Big idea, needing votes

Jakuva

TNPer
Hello! I'm not from TNP... but i have an offer... I am from Eagle Clan. i made a puppet, and started something called The United Regions. It plays an NS rule, like the modern UN. it is a region, and an organization, but i am asking about the organization (i also made the region too). but, anywho, here is how it works;
once the region is in the UR The delegate, the founder, and the leader of the region are automatically in the senate. Senate will only change when we get new regions to join, when delegates change, when the leader is changed, and or the founder goes inactive, the senate will vote on interregional laws for all the regions. They will only apply Interregionally, meaning, say there is a law say; "no spamming the other regions in the UR", then someone spams a region in the UR, they would have broken the rule, but you may be thinking, "SO! what would happen to them!?", well... we have an inter regional court (which even a citizen can become a judge if they pass the app.). And if found guilty by the judge, the judge will then sentance them to a punishment (which can be overruled if found the judge did it wrongly). There is also inter regional spam and discussion forums, so any citizen can join, and talk to others in foreign regions. Like how on Comcast you can call all over the US and Parts of europe, that is what that is like.

here is what will happen if TNP says YES to this idea:

1-Most likely Sydia will apply in "The Ur Members" thread in the forum
2- I will make a "the north pacific" forum in: The immigration building, and The UR members forums
3- Then if you citizens want to join to... to talk, or be a judge, you will join, then just post in the "the north pacific" forum in the "immigration Building" so we know where you are from.
4-Then you may apply for judge, and the delegate/leader may start their senate duty.
----------------------------
We have a president of the UR. He/She is elected every month. People in senate applys, and EVERYONE may vote. but they MUST be in the forum to vote.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Wars:
I don't know if TNP has a military, but if you want to attack someone that is NOT in the UR, that is fine, but if you want to attack someone in the UR, you MUST tell the president. the president will not disclose it to anyone, but he/she HAS to know.
-----------------------------
That is about it. So, please vote on how you like this idea. the north pacific would be the first region to join. i've been trying to get people to join too... but it is hard. i think it would help if SOMEONE joined, which would most likely get more people in. Welp... see ya, tell me what you think :hello:

I guess they really don't need you then :rofl:
(just kidden)

Can this be a buisness topic? and not a n00b name calling game?

i think what BW was trying to say, in his own inimitable style, is that ideas like this come up regularly in the NS world, and pretty much never come to anything for a number of reasons.

Firstly, there are few regions willing to lose their sovereignty to a pan-regional body. this would be particularly true of a feeder or other large region.

Secondly, in these alliances the devil tends to be in the detail. For example, you say ....

And if found guilty by the judge, the judge will then sentance them to a punishment (which can be overruled if found the judge did it wrongly).

Immediately my spidey-sense starts tingling when I hear that word "punishment" which is so vague. how could you punish a region except by expulsion from the UR, upon which the region in question would shrug its shoulders and carry on as before.

Another example...

We have a president of the UR. He/She is elected every month. People in senate applys, and EVERYONE may vote. but they MUST be in the forum to vote.

Monthly elections? too oftern for any continuity, and you would be constantly on an election cycle. "Everyone may vote"? Have you thought about the security implications, especially when the organisation is quite small?

In conclusion, I would suggest working on the detail much, much more before trying to get established regions interested. Road-test the organisation for a while with some friends, and see what pitfalls emerge. Prove that it works, and come to other regions with more than a vague idea.

And even then be prepared that few regions, especially larger ones, will be interested. Regional sovereignty is too ingrained in this game.

Well this is good... I started this by my self. so, why don't we work together and try and get this to work.

Thanks for the offer, but having worked on a number of plans, alliances etc over the years I lack the energy to start one from scratch unless there is some guarantee that it will get off the ground.

If you work on it a bit more i will happily look over what you come up with.

That is the thing though, i need to get it off the ground, get atleast two regions other than my own to join, then people would see it is a "hit" (well, a bit of a hit), and they would join too. But i will try.

That is the thing though, i need to get it off the ground, get atleast two regions other than my own to join, then people would see it is a "hit" (well, a bit of a hit), and they would join too. But i will try.
Well first, welcome to the forum! We're glad you're here...well at least I am.

What Flem said is pretty much true - these things have been tried before and for most it just isn't worth the effort to try again. TNP is complicated enough, never mind adding an alliance for it to join.

So while I wish you the best of luck in your endeavor, I don't think TNP has the time nor energy to spare in getting a start up off the ground - especially when, to be honest, it has little chance of success.

But if you ever want to redirect that energy into TNP's government, you're always welcome to join the region!

I would suggest trying your luck in The East Pacific. That's pretty much the feeder region most open to new ideas and proposed changes.

hmm....I just saw this thread...in addition to the problems pointed out already - one region can still invade another? - and another - what is the point/what reason is there to join?

Back