I Miss....

I miss stuff I didn't enjoy as I was experiencing them but in retrospect was way better than the stuff I'm doing now.

I miss the feeling that I got the first time I watched American Beauty, that feeling of lying on my back at Boy Scout camp, watching falling stars. And yellow leaves from the maple trees that lined our street. Or my grandmother's hands, and the way her skin seemed like paper. And the first time I saw my cousin Tony's brand-new Firebird. And Janie. And Janie.

I miss full functionality of my left arm. Especially in the little things, like being able to hold and operate a brush AND the hair dryer at the same time.

I missed a local hang out -- it was the only place that served birch beer (kind of like root beer) & they had awesome steak sandwiches!

I miss having mates live within walking distance of my house. They've all moved to the lousy south side of town.

I miss destroying Cantre'r Gwaelod. Those were the times..and its King was so handsome and warlike. But he was too dangerous to be left alive.

Back