Closed threads

Haor Chall

The Power of the Dark Side
TNP Nation
Haor Chall
Is there really a need to keep closing threads and moving things around?

I don't know if some people just get off on having the power to do so or something but I personally find it fustrating.

The vote may well have not been in question but that isn't really the point. It was only open for 14 odd hours which is ridiculous. Even if it can't possibly wait a little long to declare the result, what need is there to close the thread?

:mad:

Is there really a need to keep closing threads and moving things around?

I don't know if some people just get off on having the power to do so or something but I personally find it fustrating.

The vote may well have not been in question but that isn't really the point. It was only open for 14 odd hours which is ridiculous. Even if it can't possibly wait a little long to declare the result, what need is there to close the thread?

:mad:
I already explained why it was closed. "Vanguard wins even if HC and WV vote otherwise." Any votes would not have made a difference and the point of the thread was accomplished.

What is the problem? The fact that I closed it or something else?

If you don't like it HC...run for a position, ask to be a MOD or take a few of the endeavors on yourself instead of complaining about it. I would like to see you or anyone else become more involved in these matters.

Haor Chall:

Tresville:
HC...run for a position, ask to be a MOD or take a few of the endeavors on yourself instead of complaining about it. I would like to see you or anyone else become more involved in these matters.

Cmon guys, this is eRepublik, and unless you've actually taken RL offence to any NS-related tension you've had in the past...both those statements were pretty unwarranted. Tres is certainly not on a power-trip, but HC should certainly feel welcome to post a question like this.

I know I would have been frustrated too for being left out (however unintentional)...but I may not have been as accusatory. That aside, it may be more beneficial to go by a time-limit next time, for votes, that way, no one will feel that they're being barred an opportunity to have their say...

Would we agree on that?

As always, Tresville, you just don't get it.

Yes. The problem is you closed the thread when there was absolutely no reason to do so.

Ask to be a Mod? I wouldn't be so pretentious. I shouldn't need to either if the existing Mods were able to do their jobs rather than continuously locking, splitting and moving threads when there isn't really reason to do so.

As always, Tresville, you just don't get it.

Yes. The problem is you closed the thread when there was absolutely no reason to do so.

Ask to be a Mod? I wouldn't be so pretentious. I shouldn't need to either if the existing Mods were able to do their jobs rather than continuously locking, splitting and moving threads when there isn't really reason to do so.
You just don't get that you are not specifying why my reasoning isn't valid. You are just stating it isn't as if that were enough. Explain why you feel it isn't warranted. Don't just bark at me because u don't like it. I did state my reasoning, you haven't.

RB:
I was not attacking HC. My point is...if you don't like how things are done you can step in and participate more. Is their something wrong with wanting people to get more active in more areas instead of having the same 2 people do everything?

I have no problems with HC. But in my opinion he often has a problem with me. I am not making this personal. So please stop putting us in the same boat. This has nothing to do with NS.

In case u haven't noticed...when it is personal...i say it...such as I have when I had problems with Syd or Flem.

But don't stress this too much guys. More than likely I will not be participating in this forum for too long. I will be resigning as GMOD In a week or so.

I'm not siding with one or the other - but I will strongly recommend that votes be given at least a 24 hour deadline (until we establish a set practice)...this coming from my own reasoning, and no other's.

Whatever the case, there's tension here, unnecessary at that. If you two have a problem, you can sort it out in your PM inboxes - or in mine, or whatever.

Topic's locked. The first I've personally had to do in this forum, I'll add.

Back