The North Pacific Raider Army

Scardino

TNPer
Considering that a few members of The North Pacific are already active or experienced raiders and seek to supplement their experience in The North Pacific with the rush of immediate gratification and a fleeting sense of accomplishment, it seems prudent for the nations of The North Pacific to be allowed to organize an invader army.

For this purpose you may message me to request brief instruction in raiding before quickly being moved to an active assignment. The burden of conforming to the rules of your region in regard to WA membership or military activity rests on you as I can not be held responsible for your actions. However, I will not consider it to be my place to reveal your identity to anyone without your express permission or to reveal whether or not you are involved in raiding.

With five active nations you will be more than capable of invading unofficially (assuming it is not officially recognized by The North Pacific) on behalf of your region. Keep in mind that you are not raiding on behalf of Lone Wolves United or any region or under any banner other than your own. You will not, in the foreseeable future, be supported by or involved in Lone Wolves United's operations or operatives.

Edit: In case it is not clear, you do not have to reply to this thread to enlist in this venture. You may contact me by private message, IRC, or telegram.

I'll join
e5003399.gif

It's an interesting concept but it would never catch on. We'd essentially end up being a Gatesville clone which would not work too well with a feeder region.

User regions can maintain a large amount of control as to their 'mission' as a region. Maintaining that level of control in a feeder region which has an influx of newly created regions which are unknown as to what their intent as nations might be. It's also one of the reasons why raiding/invading/marauding is an inefficient (but sometimes fun) proposition. Raiding/invading based in a feeder region would have to largely be applied as a means of acquiring 'colonies' but that would only succeed in diluting one's concentration of forces and power.

Essentially, the mechanics of raiding is to seize control of a region. Once that is accomplished there is no real point to holding that region and you have to move on to another region and start all over again. I've even seen raiders take over a region, password protect it, boot all the natives and then abandon the region to go extinct - which is pointless because the original residents just re-found the region using the exact same name. Even if the raiders leave a place-holder nation in a locked down region, someone has to maintain that place holder region. Essentially, that turns out to be no more that graffiti and the raiders no more than gypsies. No, raiders need a whole new paradigm. :eyebrow:

I don't think that feeders having armies is impossible, though obviously a raider army = bad :P

EDIT: Actually, connected to this discussion, some kind of small army with no official stance could be maintained to intervene in some situations (the FRA vs TAO situation in Anatolia is a good example), and to assist our allies when necessary.

Scardino:
When a person points to his neighbor and says "I'm with stupid" I find it difficult to decide which of the two people the statement says more about.
I'd say it says more about you than JAL...

sedge:
I don't think that feeders having armies is impossible, though obviously a raider army = bad :P

EDIT: Actually, connected to this discussion, some kind of small army with no official stance could be maintained to intervene in some situations (the FRA vs TAO situation in Anatolia is a good example), and to assist our allies when necessary.
I call that the "Byzantine" model of foreign affairs. Instead of directly engaging one's enemies in open warfare, you put up other people to do it. By the same token, you give aid to annoying enemies to direct their animosity towards someone else, preferably a more annoying enemy and let them fight it out. :P

That's what you think :P

In any case, I can see this happening, you'd just need strong leadership and a dedicated base...oh wait, this is The North Pacific, never mind, its impossible.

Well, I suppose I could carry this on in dear Comrade Scardino's spirit. However, I have some serious concerns regarding the Admin's of this forum being able to handle masking requests and forum creation in a timely and responsible manner. If this happens, we might need to make a separate forum, which is a total headache.

Yeah, I think that will be the best option for now. Seperate Forum might be easier to create and use in this case.

Back