Maintaining activity

There is a simple 2 pronged approach to this matter. The first action we need to take is to go out into the wide world of the game, anywhere, and get involved. Make ourselves a name in whatever we choose to do so that those attracted to that playstyle will come here. Then, once we have found our niche we bring people to the forum and show them we have something to offer and then expand upon that niche.

We have to make sure to start in a single area though, otherwise attention will be divided in multiple aspects of the game and we won't have the needed impression in any area to bring in people.

I wouldn't say that NS is in activity decline. Its had the same number of nations (55,000) for the last year - the decline has stopped, and its up from what the total population used to be (under 50,000).

However, the feeders have certainly been in activity decline, and many of them have been slowly cutting themselves off from other regions. It should be a priority to start actively engaging with other regions again, making sure people know what we're up to, and getting involved in (or at least having an opinion on) any major international happenings.

Strongly agreed... the feeders were more interesting when we were engaged with the world.

If we were not doing this pseudo constitution convention, issuing an opinion on the FRA vs TAO thing would be a good idea. Doesn't really matter what it is as long as we make ourselves relevant again.

That sounds good, yeah. An interest in and connection to International Politics - even without a heavy interventionist philosophy - keeps us more alive than constant internal bickering. A lot of the coups of the past three years were probably started out of boredom and the need to stir things up.

We could create 'puppet' diplomatic nations and place them in other regions (with those region's permission, of course). We engage them on their forums and encourage them to engage us on our forums also. Picture a forum that not only serves TNP, but the entirety of the NS world.

Becoming more visible will always help, and I think the idea of more active ambassadors would help with our activity and image - the few regions that currently do that are well regarded

By size and familiarity, other than the Feeders, 10000 Islands is a region with which we should probably reestablish diplomatic relations.

Also, which extra-regional alliances are we currently in, or on friendly terms with? Or at least were, before we dropped off the international map?

We haven't repudiated the Azure Alliance yet, though the Pacific has and I don't know if the South Pacific stands by it or what its status is in Taijitu at the moment.

Dyr Nasad:
Becoming more visible will always help, and I think the idea of more active ambassadors would help with our activity and image - the few regions that currently do that are well regarded
Using the RMB to maintain population and encourage forum activity has worked well in the past (sometimes too well...).

*chuckles*

Since you've done such a good job at endorsing almost everyone in the region, give it enough time and you'll get it. Especially with Ermarian having given so few endorsements.

Of course, I sincerely hope that this delegate will be as open minded to this action as I am since I know you have TNP interest at heart. :)

Why that almost sounds reminiscent of Francos Spain........"Benevolent Francisco ruled with his people at heart."

Back