The Regional Election October 2010

Please post only your vote here. Vote for one candidate for each of the four positions. Due to there being so few actual members of the RA, forum members will be allowed to vote

Voting begins immediately and will close on Saturday 9th October at 12:00am (noon)

Candidates:

Delegate: John Ashcroft Land, Ermarian, Limi, Flemingovia

Vice Delegate: Blue Wolf II, Unibot, Dyr Nasad

Speaker: Dalimbar

CLO: Falkonkats

Delegate: Flemingovia

Vice Delegate: Blue Wolf II

Limi:
In the post found here Westwind states that JAL, Blue Wolf, Dali, and Ermarian are ineligible to run for office.
This is something of a quick fix election to try and bring some stability to the region - an adherence to the 30 day RA limit would exclude candidates and many who wish to vote.

Vice Delegate: Dyr Nasad

My usual habit for uncontested positions:

Speaker: Abstain

CLO: Abstain

Delegate: JAL

*goes back to lurker corner*

23 people cast votes (20 here directly, 3 via post).

Todd Mcloud: JAL, Blue Wolf II, Dalimbar
Island Union: JAL, Blue Wolf II
Graveyards: Flemingovia, Blue Wolf II, Dalimbar, Falkonkats

Delegate: John Ashcroft Land 5
Ermarian 1
Limi 0
Flemingovia 17

Flemingovia is declared the new delegate

Vice Delegate: Blue Wolf II 11
Unibot 3
Dyr Nasad 9

Blue Wolf II is declared the vice delegate

Speaker: Dalimbar 16

Dalimbar remains speaker

CLO: Falkonkats 15

Falkonkats is declared CLO

As much as I dislike the possibility of dragging these elections out longer than they should, I do have a question for the Elections Commissioner. Article 1, Section 3, Clause 9 of the Constitution states: "9. Election of the Delegate and Vice Delegate shall require a majority of the votes cast by the Assembly." Based on the results of the Vice Delegate race as posted above, none of the candidates obtained a majority of votes. BW received 47.83%, Dyr received 39.13%, and Uni 13.04%. So, is this section of the constitution being waived for this election, or will there be a run-off election?

Edit: I suppose this all hinges on WW's double vote. If his vote is counted to BW, then BW would have 50.00% (not 50%+1 as a majority requires), Dyr would have 40.91%, and Uni 9.09%. If his vote counted to Uni, then there certainly would be a need for a run-off.

It's very close. I'd say it would be the Election Commissioner's decision as to how to handle WW's double vote. Or we could simply hand the issue over to the Courts.

As admin, it's easy enough to implement the results of the Delegate election. I need to hear from Flem about what he want to do about his Admin status and the root admin account while serving as Delegate, but I can certainly update the news box.

My appologies, I did not realize that I had voted twice. I would suggested that both my votes for Vice Delegate be tossed out. And be sure to count my vote once, not twice.

First of all my sincerest apologies for the error in counting votes.

Discounting both of Westwind's votes for vice delegate leaves Blue Wolf with 10 and Unibot with 2 while Dyr Nasad remains on 9.

The main purpose of this election has been fulfilled in that there will be a delegate who has been democratically elected.

There will not be another election but if Dyr Nasad wishes it, the two nations who voted for Unibot will be asked for their second preference candidate.

NOTE: If one of these is an abstain and the other is a vote for Dyr Nasad then there will have to be another election

The Voting Booth:
There will not be another election but if Dyr Nasad wishes it, the two nations who voted for Unibot will be asked for their second preference candidate.
I would like that

Back