Progressive Party

mcmasterdonia:
So uh. What's up progressive party?
I would like to call a congress to discuss the following matters:

1) Logs of the ninth congress
Will they be published in this thread?

2) Primaries
What form will the next primary elections take?

3) Anti-Nazi sentiment
Do we seek actions against Nazis?

4) Eluvatar's WA voting policy
When will it be changed?

Please indicate if you are thinking about any of this.

I propose Saturday 20th October 1400 UTC (that is 1500 BST and 1000 EDT and 2200 WST)

I will not be able to make the meeting. I work from 0900-1400 EDT that Saturday.

Can't we just do our usual time of 2000 :P

1) Logs of the ninth congress
Will they be published in this thread?

They certainly should be.

2) Primaries
What form will the next primary elections take?

I'd like to know this as well. Particularly whether these primaries should be binding or not. Given that myself, Tim and Abbey in recent elections said we would run regardless of primary results. I'd like to get this resolved, are they to be binding or are they not?
I think its better for democracy if there are more candidates. I don't however particularly like the culture of haranguing people should they choose to run in an election they didn't not win or contest a primary in.

3) Anti-Nazi sentiment
Do we seek actions against Nazis?

In what form?

4) Eluvatar's WA voting policy
When will it be changed?

Council of Five enacted a policy change already. Though it might be worthwhile discussing this regardless.

I'd also like to discuss what the party thinks of people who use the party to gain office and then promptly leave.

It doesn't personally bother me greatly but would it be appropriate to limit such people from rejoining the party or at least require a higher threshold in terms of sponsorship numbers for such returning members? Just a thought.

Kiwi I think you are sensitive to spam. I appreciate your constructive comments though, thank you.

Let's change the date and time of congress to Friday 12th October 2000 EDT that is Saturday 13th October 0100 BST and 0800 WST and 1300 NZDT?

1) Logs
They are anticipated.

2) Primaries
We don't really know.
Eluvatar is thought to be in favour of Primaries. Mcmasterdonia suggested they could be non-binding. The seventh congress passed a resolution which makes Primaries semi-binding.

3) Anti-Nazi sentiment
Cormac (of the Liberty Party) has now drafted an SC resolution.

4) Eluvatar's voting policy
It has been changed.

5) Members who use the party to get elected and then leave the party
Identifying the issue, and considering changes that could be made, such as restrictions on their re-entry.

6) Sponsorships
Do they need to be elaborated in any way?

Chasmanthe:
Kiwi I think you are sensitive to spam. I appreciate your constructive comments though, thank you.

Let's change the date and time of congress to Friday 12th October 2000 EDT that is Saturday 13th October 0100 BST and 0800 WST and 1300 NZDT?

1) Logs
They are anticipated.

2) Primaries
We don't really know.
Eluvatar is thought to be in favour of Primaries. Mcmasterdonia suggested they could be non-binding. The seventh congress passed a resolution which makes Primaries semi-binding.

3) Anti-Nazi sentiment
Cormac (of the Liberty Party) has now drafted an SC resolution.

4) Eluvatar's voting policy
It has been changed.

5) Members who use the party to get elected and then leave the party
Identifying the issue, and considering changes that could be made, such as restrictions on their re-entry.

6) Sponsorships
Do they need to be elaborated in any way?
Perhaps ;) but it still didn't add anything to the ongoing dialogue which is spam to me.

And yes that time is actually doable for me so I should be there.

I hereby resign membership of the progressive party.

I most sincerely thank my sponsors Gladio, mcmasterdonia and Tim, for giving me a chance.

Also it's been a privilege to be a member of the same party as all of you other members.

What are the Progressive Party's platforms on WA Freedoms, when are its next elections, and could someone give me a basic rundown on the Party? I joined the Liberty Party because it was the first I saw, but now that I'm settled in TNP I'm actually looking at politics.

I'd suggest reading article 1 of the charter for what the party is essentially about.

Membership had declined recently and the last congress where we were going to discuss the party position on the WA policy was a no-goer so I guess we currently have no position on it.

The next primaries I assume will be run just before the election of judicial officers.

Hope that helps.

Oh and please also be aware that the party does not allow membership in multiple parties. This means that you cannot be part of the liberty party and the progressive party.

In the absence of our dear Delegate I am planning to call a party congress sometime soon. I am not making any official dates because of the various timezones. I would like you to give me dates in which we can host this congress. I am currently working on an agenda.

Thank you.

Prince Windsor:
In the absence of our dear Delegate I am planning to call a party congress sometime soon. I am not making any official dates because of the various timezones. I would like you to give me dates in which we can host this congress. I am currently working on an agenda.

Thank you.
Any time on a Friday or Saturday is good for me.

I'd like to resign my membership in this party. As a note, at this time I have no intentions of joining any other party still. I've always disliked political parties and have decided I'd be better suited without any of them.

I object in principle to the politicisation of the judiciary, and as such will not be participating in a primary for the upcoming elections.

Okay, there goes the recall, Eluvatar's been ousted, I'd think we'd better declare a congress soon. No later than Thursday, I'd think.

Having been elected to judicial office, it is no longer appropriate for me to maintain membership of a political party. As such, I resign my membership.

Could the Secretary please remove the members who have resigned, myself included, I suppose this was merely a clerical error and the progressive party has no wish to be associated with such fraudulent activities as listing former members in its membership roll!

I honestly do not know what you are trying to say with the facepalm, McM, maybe you should use words as well this time, despite it being beneath you to converse with me.

I think you should realize this is a dead party. Nobody updates the membership rolls, that is why your name is still on there. Not for some fraudulent reason lol

Yes it is a dead party, and that is why I left.

But it is since then that the roll was actually updated to remove people, which is inconsistent for a dead party.

The dead sometimes come back to life, as Lazarus will tell you.

Back