The Ten Commandments

Grimalkin

TNPer
It is important that all members of the Judaic Republic of the North Pacific keep in mind their heritage. Culture and heritage is what binds us together, makes us strong, and will make us a force to be reckoned with on the world stage. Unity, my friends, is the ultimate goal. We must stand united.

With that in mind, I present to you the Law as given to our ancestor Moses by the Almighty ADMIN on the peak of Mount Sinai.

So says the LORD:

the LORD your God:
1) Thou shalt not have any gods before Me.
2) Thou shalt not make any graven image of what is in heaven or on earth.
3) Do not take the LORD's name in vain.
4) Remember the Sabbath day and keep it holy.
5) Honor thy mother and father.

6) Thou shalt not commit murder.
7) Thou shalt not commit adultery.
8) Thou shalt not steal.
9) Thou shalt not bear false witness.
10) Thou shalt not covet thy neighbor's possessions.

Unity in Heritage and Culture.

This has been an announcement from the office of Homeland Affairs. Please report all violations to the Beth Un-North Pacifican Activities Committee (BUNPAC).

I apologize that you feel this way, but I pray that the LORD ADMIN will open your heart and your eyes.

All the Law is relevant to the Judaic Republic.

So am I to assume that stoning will be an acceptable form of punishment? If so, you should prepare me a place in your stockade, because I will be your most frequent customer.

So am I to assume that stoning will be an acceptable form of punishment? If so, you should prepare me a place in your stockade, because I will be your most frequent customer.
I'm afraid that in this economy, stones are extremely expensive and would make the budget skyrocket.

Perhaps we could create a committee to investigate the feasibility of procuring stones at lower densities to reduce cost? If this project sounds actionable to you then I humbly suggest that you be nominated to chair this committee, as it seems like density may be your area of expertise.

I personally wanted to get marble stones. Imagine how pretty that would be, glistening in the sun as they bashed someone's skull in.

But then the Delegate went on and on about cost and ratios and blah blah blah. Damn Jews.

Fun fact: According to the writings of Philo and Josephus, this is how the Commandments were divided in Judaism around the First Century A.D.

If you prefer, I could quote actual Scripture instead of using the nifty archaic English and short version?

Ah, not using the 2000 years of Jewish tradition since then? Very well, carry on.

I did not know that, by the way.

@ JAL - That one is just a protestant one these days; sometimes it uses the word "idols" in place of "graven images".

I thought about it, TPL, but I have always preferred the ancient way of doing things, sooo.....

And number 2 has to do with idolatry, JAL. Like, no worshiping a golden calf or an image of an angel, etc.

I thought about it, TPL, but I have always preferred the ancient way of doing things, sooo.....

And number 2 has to do with idolatry, JAL. Like, no worshiping a golden calf or an image of an angel, etc.
Ah that's right. So that's why Protestant churches look like they fell off the ugly tree and hit every branch on the way down :P

Punishment?

My, my, who said anything about punishment? Actually, the first person who mentioned punishment was Democratic Donkeys. Did I say that there would be a punishment implemented? That would be a no. All I did was post a piece of our heritage.

Some of you sure are a paranoid bunch.

25549_10150178342595525_766650524_12108606_7836743_n.jpg

^ don't really get it but its funny :lol:

Shouldn't people know their rights and wrongs by now without someone writing it down?

Anyway what's a judaic republic?

Back