purpose of government. Government is and should be constitutionally limited so as to prevent the infringement of national and individual rights by the government itself. The principle of non-initiation of force should guide the relationships between governments.

National Defense

We support the maintenance of a sufficient military force to defend the The North Pacific against aggression and against anyone (and their allies) who seeks to invade, disrupt or otherwise attempts to commit any acts of aggression against The North Pacific, it's allies and dependencies.

The North Pacific should both avoid entangling alliances and avoid acts of military aggression which are not in the best interest of the North Pacific.

Re: Raiders and Defenders - The Reform Party realizes the need for both Raiders and Defenders in the NPA for an effective unified defense of the region. Therefore, in recognizing this need, Raiders and Defenders shall be given as much freedom to carry out their missions as required for the effective defense of the region and its interests.

Internal Security, National and Individual Rights

The defense of The North Pacific requires that we have adequate intelligence to detect and to counter threats to domestic security. This requirement must not take priority over maintaining the civil liberties of our citizens. The Constitution and Bill of Rights shall not be suspended or violated even during time of war. Intelligence and security agencies that legitimately seek to preserve the security of the nation must be subject to oversight and transparency. We oppose the government's use of secret classifications to keep from the public information that it should have, especially that which may show that the government has violated the law.

International Affairs

The foreign policy of The North Pacific should seek peace with the world. Our foreign policy should emphasize defense against attack from abroad and enhance the likelihood of peace by avoiding unnecessary foreign entanglements.

We recognize the right of all people to resist tyranny and defend themselves and their rights. We condemn the use of force, against the innocent, regardless of whether such acts are committed by governments or by political or revolutionary groups. We will, however, defend the innocent if needs be.

We do, however, also recognize the use of force in the context of defending the interests of The North Pacific, its allies and dependencies.

Rights and Discrimination

We condemn bigotry as irrational and repugnant. Government should not deny or abridge any nation’s or individual's rights, nor should the practice of ‘corruption of blood’ (perpetual banning or denial of rights against a specific nation or individual except a penalty of treason arrived at by due process) be permitted.

Representative Government

We support electoral systems that are more representative of the electorate. As private voluntary groups, political parties should be allowed to establish their own rules for nomination procedures, primaries and conventions.

We oppose laws that effectively exclude alternative candidates and parties, deny ballot access, or deny the voters their right to consider all legitimate alternatives.

We oppose any form of elitism or exclusivity in government agencies.

Self-Determination

Whenever any form of government becomes destructive of individual liberty, it is the right of the people to alter or to abolish it, and to agree to such new governance as to them shall seem most likely to secure and protect their liberty.

Omissions

Our silence about any other particular government law, regulation, ordinance, directive, edict, control, regulatory agency, activity, or machination should not be construed to imply approval.

Most recent additions in blue.
Most recent amendments in red.

Yeah, I think I should rephrase that for clarity.

It means that there should not be any constant power elite that becomes entrenched, immovable or self perpetuating in membership. Essentially, there needs to be direct RA election for any governmental position.

Interesting question, Flem. Presumably the administration of the forum should be above politics and separate from politics. As you noted, if the administration goes rogue, then the forum can just be refounded elsewhere.

It's largely a specialized technical/technology issue, ideally speaking, and should not be a tool of politics. It's like a building manager or a janitorial staff - administration should stick to the technical aspects of running a forum and not enforcing political decisions.

OTOH, should an admin of the forum suddenly remove a forum member out of personal reasons or in such a way that it is tantamount to censorship, then it is a political act and not an act for technical forum administration. It is a specialized technical skill and probably in a special category like military officers who have a specialized skill set used for one specific purpose. IOW, it would be similar to a defense organization in terms of tenure (the rare instance where experience and skill when applied in a manner which is above politics, hopefully)

But that is an interesting subject I hadn't thought of at least in that aspect. Glad you brought it up.

What do you think the answer to that question is or should be?

The administrators do their best to keep administrative decisions apolitical.

It'd be a bit hard to get us to stay out of politics entirely however

Personally, I'm not that worried about that aspect at all as it has rarely been an issue and usually resides outside of the NS scheme of things.

Working on revising a couple of points.

But I still keep the strict contructionalists and libertarian approach. ;D

Keep tuned in for a few upcoming modifications to the party platform in the next few days as a result of the upcoming election cycle and campaign for Delegate.

Welcome aboard!

The Party is quite informal. It just involves promoting Civil Liberties and promoting a libertarian agenda.

If you want to put a link to this thread for the Reform Party in your forum signature, please feel free to do so but it isn't required.

I have also officially announced my campaign for Delegate in the Elections forum. I invite any and all questions as to my policies and programs to move The North Pacific forward.

Romanoffia:
Welcome aboard!

The Party is quite informal. It just involves promoting Civil Liberties and promoting a libertarian agenda.

If you want to put a link to this thread for the Reform Party in your forum signature, please feel free to do so but it isn't required.

I have also officially announced my campaign for Delegate in the Elections forum. I invite any and all questions as to my policies and programs to move The North Pacific forward.
If you need any help during your campaign for Delegate just let me know.

@ peoples empire - Will do!

@ mcmasterdonia - I believe in a multi-party system is best! (Because one party per week isn't enough. ;D )

I must Admit I made a foolish an Grave mistake leaving this Great political Party which in my opinion seems to be the only Political Party that is interested in actually changing things and standing up to tyranny. Therefore I request to be Re-admitted to the party and this time I will be staying as a member Indefinitely. I also fully Pledge myself to the Ideals of the Party.

Unibot hereby applies to join the Reform Party of The North Pacific and furthermore accepts the principles of the Party.

People's Empire, so you know the signature has been changed a little, since the colour of green has been changed to something less pukey green. It matches the green in the North Pacific seal.

peoples empire:
Welcome to the Reform Party unibot :)
Thank you, Peoples Empire! Looking forward to working with you. ^_^

so what makes this party different than the progressive party?

Roman could answer this better, but as a relatively newcomer to the Reform Party, I chose it over the Progressives because I felt although the Progressives were advocating for change, it often came in the form of legislative changes to the constitution that haven't really had a full impact on the region as a whole -- and in fact, a lot of the bureaucracy and wordy stipulations still exist in our law anyway! The Reform Party is looking for change, but it's be looking more for change that will improve the lives and satisfy the concerns of the everyday resident in the North Pacific -- increases to government transparency, accountability, privacy rights, legal rights, military unification with a focus on security, peace and humanitarianism. I'd argue the Progressives more mirror a RL center-left popular party and the Reform party more mirrors a RL left-libertarian party.

That about covers it.

But I'd say that Right-Left doesn't entirely apply to the Reform Party. Ideally, it can be equated to Libertarianism but in the practical and actual sense.

Back