Embassy of The Democratic Union of Allied Nations

The Democratic Union of Allied Nations
Or DUAN, for short

Our region is a fully functioning democracy, with over 200 nations, and is constantly growing.

We have a bicameral legislature with six Senators (including our Vice President), and three Representatives.

The President and the Vice President are elected every six months, the Senators are elected every three, and the Representatives are elected monthly.

We have two main political parties: the New Rationalist Party, which comprises of a Senator, the President, the Vice President, and several citizens, and the Democratic Christian - Conservative Party, which comprises of two Senators.

We have several other, smaller, political parties, two of which have a senator each.

As you can imagine, politics is a bit strong in our region, and has led to several small disputes, already.

Anyone is welcome to join and participate! Something new and interesting goes on almost everyday!

Regional News and Updates​

Elections for the Senate will take place on February 6th, 2012.

Elections for President/Vice President take place May 6th, 2012.

Elections for House of Representatives will take place on December 28th, 2011.

Our World Assembly Delegate usually is the President (it's not required, but is encouraged).

Our average growth daily is about 6.5 nations, and we are projected to have more than 350 nations by the New Year.

Update: The New Constitution has passed!

Update: the Nationalist Party has formed a coalition with the New Rationalist Party.

The Democratic Liberal Party has disbanded, and has joined the New Rationalist Party, giving the New Rationalist party half of the senate seats.

Update: Elections are going to be held on the regional forums for the upcoming House elections, in order to remove the issue with fraud votes (puppet voting) we've been having.

The Nationalist Party broke its coalition with the New Rationalist Party, and has joined the Democratic Christian - Conservative Party.

Update: Elections for the House are going on as we speak!

The regional forum has been reorganized.

Congrats to the NRP for gaining two seats and the SWP for gaining one seat in the House of Reps!

Forum voting has worked, so we will be using it in the future.

Major political update

In response to the resignation of some of the New Rationalist Party's members (due to joining the newly founded party called the Patriots' Alliance), the NRP has disbanded. The Constitution Party was founded by the previous founder of the NRP.

Thus ends the coalition between the NRP and SWP, and the NRP's near monopoly on members.

The DCP has disbanded as well, and its members have joined the PA (Patriots' Alliance).

Stay tuned for more updates....

Update: Elections for the vacant Senate seat begin tomorrow at 5 PM EST.

SWP and PA primaries for the vacant seat are taking place.

The President has resigned, due to potential impeachment because of inactivity. The Vice President has assumed office of President.

Update: A new Vice President and speaker of the House has been appointed. Two justices have been appointed, and will be approved/disapproved by Congress.

Update: A constitutional convention is in the process of creating our fourth (and hopefully final) constitution. It will address many issues with our current constitution.

Next Elelction: January 28th. The entire government will be up for vote, it's going to be exciting!

Primaries are currently taking place for the CP and the SWP, the PA's primary begins tomorrow.

Elections for all government positions take place in three days!

January 28th, 2012 Election Results

Members of the Executive Branch
1. The new President is Gladia, who has also served as Chief Justice, and twice briefly as Senator.
2. The new Vice President is Continentalia (Social Worker's Party), who has served before as Speaker of the House.
3. Newly appointed to the position of Secretary of Recruiting is Birkinghamia (more details below), who has served as Vice President and President.

Members of Congress

A. Members of the Senate

1. 3. Aaraya (Patriots' Alliance member), who has previously served as Senator, and has been re-elected.
2. Minecraftia (Constitution Party member), who has previously served as Senator, and has been re-elected.
3. New Lehi (Constitution Party member), who has no prior experience in the government.
4. Proclemia (Patriots' Alliance member), who has previously served as Senator, and has been re-elected.
5. The Wiggle (Social Worker's Party member), who also has no prior experience in the government.

B. Members of the House of Representative

1. Speaker of the House Birkinghamia (Patriots' Alliance member).
2. Representative Welsh Cowboy (Patriots' Alliance member), who previously served in the Senate.
3. Representative Zaharawi (Social Worker's Party member), who has no prior experience in the government.

There has also been one change in the Judicial branch, which is not elected. Gladia stepped down from the position of Chief Justice upon winning the election, and has appointed Whovian Islands in his place.

So a lot has happened since I last posted, so please bear with me. I've been extremely busy managing the events of the region.

Our newly-elected President decided to resign, and promptly destroyed our forums.

This caused chaos - we lost our constitution, our laws, our legislation, our parties, our elections, our history.

Order has been restored, though, and we've been working on a new constitution, and we've set up a new forum.

Gladia's resignation prompted Continentalia's promotion to President and Birkinghamia's promotion to Vice President.

A new Speaker of the House has not been chosen, yet. However, we did hold an election for the vacant Representative seat (Birkinghamia's old one), and Ideals, a new member of the region, won the election.

Once again, major change has happened.

I, personally, am not very active, so I gave my nation to Continentalia, and thus, control over the fact book, banning, etc.

Within five days, this was written in the fact book:

"I have abolished the government. We now have no senators, presidents, et cetera. What we do have is a handful of active members, if you wish to be part of a new beginning start here [in our new forum.]

If you wish to be a reactionary, I'll have no problem banning you."

(His reasons were legitimate - the region was becoming inactive and he felt that any changes to the government would be too slow, which I agree with to an extent. However, I don't agree with abolishing the government.)

So in the interest of maintaining democracy, I took control of Terronia once again and I am trying to get the region back on track.

I believe we're going in the right direction, but we'll see what happens.

The Founder has issued a series of Executive orders (although only the first two were carried out). The first was the creation of a new Constitution that was put into law without the members of the region's consent, and the second was the ejection of nations that were deemed too inactive.

However, the Founder has reversed course and is working on a new, less Founder-centric constitution with another member of the region that will be put into law with the consent of the members of the region.

Stay tuned for updates.

Yes...I'm afraid that it was probably my lowest point :(

But things are better now. The citizens approved a new constitution, which is much different than anything we've had before.

Now, there is no President, Supreme Court (we've never had to use it anyway), or "official" Legislative Branch. The power is directly in the hands of the people. Pretty much everyone is equal except for the delegate, who has minimal exclusive rights/powers, and the delegate can change at any time, since the position isn't elected.

Basically, there's a lot less red tape, and everyone has more freedoms. Hopefully this works out, because I wouldn't hesitate to say that this is the best constitution we've ever had (plus, it's a lot shorter).

I'm placing the nation of Terronia and this account (and my other DUAN accounts) under the management of my longtime friend, while I focus on my other region, with a different nation.

Thank you all, you've been wonderful.

He plans on keeping the consulate open, I believe, and I recommended to him to update often.

EDIT:

Yes I do.

Well then. It seems change is destined to come whenever a new Founder or President comes.

As the new Constitution was placed into action, one of the first bills passed was a treaty with The Allied Republics, a region we previously had embassies with before an issue regarding their democracy forced them to close it. It was passed 3-0.

Slightly a week later, a resident felt his need to voice his opinion of the region. He wanted more activities put into place, more extensive recruiting, and control over Terronia. Chaos ensued.

Eventually, a puppet of the previous owner decided to come to help implement yet ANOTHER Constitution, writing the basic body but allowing the resident to add in details and the more important parts, re-enacting the elections and Congress from previous Constitutions.

Most of the time, yeah. It's just when someone starts ragin' that the RMB spirals out of control :P

^He must have been a very influential nation, to have been allowed to simply change the constitution to how he wants it to be :P Thank you for the update

I'm back from my vacation from NS (this is the original Founder speaking).

The Constitution passed (a different one than I had given to the residents before), and many changes have been made to our forums.

Elections will be held soon for the Senate, the Vice President, and the President, and appointments will be made to the Judicial Branch.

....And we are right back where the region started, seven months ago. haha

(And yes, we're actually very stable and peaceful - we can handle changes very quickly.)

Sure, McMasterdonia! And thanks, Eluvatar.

(The outcome of the elections will be posted here on Sunday, after the election has ended.)

Well, if anyone is wondering, I didn't post the results of the elections because it never happened.

A member of our region, Conspiracies Revealed, pointed out many flaws in the constitution that was adopted while I was gone. It was bad enough that we opted to postpone the election, and I was given the power to appoint an interim administrative committee to carry out anything that needed to be done while another new constitution was in the works (hopefully our last and final one, we've had about eight others during our eight months of existence. It's a bit ridiculous and people are tired of the constant change).

The election for the president, Vice President, and the five Senators will be held soon.

Update: The election for the President and Senate will take place in two days!

The Presidential candidates, namely The Wiggle and Welsh Cowboy, have been campaigning heavily, while a debate between most of the candidates for President is taking place on our forums.

As the Senate election is uncontested, there has been little or no campaigning from any of its members.
In other news, Gladia, as The Supposedly Free People of Conspiracies Revealed, Trilobitia, and a few other nations, moved back to DUAN a few weeks ago. As you may recall from my earlier posts here, he was the person that deleted everything off of our old forums, before leaving the region some time ago, which had forced us to completely reboot everything.

Well, once again he stormed out of the region, with all of his nations in DUAN. As I have been out for the past few days (busy with exams and other RL stuff), this prompted the current WA Delegate, The Wiggle, to ban his nations as he has left the region before (and frankly, we're tired of his attitude and some of his actions).

Luckily, I had not given him admin powers after what he did to the forums last time, but I gave him mod powers so that he could edit his posts without seeing the "edited by....etc.", as requested. This allowed him to cue most of the topics so most of the forums were not visible.

He then proceeded to spam the entire forum site after his banning, with the message:

"The constitution allows somebody to be removed from the region if the Executive Branch suspects them of breaking a law, asks the Supreme Court to approve of it, and they do. We do not have any code of law in this region, nor do we have an Executive Branch or Supreme Court. The Wiggle, how do you justify breaking the constitution of our region, and taking unilateral action without informing your peers?"

Approximate total number of spam posts: 72 plus one on our RMB.

Noting the fact that his actions have disrupted the region a great deal for the second time, and that we do not yet have a code of law, I chose to ban his IP address from the forum and delete his account, effectively preventing him from participating fully within the region ever again.

If he ever comes back again, he will be banned - or at least seriously unwelcome.

We don't/didn't have a legal code :/

And we were willing to give him a second chance. He threw that out the window, though.

Back