Nominations

I'm not sure what has been decided recently or what the law is but can we open up this election to voters outside the RA?

If not then I won't bother advertising the election on the RMB

Theoretically.....

The Delegate, as the game-mechanic regional authority, would see the natural choice to make such an appointments.

Theoretically.

Then again, the lack of action on behalf of the sitting Delegate does not reflect well upon his candidacy for Delegate.

We should just override that section of law and appoint Moany Old Gits as EC ourselves since the delegate doesn't want to fulfill their responsibilities.

Suits me.

I know, let's have an election for Election Commisioner. The candidates are Todd McCloud and Moany Old Gits. Please indicate your choice in this thread. Voting closes sometime Wednesday.

I'll get on with straight away delegate approval or not I just need an outline of what it is that has to be done.

Shall I post a list of nominees and then set up voting dates?

Westwind:
Suits me.

I know, let's have an election for Election Commisioner. The candidates are Todd McCloud and Moany Old Gits. Please indicate your choice in this thread. Voting closes sometime Wednesday.
To prevent any more delay in these elections, I respectfully bow out of the race :)

Aye that we did. Which requires that account being made available to the EC. Which requires Admin intervention does it not ?

Thus, the real choice of EC is up to Admin. They can accept this choice of the region, or continue to await official process.

I think anyone who have ever stay in TNP for longer then one election cycle is quite familiar with this.

No....I don't think so. To the best of my recollection in the past, it's simply a matter of waiting. Month long naps help pass the time.

I have a message from Speaker Dalimbar regarding the elections:

We need an Election Commisioner sooner than later in order to run the constitutionally mandated elections. If the Delegate is unavailable, the Speaker would recommend a swift appointement of a competent member.

Dali's laptop is being taken in to be looked at soon, so he's without a computer at the moment.

Hi! Moany Old Gits sent me here 'cause he says he doesn't have any authority at the moment as EC. I'd like to declare my intent to run for Vice Delegate of TNP. Thank you.

BTW, I don't know if anyone else has tried, but I did send a telegram to Ermarian asking to have an EC appointed here.

Nominations were opened, and should have been closed some time ago. I suppose until Erm says otherwise, nominations are still open.

Although Speaker Dalimbar beleives it's important to get the constitutionally mandated election moving.

I would like to stand for delegate as depending on how much information was given to Dali there are now 3-4 people eligible to stand for a position in these elections.

This is based upon a strict interpretation of the constitution regarding the minimum one post every 30 days to maintain RA membership and varies based upon changes in TNP nation that I am not privy to as that information, if it exists, is sent by PM to the speaker.

From the information I can see, which may be limited or incomplete, the following people have been in the RA for the last 30 days, have not gone without posting in a 30 day period , and the nation listed in their RA application is still correct

Limi
Moany Old Gits
Roman

The following have either currently have their listed nation as nonexistent or for a period of time in the past had their nation CTE without reapplying for membership. This is the area up for debate as some changes may have been given to the speaker through PM.

Gracius Maximus

Everyone else I was able to find a 30 day period in which they hadn't posted which should automatically remove them from the RA roster

edit: updated the information slightly.

I see... so we're now an oligarchical feeder? Curious. Maybe I'm just not acclimatized to this inanity, but doesn't this seem all a little... nonsensical? And you know, grossly irresponsible to the 100+ nations who are looking for a legitimate regional government? But hey, I'm the new guy... it's not like I'm here to criticize... :huh:

All feeders are oligarchys. The 100's don't visit the delegate recognized forum, so they don't get any better representation.

Not unusual to criticize such a system, but there is never a real democratic system in feeders. You just have to hope for a responsible delegate, and an active forum community.

Back